Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can't stand doing nothing......so booked meds....to save sanity!!

Wikiposts

Can't stand doing nothing......so booked meds....to save sanity!!

Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Can't stand doing nothing......so booked meds....to save sanity!!

I know everyone is in the same boat...but just needed to let off steam...sorry! Spent too long on Austimeline and number crunching with calendars.....how many days since this and that. Everyone of them in the house has pen marks all over then.

Having said that...tried to book so around the 12 week mark as this seems to be an average to aim for -14th June.

Now I need to try and leave the net for a couple of days for a break.....we all know that aint going to happen. Never mind feel better now got it off my chest!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:03 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Can't stand doing nothing......so booked meds....to save sanity!!

Originally Posted by NikkiGriff
Now I need to try and leave the net for a couple of days for a break.....we all know that aint going to happen.
Never.....you'll be on here!

Hope all goes well with the Med's when you have them.

R.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Carruss
Never.....you'll be on here!

Hope all goes well with the Med's when you have them.

R.
Have not even managed to get off now..........never mind not come back for a bit! Survived 70's 80's and 90's without one addictive habit, only to get to ****ish and suddenly realise an inanimate object with a screen has complete power over me. And I used to have a go at my teenagers for spending hours on "messenger". They can't get a look in for mum now....sad I know!

Nikki
Trying to log off
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:16 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Have not even managed to get off now..........never mind not come back for a bit! Survived 70's 80's and 90's without one addictive habit, only to get to ****ish and suddenly realise an inanimate object with a screen has complete power over me. And I used to have a go at my teenagers for spending hours on "messenger". They can't get a look in for mum now....sad I know!

Nikki
Trying to log off
I know what you mean, my wife never gets a look in!

R.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Can't stand doing nothing......so booked meds....to save sanity!!

Originally Posted by Carruss
I know what you mean, my wife never gets a look in!

R.
Good it would be terrible to inflict this strange existance on another human being... lol....she will thank you in the end!

Nikki
Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:19 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I know everyone is in the same boat...but just needed to let off steam...sorry! Spent too long on Austimeline and number crunching with calendars.....how many days since this and that. Everyone of them in the house has pen marks all over then.

Having said that...tried to book so around the 12 week mark as this seems to be an average to aim for -14th June.

Now I need to try and leave the net for a couple of days for a break.....we all know that aint going to happen. Never mind feel better now got it off my chest!
Hey, Nikki
I've gone ahead and booked our meds for 21st June.......and the application only does off tomorrow!!! In fact, considering I've off sick, I've clocked in 8 hours days on this forum. I think we need serious help....like a visa being granted or something like that.

Keep smiling!
Nicky
Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:20 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Can't stand doing nothing......so booked meds....to save sanity!!

Trying to log off

But not quite managed it yet, eh??? LOL
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:35 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Snap!

We have booked our meds (unrequested) for the 14th of June

Rob, Trish and Family

Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Hi Nikki

We are almost on the same timeline, I'm a couple days in front. I know exactly how you feel, I'm becoming obsessive about this forum and have lost motivation at work altogether and I don't even have my visa yet - there is no hope. Like you I can't stand the waiting and have booked our meds for 21st May hoping the request will come in somewhere around that time.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Hi
Same as you, got fed up doing nothing (pre julyer) so booked meds. The med req's arrived on the day we were going for our meds! Glad we did as we would have had to wait a few weeks for an appointment for the meds and I'd still be waiting for my visa now (granted last week).

Good luck with your meds, will send karma

Tracy
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Can't stand doing nothing......so booked meds....to save sanity!!

Hi all

I know it sounds sick but it does feel better having other mad people around you, or are we.......too deep for this time in the morning.

Yes off sick but agree doing more typing than I ever do at work!

Booked meds yesterday will be around week 12 mark on the 14th June. Going with the famous Dr Million....well by that I mean I have seen his name on here a couple of times. He was slightly cheaper than Liverpool one.

£90 meds
£40 xrays
£20 HIV bloods said we might have to have Hep tests - pierced ears etc
£10 each postage

Grand total which is not far off exactly that £750.00 = family of 5

Now new panic......what conditions are going to suddenly jump out!!!
God it never stops does it.

I'm a 138 app so don't really feel right on the 136 modl etc threads.
So great to see names that I watch when I do relevant search on austimeline.

Nikki fingers and toes crossed for us all x
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:13 pm
In my own little world!

Hi all

I know it sounds sick but it does feel better having other mad people around you, or are we.......too deep for this time in the morning.

Yes off sick but agree doing more typing than I ever do at work!

Booked meds yesterday will be around week 12 mark on the 14th June. Going with the famous Dr Million....well by that I mean I have seen his name on here a couple of times. He was slightly cheaper than Liverpool one.

£90 meds
£40 xrays
£20 HIV bloods said we might have to have Hep tests - pierced ears etc
£10 each postage

Grand total which is not far off exactly that £750.00 = family of 5

Now new panic......what conditions are going to suddenly jump out!!!
God it never stops does it.

I'm a 138 app so don't really feel right on the 136 modl etc threads.
So great to see names that I watch when I do relevant search on austimeline.

Nikki fingers and toes crossed for us all x
Hang in there, Nikki - you can't be far off getting the med request from your CO. I did some research on 138's on the Austimeline, going back over the last year and the average time from lodging application to visa grant is shorter than you might think, about 7-9months provided there are no queries. Now, doesn't that make you feel better? No? No, me neither. Still got to go through this bloody waiting game!

Nicky
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Hang in there, Nikki - you can't be far off getting the med request from your CO. I did some research on 138's on the Austimeline, going back over the last year and the average time from lodging application to visa grant is shorter than you might think, about 7-9months provided there are no queries. Now, doesn't that make you feel better? No? No, me neither. Still got to go through this bloody waiting game!

Nicky
Oh my God what research have we not done. We should get a Masters on the strength of the hours......should be back at work.....being honest.....care less and less about it....need to get a grip. They know our plans but can't give in my notice till we get email/letter "GOT IT".

If I gave notice in July which I should get no money over summer....which we so need. So going back in Sept as supply cover.....great.....would love to be there before xmas.

Nipping down to Merseyside Police later to get PCC forms ours are up in November - too close for comfort so doing them again...cheapest part of app so don't mind.

Oh ye Peter now off also...colds alround for Bank Hols!!

Nikki x