Wikiposts

Certified copies

Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default Certified copies

Can Anyone tell me a full list of who can certify copies please, thanks
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Certified copies

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Can Anyone tell me a full list of who can certify copies please, thanks
Hiya

A solicitor, doctor, justice of the peace, registered accountant, police officer, bank manager.

I've heard of all of the above certifying docs for different people.

Ring around though and get quotes - some charge the sun moon and stars.

Trish
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Does the accountant have to be just a qualified accountant, or a practising (i.e member in practice) accountant?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:17 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Technically (so far as I know) an accountant (whether qualified or not) cannot certify documents as true copies in the UK - though docs signed as true copies by qualified UK accountants (ie members of the recognised professional Institutes) tend to be acceptable to the Australian authorities.

Best regards.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:18 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

PS. http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=236

You can add registered migration agents to this list as well.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Alan.

There is a method in the madness of the question, honest!

Last edited by NikiL; Oct 22nd 2007 at 12:01 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:34 am
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

I spent time looking into this and couldn't find a list I was happy with, so went with what seemed the safest option - a solicitor!

The 'definate' list for 'in Australia' seemed fine, but the 'each country has there own' seemed too vague for me.

We have a family friend who is a Head Master, and he said he has done it before, and would have done it for free....

In the end I just yell.com 'd our local solicitors and phoned each one. Some said no, some seemed vague, one said yes - not a problem, £1 a sheet. They were within easy reach on my drive home, so I stopped in and got them done. What's another £30 on top of everything else?

They had a nice stamp with "I certify this a true likeness", their business stamp, and a signiture on each...

(These were the documents I had to send off for my Skills Assessment).