Wikiposts

Certified copies of passports

Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:06 pm
Rk1dayboy

Default Certified copies of passports

Wondering if somebody can help. My children are listed on my passport.
Do they need to have their own passports or is it ok to submit
application to DIMIA with the children on my passport. Also one other
question. I have read threads about numbering of completed application
to DIMIA. I have not seen anywhere on the info about numbering pages
on application. Should this be done.

Thanks

MK

Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:11 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified copies of passports

Originally Posted by Rk1dayboy

Thanks

MK
Hi there

1. All applicants including kids have to have their own passport as they need their own visa & validation stamp to allow them to stay in Australia. I have a 2 yrs old & a 3 month old & they both have their own passports.

2. It does state on the 136 checklist "It is important that you folio and present all documents in the order outlined below. It is essential that that you number the pages from the bottom up. Please use sub-dividing tabs/flags in your application\wherever the filing symbol is shown." - it seems strange but what you need to do is get everything is the exact order (where possible) as on the checklist & then start from the very bootom & number the pages so that the very top document has the highest page number. You need to then place a card divider (like you had in folders at school) and place it where you place your Form 47SK, Satisfactory skills assessment (inc copies of all documentation sent for skills ass) & Evidence of English language ability (IELTS TRF number or certificate or for Eng Lang speakers an exam certificate to prove you have sat exams in english). The reason for these dividers is to "point out" to the assessor where these 3 documents are in your application for ease on their behalf.

The other important thing to remember is that you must keep papers together with large clip and place in a large envelope - do NOT place them in a binder, folder or plastic sleeve or they may be rejected!

I have attached the 136 Checklist for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
136.pdf (36.4 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 4th 2005 at 7:13 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

MK
Hello MK,

I don't know about passports. Personally, I would get the kids their own passports, I am sure when we went to OZ a few years back and my son was on my mums (they had taken him away earlier in the year) it was suggested to us to get his own for travel.

Secondly, I would number pages for sure as you have to enter the numbers into the right hand column of the 3 schedule sheets which you put in with your application. I would not get too stressed about the numbering, a few of us have just done it and done it differently! They have all been received by DIMIA and are being processed. Just make it clear, easy to understand and legible and you will be ok.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:08 pm
Rk1dayboy

Thanks a million for the information

Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:41 pm
Rk1dayboy

Thanks Vic & Jase.

MK

Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

MK
There is no requirement that children have their own passport as long as the issuing Country still allows it ie - the question is whether it is a valid travel document or not. DIMIA will only evidence the visa in one parent's passport so that child always has to travel to Australia with that particular parent unless they go in and get it cancelled from one and put in the other. So things are a lot easier all round if everyone had separate passports however it is you who has to pay to achieve this. Some standard letters from DIMIA during the process will make it out to be a legal requirement to get separate passports but this is bluff from DIMIA. When it comes to the crunch, DIMIA/ASPC must, by law, grant the visa when you are entitled to be granted them - regardless of whether you have separtate passports and even regardless of whether you have a legal travel document or even any travel document. Their computer system, However, does prefer a passport number as it likes to link the travel document to the visa grant and is one of the security measures of the visa when it is evidenced.

London when evidencing, just look for a valid travel document, does not matter how many children are on the passport, as long as it is a valid document.

Tony

[QUOTE=Rk1dayboy]Wondering if somebody can help. My children are listed on my passport.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 4:10 am
Rk1dayboy

Thanks a mill Tony, Jonah's Mummy, Vic&Jase. Probably be easier all
around to have their own. We have a bit of wait from TRA so might as
well use the time and get the passports done. Anything that makes life
easier for DIMIA.