Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

can wife get chest x ray done before requested?

can wife get chest x ray done before requested?

Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:07 am
Just Joined

martyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can wife get chest x ray done before requested?

Hi,

currently in Oz with my wife on my 457, we are going for pr very soon but want to try for a baby can she get x ray done now? I know it will only last 12 months.

Can we just ring up one of the x ray places which is apporved by panel doctors and book her in? what would happen to the x rays? do we keep them unopened or would they need to send them to diac even though we hadnt yet applied for the visa?

thanks in advance
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

living_legend is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: can wife get chest x ray done before requested?

Originally Posted by martyB View Post
Hi,

currently in Oz with my wife on my 457, we are going for pr very soon but want to try for a baby can she get x ray done now? I know it will only last 12 months.

Can we just ring up one of the x ray places which is apporved by panel doctors and book her in? what would happen to the x rays? do we keep them unopened or would they need to send them to diac even though we hadnt yet applied for the visa?

thanks in advance
Thanks for putting this across mate! I'm still offshore and planing to apply for PR & got the same problem!!! Value feed backs from others!
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Default Re: can wife get chest x ray done before requested?

good luck with your visa mate
Old Aug 11th 2010, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

The wife phoned, booked and had her medicals before we posted them the visa paperwork.

She gave the medical centre her details (I assume passport number, and the fact she was applying for a visa) and they post it to the right people.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

Which medical tests usually DIAC asks for?
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:06 pm
Fronting the Parole Board

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qadeer591 View Post
Which medical tests usually DIAC asks for?
Details of standard medical check and Xray are here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

I know they post them to the right people but if I havent yet applied for the visa and the immiagration department recieve my mrs x rays and we have no application in will they not be like 'who the hells x rays are these???' if you know what I mean??

Cheers
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:46 am
Just Joined

bump
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

bump it as well.....
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

request senior and experienced members to guide on this topic.
I have not yet applied for 175. I will do so in next 4-5 months.
I want to do the x-ray for my spouse now and keep it with me. Can I send this X-ray within next 12 months to DIAC in case I apply for 175 and is requested by the CO?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

dsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the rough

You can't send in the meds/ xray yourself. It can only be done by the doctor direct to Global Health in Sydney. The meds/xray will be tied up with the passport number if there is no TRN. It is only valid for a year though.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dsugums View Post
You can't send in the meds/ xray yourself. It can only be done by the doctor direct to Global Health in Sydney. The meds/xray will be tied up with the passport number if there is no TRN. It is only valid for a year though.
you mean to say that the Dr., from anywhere in the world, will directly send the reports to DIAC?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

dsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by qadeer591 View Post
you mean to say that the Dr., from anywhere in the world, will directly send the reports to DIAC?
Yes, but make sure the doctor is DIAC panel.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Heathcote is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you can do the medicals/xray before lodging a visa application if you so chose.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Heathcote View Post
Yes you can do the medicals/xray before lodging a visa application if you so chose.
but is it of any use to send the medicals to DIAC even before the application is lodged? will they accept it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.