Can we convert 175 to 176

Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

adeelak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can we convert 175 to 176

Hi Guys,

A lame question but can we convert 175 to 176 . I am in process to apply for state sponsorship and it will take a month more to get a reply so i just want to lodge my 175 ( I have pts for 175 about 125 pts ).Should I go ahead and then when 176 if comes then attach that ? I could see an option for "already applied to DIAC" in 176 form.

Thanks

Khan
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can we convert 175 to 176

Originally Posted by adeelak
Hi Guys,

A lame question but can we convert 175 to 176 . I am in process to apply for state sponsorship and it will take a month more to get a reply so i just want to lodge my 175 ( I have pts for 175 about 125 pts ).Should I go ahead and then when 176 if comes then attach that ? I could see an option for "already applied to DIAC" in 176 form.

Thanks

Khan
If you have the points for a 175 then why would you bother with state sponsorship? The 176 visa ties you to a particular state for 2 years, where with 175 you are free to live and work in whatever state you want. It really makes absolutely NO sense to apply for a visa with conditions when you are eligible for one without.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with Dorothy..

Why on earth would you want to??
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

We did because it was supposed to be a faster processing time!! Should have gone for the 175!!

Mel
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by melbert
We did because it was supposed to be a faster processing time!! Should have gone for the 175!!

Mel
DOH!!

Hindsight is a truly wonderful thing......sometimes...
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Yeah, isn't it!! Not that it makes any difference, we were going to that state anyway and now that OH has a job, we have to stay there for two years 'cos of that!!

Mel

BRING IT ALL ON!!!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Cool Re: Can we convert 175 to 176

if you have 120 points then don't bother of 176 sub class, just go ahead and apply for the 175 sub class which give you more freedom & authority.

if you dont have the 120 points then better to get a state nomination and apply under the sub class 176..

my advice is go for either 175 or 176 depending on the circumstances, dont apply and try to change the subclass latter which eventually end up in complications and some times VISA refusal.

cheers,
peaceboy.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

adeelak is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys

There were 2 basic reasons

1) Research shows that 176 from High Risk countries results in faster processing.

2) In future if there be any visa cut 175 will be the first victim. Just a calculated guess.

anyinsight into that

khan
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Thanks Guys

1) Research shows that 176 from High Risk countries results in faster processing.

2) In future if there be any visa cut 175 will be the first victim. Just a calculated guess.

anyinsight into that

khan
Well Khan your source of research??
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys

Incorrect. 176 takes longer actually because you have to wait for state sponsorship. The internal checks, etc. take the same amount of time for any PR visa from high risk countries.
What is your source of information on that? In my opinion only, if anything, 457 would probably go first so companies will need to hire people already here.anyinsight into that

khan
Do what makes you happy, but really a 175 visa is more desirable than the 176.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do what makes you happy, but really a 175 visa is more desirable than the 176.
Oh yeah Dorothy 175 is the best option, most flexible among all others.