Wikiposts

certification of documents

Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

KezzaP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default certification of documents

Hi all

we have just got all our paperwork together for the skills assessment for my partner who is an accountant.

We really need to know when we get documents certified, what exactly do we need to do i.e

is it every page that needs certfication - if so a solictior needs to individually sit there and sign every page?

and will this also be true for the main visa application

can you please let us know of the correct way to do this

Thanks guys :-)
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: certification of documents

Yes, spot on!, every page needs certifying as a true copy of the original and only a solicitior/magistrate can do this, he needs to stamp and sign every page and make sure you get 2 copies of each as you will need to send everything again with your visa applicaton!.

Shop around for prices as the cost soon adds up!! - we found one for 25p per sheet, some wanted as much as £1.00 per sheet!!, I think some people on here have had them done free by a magistrate though.

Good Luck.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

KezzaP is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks for the reply

if we just get one copy of each signed we will then be submitting for the 457 online via the new system - so i am i right that we can just scan the signed copies in ??

so therefore ...no need for 2 copies ?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:39 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

for nline applications you don't need to have them certified, they just need to be a colour scan of the original!
But if you're posting copies then it's signed stamped and dated
With address and contact number and name printed below signature if it's illegible.

Hope this helps a bit
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

We got a local justice of the peace to do it for free. He wrote his name and address and his position on each copy and then signed it. Very nice of him it was too. We rang our local court to get information. Oh, and the date.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alipally
for nline applications you don't need to have them certified, they just need to be a colour scan of the original!
But if you're posting copies then it's signed stamped and dated
With address and contact number and name printed below signature if it's illegible.

Hope this helps a bit

I got mine stamped & signed but included the solicitors business card, this was accepted okay by TRA, Also included stat dec in main application with the solicitors business card attached.