Wikiposts

certified copies??

Old Jun 26th 2004, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

rita is on a distinguished road
Default certified copies??

Hi,

I am applying for a de-facto visa.I have read through the immi website and I am a little confused about what exactly needs certifying. Is it just birth certifcate/passport or do we need to get all copies such as the proof of relationship docs like birth annoucement of my neice naming myself and my partner/bank statement/ letters sent to us both/copies of our joint credit card etc.

Also I have a police check in UK done Dec last year. We hope to submit our application end Aug in Australia is it advisable to get another now?

Finally, it states 2 stat decs. We were thinking about our friends writing statements regarding our relationship as extra proof. Should these be stat decs or just signed statements.

Thanks
Rita
Old Jun 26th 2004, 9:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: certified copies??

Originally posted by rita
Hi,

I am applying for a de-facto visa.I have read through the immi website and I am a little confused about what exactly needs certifying. Is it just birth certifcate/passport or do we need to get all copies such as the proof of relationship docs like birth annoucement of my neice naming myself and my partner/bank statement/ letters sent to us both/copies of our joint credit card etc.

Also I have a police check in UK done Dec last year. We hope to submit our application end Aug in Australia is it advisable to get another now?

Finally, it states 2 stat decs. We were thinking about our friends writing statements regarding our relationship as extra proof. Should these be stat decs or just signed statements.

Thanks
Rita
Get everything with your names on certified. Bank statements, the lot. In for a penny in for a pound.

If you are not submitting until August, I would suggest getting another police check around then. Whenever you get your visa, you will have to validate within one year of police check and medical. You won't have much time if you stick with the one you've got.

The friends writing statements bit - should be stat decs. Will also need certifying.

There is a thread on aus living, can't remember who by - I will look - that gives a template for British friends to make stat decs. I just tried attaching my copy, but couldn't, bear with me.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 9:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My computer playing up.

Do a search on Aus lifestyle forum - Stat decs. A thread was started by Kelbert which has a copy of a british stat dec you can use.

Hope all this makes sense.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by moneypen20
My computer playing up.

Do a search on Aus lifestyle forum - Stat decs. A thread was started by Kelbert which has a copy of a british stat dec you can use.

Hope all this makes sense.
Thanks,
Do you know anything about getting stat decs from friends and family in England or would they hvae to be just statements as they aren'y aussies??
Cheers for help!
Rita
Old Jun 26th 2004, 11:06 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Thanks,
Do you know anything about getting stat decs from friends and family in England or would they hvae to be just statements as they aren'y aussies??
Cheers for help!
Rita

If its a de facto visa you're applying for the things you need certified are;

- copy of passport info page - you and sponsor
- copy of birth certificate - you and sponsor
- your statement
- all the Australians Stat Decs need a copy of their birth cert certified also
- Stat Decs

the only original document you HAVE to send in is the police check. You dont need phone bills, bank statments etc certified, they can just be photocopies.

I got my english Stat decs done on a slightly different form, they were accepted fine. If you PM your email I'll send you a copy of the blank form. Or find the thread as mentioned.

De facto visas are 'usually' granted within a matter of weeks, if you aren't submitting it till August then you 'should' be okay with your PCC.
I'm pretty certain though if you request another police check now it'll only be valid until the time your first one is, I read this on here a few weeks ago, will try and find the thread (might be worth you asking at your local station to confirm) I think if your police check expires before your visa is aproved you'd be asked to do another one, but with de facto visas taking a max of 4 months this isn't likely.

Cheers
Michelle

Last edited by mlbonner; Jun 26th 2004 at 11:24 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 11:07 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi,

Rita

Have you seen this? I think its quite easy to follow and should be what you're using
http://dima.cardgate.net/Partner_Migration/1127.pdf
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mlbonner
Have you seen this? I think its quite easy to follow and should be what you're using
http://dima.cardgate.net/Partner_Migration/1127.pdf

Thanks,

This is what I'm using but didn't follow the certified bit as it seemed a bit vague. I got the template too. Just occurred to me I'm going to have to write my stat dec here and get it done here as I read it has to be done in your home country and I'm leaving in 2 weeks arghhhhhhh! Maybe i can I get it signed in Oz if its a Aussie stat dec??? Very specific query though, anyone know??

Thanks again, made me feel less stressed about finding someone to certify a million things without it costing the earth. Also about the police checks. I keep reading how quick de factos seem to be but I don't want to count my chickens and all that but i reckon ill wait and see !!

Cheers!!!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:40 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Thanks,

This is what I'm using but didn't follow the certified bit as it seemed a bit vague. I got the template too. Just occurred to me I'm going to have to write my stat dec here and get it done here as I read it has to be done in your home country and I'm leaving in 2 weeks arghhhhhhh! Maybe i can I get it signed in Oz if its a Aussie stat dec??? Very specific query though, anyone know??

Thanks again, made me feel less stressed about finding someone to certify a million things without it costing the earth. Also about the police checks. I keep reading how quick de factos seem to be but I don't want to count my chickens and all that but i reckon ill wait and see !!

Cheers!!!
Hi there,

I don't really follow the bit about it having to be done in your home country. I looked for where it said that but couldn't see it?? Pressumably couples that are living here (or there) together would mean one of them would be getting a stat dec done thats not in their home country? If its your own statement about your relationship then it doesn't have to be done in a stat dec form anyway & all your UK stat decs could just have them done here and send them to you perhaps??

De facto visa's are quite quick; think mine took 7 weeks which is comparatively long

Good luck!