Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can you change asco code on a submitted visa application

Wikiposts

Can you change asco code on a submitted visa application

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:53 am
Just Joined

szhgvd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you change asco code on a submitted visa application

I have just found out that I would also qualify for an asco code on the critical skills list. Has anyone been able to change their asco code on an already submitted application. Mine was submitted August 2008.
Cheers,
Dave
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you change asco code on a submitted visa application

Originally Posted by szhgvd
I have just found out that I would also qualify for an asco code on the critical skills list. Has anyone been able to change their asco code on an already submitted application. Mine was submitted August 2008.
Cheers,
Dave
You would need to get a new skills assessment for that ASCO code and submit a new application. If yo uare also qualified under a CSL occupation, you may be better off applying for State sponsorship from one of the government agencies - would be easier to advise if I knew what your current nominated occupation was and what CSL occupation you could also get successfully assessed under.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 24th 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by welshtony
You would need to get a new skills assessment for that ASCO code and submit a new application. If yo uare also qualified under a CSL occupation, you may be better off applying for State sponsorship from one of the government agencies - would be easier to advise if I knew what your current nominated occupation was and what CSL occupation you could also get successfully assessed under.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Do you have to submit and pay for a new application or can you use the 1022 form to change the occupation on a existing application?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 1:59 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Do you have to submit and pay for a new application or can you use the 1022 form to change the occupation on a existing application?
Tony's quite correct. You cannot change your assessed occupation once an application has been submitted. However we understand that the ASPC will consider a second skills assessment for priority processing purposes, since clearly the idea is to bring people to Australia who have needed skills, and the skills assessment is evidence of those skills.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Tony's quite correct. You cannot change your assessed occupation once an application has been submitted. However we understand that the ASPC will consider a second skills assessment for priority processing purposes, since clearly the idea is to bring people to Australia who have needed skills, and the skills assessment is evidence of those skills.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Does a second assessment in a slightly different trade affect the first assessment in any way?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 7:30 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Does a second assessment in a slightly different trade affect the first assessment in any way?
Dear MCH,

No, your major issue is that might bring the credibility of the first assessment into question. Before September 2007 it was a common option to replace one assessment with another so more experienced agents would be aware of the pitfalls, of which this would be the main one.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear MCH,

No, your major issue is that might bring the credibility of the first assessment into question. Before September 2007 it was a common option to replace one assessment with another so more experienced agents would be aware of the pitfalls, of which this would be the main one.

Cheers,

George Lombard
I thought so ..........but I had already have made an observation which intrigued me.

Take these two examples

Electronic and Office Equipment Tradespersons – Supervisor 4315-01 (non CSL)

Electronic Equipment Tradesperson 4315-11 (CSL)

Prior to the changes both these occupations are very very similar and were of equal value (same points and both non-MODL) meaning that the applicant could probably pick either as long as he/she were a supervisor with office equipment experience for at least 3 years to satisfy 4315-01.

The latter is now on CSL

If an applicant had originally been assessed as Electronic and Office Equipment Tradespersons – Supervisor 4315-01.... it is likely that they worked as an Electronic Equipment Tradesperson before becoming a supervisor ........ I am sure he/she would also be capable of obtaining a positive assessment as Electronic Equipment Tradesperson 4315-11 and qualify for CSL.

Would there be any pitfalls in the above???

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Jan 24th 2009 at 9:32 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:13 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

I thought so ..........but I had already have made an observation which intrigued me.

Take these two examples

Electronic and Office Equipment Tradespersons – Supervisor 4315-01 (non CSL)

Electronic Equipment Tradesperson 4315-11 (CSL)

Prior to the changes both these occupations are very very similar and were of equal value (same points and both non-MODL) meaning that the applicant could probably pick either as long as he/she were a supervisor with office equipment experience for at least 3 years to satisfy 4315-01.

The latter is now on CSL

If an applicant had originally been assessed as Electronic and Office Equipment Tradespersons – Supervisor 4315-01.... it is likely that they worked as an Electronic Equipment Tradesperson before becoming a supervisor ........ I am sure he/she would also be capable of obtaining a positive assessment as Electronic Equipment Tradesperson 4315-11 and qualify for CSL.

Would there be any pitfalls in the above???
Dear MCH,

Too many issues to discuss openly on this forum. You can email me if you want to discuss.

Cheers,

George Lombard