Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Certified documents for online application?

Wikiposts

Certified documents for online application?

Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough
Default Certified documents for online application?

Hi

We are just doing our application for 175 online now and it is asking for certified copies of all our documents.

I remember here a while back people saying if you are scanning original documents then they don't need to be certified.

Is this true??

Just want to be sure before we upload them. Anyone know?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 11:11 pm
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Certified documents for online application?

Hope this helps

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

"The department accepts scanned copies of the original document (non-certified) provided they are IN COLOUR and in PDF, JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats. If you scan documents in black and white, then they must be scanned copies of the certified copies."

Attach Documents Here: https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/a...N&group=travel

Scottie.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Can you do a greyscale scan of an original when the original is in black & white? OH's military discharge papers are all b/w, hence the question. (And greyscale will reduce the size 6Mb as the moment!)
Old Nov 18th 2007, 3:18 am
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

I would still scan them as if they were colour, just so it doesnt cause any problem. Also if the file is large reduce the size of it, with something like pizresizer.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Scottie x
Old Nov 18th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Scottie, and thanks for the link.
Niki
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I'm being thick here. Sorry.

Could someone confirm what I think is true?

1. Colour documents copies and originals, scan in colour - no certification.
2. B and W ORIGINAL documents, scan in colour - no certification.
3. B and W COPY documents, with certifiction.

Before I read this thread, I thought all black and white documents had to be certified, but now I'm not sure.

Thanks!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Now I'm going to confuse the issue further

OH's discharge papers include some copies (of copies from the look of them). We requested them from MoD, so how do I (if indeed I need to) certify that they're copies of the originals when for us, they are the originals?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:49 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NikiL
Can you do a greyscale scan of an original when the original is in black & white? OH's military discharge papers are all b/w, hence the question. (And greyscale will reduce the size 6Mb as the moment!)
Niki, OH's MCM Div desk officer should already have the docs in PDF format..part of the new ruling for JPA and DII(F)...just a thought.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fly Away
OK, I'm being thick here. Sorry.

Could someone confirm what I think is true?

1. Colour documents copies and originals, scan in colour - no certification.
2. B and W ORIGINAL documents, scan in colour - no certification.
3. B and W COPY documents, with certifiction.

Before I read this thread, I thought all black and white documents had to be certified, but now I'm not sure.

Thanks!
I'm confused aswell!! How can you scan a black and white original in colour????
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulrebel
I'm confused aswell!! How can you scan a black and white original in colour????
I thought one of the posters said that so long as a b&w copy was scanned in colour mode rather than B&W or grayscale that it was acceptable. This is what was confusing me too! I thought I had all this straight in my head, B&W = certified and Colour =noncertified, but then I read this thread and got confused again!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:35 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NikiL
Now I'm going to confuse the issue further

OH's discharge papers include some copies (of copies from the look of them). We requested them from MoD, so how do I (if indeed I need to) certify that they're copies of the originals when for us, they are the originals?
PM on its way
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

OH's MCM Div desk officer
Dave, can you translate to English please? You've just MOD'd me and I'm totally lost I know I work for MOD'em but I still get this blank look on a lot of acronyms!

Asked Marcus & he's just as lost (he left over 15 years ago)