Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

case is nearing finalisation, please advise

case is nearing finalisation, please advise

Old Jul 21st 2006, 8:29 am
Just Joined

nitu23 will become famous soon enoughnitu23 will become famous soon enough
Default case is nearing finalisation, please advise

Hi all,

We applied under designated area skilled category 139 and had PCC submitted on October, 2005 and medical done in Nov 2005. AoS done on 25th Oct 2006. Further tests cleared on 20th June 2006. Today, we got e-mail from CO that " Please be advised that the case is nearing finalisation, and if successful, all family members would need to make at least one entry on skilled visas by October 2006. That means, you must all collect your visas overseas and arrive into any Australian city by XX october 2006."

We informed CO that yes we will entre before due date (CO has acknowldged the receipt of our reply). Otherwise if I would have said no, then we may need to submit PCC or/and medicals again. Kindly advise me is it nearly approval of visa and only formal approval left. Usually how long CO can take to advise us final decision. I had to wait too loooooong to get this news and your reply can make me feel better.

Thanks
nitu
Old Jul 21st 2006, 9:33 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future
Default Re: case is nearing finalisation, please advise

Dear Nitu,

If I'm not wrong, that's called a "pre-grant" letter... So, let me be the first to say:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

CHEERS.

p/s You should be getting the actual visa grant letter within days.

Last edited by zeny; Jul 21st 2006 at 10:58 am.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 10:09 am
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: case is nearing finalisation, please advise

Originally Posted by nitu23
Hi all,

We applied under designated area skilled category 139 and had PCC submitted on October, 2005 and medical done in Nov 2005. AoS done on 25th Oct 2006. Further tests cleared on 20th June 2006. Today, we got e-mail from CO that " Please be advised that the case is nearing finalisation, and if successful, all family members would need to make at least one entry on skilled visas by October 2006. That means, you must all collect your visas overseas and arrive into any Australian city by XX october 2006."

We informed CO that yes we will entre before due date (CO has acknowldged the receipt of our reply). Otherwise if I would have said no, then we may need to submit PCC or/and medicals again. Kindly advise me is it nearly approval of visa and only formal approval left. Usually how long CO can take to advise us final decision. I had to wait too loooooong to get this news and your reply can make me feel better.

Thanks
nitu
Congratulations on getting the Visa - enjoy your new life in Australia -
I think you now have to send your Passport to the office that you said you would collect Visa from on the 47sk
Regards
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:54 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle
Congratulations on getting the Visa - enjoy your new life in Australia -
I think you now have to send your Passport to the office that you said you would collect Visa from on the 47sk
Regards
The OP has yet to be granted the visa, so sending passports to the visa evidencing office attracts a real risk of creating some head-scratching activity at that office.

The grant letter should follow the pre-grant letter shortly, once the travel details of the applicant and family are shared with the CO (if the applicant and family are in Australia) and no other issues crop up to prevent the grant of the visas.

Peter
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:58 pm
Rocko since Feb 07

markrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: case is nearing finalisation, please advise

Good luck! The evidencing only took us 2 days but can take up to a week. We never got a pre-grant letter at all so I cant comment on that but if you read 'lemoninoz' you might find this stops you worrying.

Angie(and Mark)

Originally Posted by ptlabs
The OP has yet to be granted the visa, so sending passports to the visa evidencing office attracts a real risk of creating some head-scratching activity at that office.

The grant letter should follow the pre-grant letter shortly, once the travel details of the applicant and family are shared with the CO (if the applicant and family are in Australia) and no other issues crop up to prevent the grant of the visas.

Peter
Old Jul 21st 2006, 3:02 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markrj
Good luck! The evidencing only took us 2 days but can take up to a week. We never got a pre-grant letter at all so I cant comment on that but if you read 'lemoninoz' you might find this stops you worrying.

Angie(and Mark)
Pre-grant letters are usually applicable for applicants of an offshore visa who are residing in Australia (and who have told DIMA that they are residing in Australia).

Offshore visa applicants who are outside Australia don't usually get a pre-grant letter.

On a related note, this shows why it's important to inform your agent (if you have one) or DIMA of any trips planned to Australia, if you have applied for an offshore visa. Obviously if you've applied for an onshore visa and have planned a trip away from Australia, DIMA needs to know as well (and you need to ensure your visa allows you to return to Australia legally for the onshore visa to be granted).

Peter
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:36 am
Just Joined

nitu23 will become famous soon enoughnitu23 will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much to all of you for your reply. I much appreciate your time and efforts.

Cheers!
Arvind
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

greenwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Best wishes to you..fun times ahead