Wikiposts

Certify Nim -help

Old Mar 12th 2004, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

lizzel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certify Nim -help

Hello,

Have just been sent our NIM by our celebrant in OZ and it states that we have to have it authorised/witnessed/certified copies signed by an Austrailian JofP or something similiar.

Does anyone have any ides who and how we can get this done? As far as im aware we have to sign it in front of them and can not think of how to get this done.

I may be having a blonde moment, so excuse me if I am, but all feedback will be gratefully read!!

Many Thanks. Liz.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

jodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certify Nim -help

Hi Lizzel

I presume you are applying for the Prospective Spouse visa and you are referring to the Notice of Itent (NOIM ) ??

Just to let you know that my Irish fiance submitted his visa application before the six month date of which a celebrant can lodge the NOIM, to get around this we got a letter from the celebrant including the date of which the ceremony is taking place, the location and the time, he also included a sentence stating that an NOIM will be lodged as per the legal proceedings.

He submitted the original copy of this letter with his application (make sure to keep your own photcopy), and it worked as my fiance was granted his visa on Monday !

Let me know if I can be of further help !

Jodie

Originally posted by lizzel
Hello,

Have just been sent our NIM by our celebrant in OZ and it states that we have to have it authorised/witnessed/certified copies signed by an Austrailian JofP or something similiar.

Does anyone have any ides who and how we can get this done? As far as im aware we have to sign it in front of them and can not think of how to get this done.

I may be having a blonde moment, so excuse me if I am, but all feedback will be gratefully read!!

Many Thanks. Liz.