Wikiposts

cert docs and stat declarations.

Old May 9th 2002, 2:20 am
Phil&Liz

Default cert docs and stat declarations.

Hi everybody,

In the UK who can certify documents, for the application?

And who can witness the statuatory declarations, and what is the wording needed. As
there is no commissionare for oaths in my area, and a solicitor wants £30 to ask the
AHC for the wording they need to put on the declarations.

Hope some on e can help

Phil

Old May 9th 2002, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: cert docs and stat declarations.

Solicitors can certify your documents.

For your stat decs I also got a solicitor to do mine...cost £5 (and as far as I know this is a pretty standard amount...dont know about down sarf though).

As for the wording...is it the stat dec to prove the relationship? as for the standard wording as long as its got the right header and footer you will be fine (for wording do a search on this forum for stat dec or something.....a rather nice person, Sophia, posted the wording for her stat dec (am at work at the mo so mine isnt to hand).

Hope this helps.
Old May 9th 2002, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

A local solicitor certified all my copies for a grand total of £5.

For the stat decs I downloaded form 888 from the DIMA website and got my referees to fill in a copy each. This form is strictly for use in Australia only but I don't think the AHC in London seem too bothered about the format as long as the information is there and it is witnessed by a solicitor.

When I sent my application in (de facto spouse visa) I got the medical and police forms by return of post so I guess it must have been acceptable.
Old May 9th 2002, 5:20 am
Protect The Inn

My solicitor did them at £5 per copy - I was told by one solicitor that they are not
allowed to charge more than that to do it.

I did enquiry about a notary public, but they wanted £85 to do it - you can imagine
where i told them to go!!!

I did the wording myself and the solicitor did not say anything regarding it when she
looked at it, therefore I assume it was okay.

So long as you make it sound sort of official and ensure it covers the point you are
trying to make, then just kind of guess at it.

You didn't say what the stat dec was for, so my wording might not be applicable, but
if for instance a friend etc was delaring that they have known you and your spouce
for a certain period of time, something like below should do it

I Friend

Do solemly and sincerely declare

As follows

1) I have known <person a name in full> since <date>
2) I have known <person b name in full> since <date>
3) That <person a> and <person b> have since <date> been living as common law
husband and wife.

I don't say that this is the best stat dec they will ever receive, but I doubt it
will be the worse and it does what it is meant to do.

"phil&liz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > In the UK who can certify documents, for the application?
    >
    > And who can witness the statuatory declarations, and what is the wording needed. As
    > there is no commissionare for oaths in my area, and a solicitor wants £30 to ask
    > the AHC for the wording they need to put on the declarations.
    >
    > Hope some on e can help
    >
    >
    > Phil