Ceremony Notification

Old Aug 28th 2017, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

bernstable is a jewel in the roughbernstable is a jewel in the roughbernstable is a jewel in the roughbernstable is a jewel in the rough
Default Ceremony Notification

Hi All

Do you have to be in Australia when the ceremony date and invite is sent out, obviously we need to be in Australia for the ceremony itself? I know you had to be in the country when the citizenship approval decision was made ...

I have a business trip coming up and am wondering if I still need to inform immigration (citizenship has been approved!) ... if the ceremony was scheduled for whilst I was away, I'd make sure I was back for it.

thanks in advance

Bernie
Old Aug 28th 2017, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ceremony Notification

No, you don't have to be in the country. I wasn't, but you would obviously need someone who could open the letter and get in touch to tell you when it is.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

bernstable is a jewel in the roughbernstable is a jewel in the roughbernstable is a jewel in the roughbernstable is a jewel in the rough

Great thanks!

How much notice do they generally give of when your citizenship ceremony will be?
Old Aug 28th 2017, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

That depends on the council. I think we had about ten days. I was lucky as I worked FIFO in Africa and it just happened to fall while I was on rostered time off back in Perth.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 2:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You don't actually need to be in Australia for the ceremony. You can arrange for it to be held at an Australian consulate if you are temporarily outside Australia. However if you're only on a short business trip then it's likely much more convenient for you to simply return to Australia.