Cash in hand

Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

mappyin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cash in hand

Hello

I'm from India working for a small firm and I've applied for the Australian PR (SC-175) this year. I've a quick question for you. My firm doesn't pay through bank as it gives the salary in hand. I get the entire salary as cash in hands. I wouldn't be able to show any bank statement or any tax related document to the CO. However, I can get the PaySlips for him/her. Could anyone suggest me on this. Will this scenario help me in getting the visa?

Cheers!!
Mappyin
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cash in hand

I suspect you are still liable to pay income tax locally - do you?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:01 am
Just Joined

mappyin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
I suspect you are still liable to pay income tax locally - do you?
Yes... u r right. I get the salary in cash after the tax deduction. My concern is that I may not be able to produce tax related documents neither from my end nor from the firm's end. I can get the payslips though.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

sehmbi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mappyin
Hello

I'm from India working for a small firm and I've applied for the Australian PR (SC-175) this year. I've a quick question for you. My firm doesn't pay through bank as it gives the salary in hand. I get the entire salary as cash in hands. I wouldn't be able to show any bank statement or any tax related document to the CO. However, I can get the PaySlips for him/her. Could anyone suggest me on this. Will this scenario help me in getting the visa?

Cheers!!
Mappyin
Hi
In the case your salary is under certain amount to be liable for tax deduction you can fill form 136 ( you are in india right). Ask this form from your employeer.
Under tax deduction column there would be -N.A.-
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes... u r right. I get the salary in cash after the tax deduction. My concern is that I may not be able to produce tax related documents neither from my end nor from the firm's end. I can get the payslips though.
If you get salary in cash after tax deduction then you must get some kind of paperwork showing this - otherwise how can you be sure your tax has been remitted to the appropriate authorities.

Be aware that work experience needs to be paid in order to be "skilled"

It already sounds like you need good professional assistance.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

PuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nicePuneetGaba is just really nice

Hello

Cheers!!
Mappyin
Bro its very common for applicants in India getting paid through cash and not through a check or a banking related channel. But like u said that ur employer pays u in cash after deducting tax, then ask him for ur TDS certificate and ur form 16 H. Another thing i would suggest u is to file ur returns for April07-March 08 for the amount u recieved through cash and simultaneously ask for a TDS certficate from ur employer since he has already deducted tax before paying u.

Hope this helps.