Can we apply

Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

samper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can we apply

hi,

We have received EOI invitation. We have apply for passports for my partner and kids we will get these with in 15 days, is it possible for to apply our case without passports on behalf of birth certificate of primary applicant ?

Regards
Samper
Old Oct 14th 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can we apply

You have 60 days to apply once you get your EOI. Plenty of time if your passports come back in 15 days.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 3:34 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samper
hi,

We have received EOI invitation. We have apply for passports for my partner and kids we will get these with in 15 days, is it possible for to apply our case without passports on behalf of birth certificate of primary applicant ?

Regards
Samper
How do you propose to apply for a visa without a valid passport? As Jilliebee has already said, you have sixty days to apply once you've been invited. Fifteen days isn't long to wait.

In short though, no. You need a valid passport to apply for a visa.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

sorry in advance there is multiple queries

Last day I got call from my consultant they said we can file without passport on behalf of birth certificate of primary applicant and when we will get passports we will update it.

One thing I want to know regarding policy change according to my knowledge policy change done by Australian Government in every year June - July and there is no change expected within next 2-3 months.

I have checked document checklist it involve medical and police clearance etc., how can we get medical clearance while embassy don't send any intimation to recommended consultants these documents will be demanded by the DIAC as they process our application.

Regards
Samper
Old Oct 14th 2012, 4:04 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Last day I got call from my consultant they said we can file without passport on behalf of birth certificate of primary applicant and when we will get passports we will update it.

One thing I want to know regarding policy change according to my knowledge policy change done by Australian Government in every year June - July and there is no change expected within next 2-3 months.

I have checked document checklist it involve medical and police clearance etc., how can we get medical clearance while embassy don't send any intimation to recommended consultants these documents will be demanded by the DIAC as they process our application.

Regards
Samper
If you don't trust your agent, why are you using them?

When we applied for our visas (albeit a while ago now), we had to input our passport numbers. We couldn't rely on our birth certificates. If/when you get your visas, they won't be attached to your birth certificates, they will be attached to your passports. If I were you, I'd be asking your agent to show you exactly where he/she has seen that you can apply without a passport, because I think that he's giving you some odd advice there. If you apply without having all of the evidence before the date of application, you risk having your visa application refused. I don't think you would technically be able to submit it without the passport numbers anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Out of interest, is your agent MARA registered?

Regarding policy changes - they can happen at any time. There have been changes in February before. It doesn't have to be July, although the beginning of the Australian financial year is a good time for changes. No-one here will be able to tell you if there is going to be a policy change soon or not. Unless DIAC announces it, we have no idea.

Your medicals & PCCs should be done when requested by the CO. They have a limited period of validity (a maximum of twelve months). Go on to the DIAC website and search for "panel doctors". Then choose the country that you will be getting the medical in & it will show you a list of doctors that are authorised to conduct medicals for DIAC.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Commetns in red

Hi,

Last day I got call from my consultant they said we can file without passport on behalf of birth certificate of primary applicant and when we will get passports we will update it. You could start with an out of date passport I suppose, but you would need a passport. Frankly it is beyond me why you have started the process without having a passport, didn't you need it for skills assessment anyway?

One thing I want to know regarding policy change according to my knowledge policy change done by Australian Government in every year June - July and there is no change expected within next 2-3 months. Who knows? It is not beyond the realms of possibility that DIAC decide to change something

I have checked document checklist it involve medical and police clearance etc., how can we get medical clearance while embassy don't send any intimation to recommended consultants these documents will be demanded by the DIAC as they process our application. Not really sure I udnerstand you, but you don't need to worry about medicals and PCC just yet, you have not even lodged your visa, you will be asked to do them in due course.Regards
Samper
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

An applkication can usually be lodged without a current passport. It cannot be granted without one.

DIAC changes policy whenever it wishes to do so, sometimes with notice, sometimes without

Regards
Samper
When DIAC requires your medicals to be done they will send you a request. Some countries allow medicals without this DIAC paperwork. If your is not one of those just wait for the request, then you will have the necessary details to book your medical.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 15th 2012 at 7:18 am.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

hi

what do u mean by

An application can usually be lodged without a current passport. I cannot be granted without one.

Regards
Samper
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:20 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You can usually apply for a visa without a current passport.

However DIAC need to link your granted visa to a passport therefore if you apply without one you need to get one at some point before the visa is granted. Once you renew your passport you need to send the details to DIAC asap so they can update their records - that includes the certified copy of the passport that would normally be sent with the initial application.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

I dont know about 189/190 .. but when we applied for our 175 visa in june through online application, it was not possible to go ahead without providing valid and current passport information. My hubby's passport was expired at that time, and i remember we had to get it renewed like SUPER fast.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:51 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by joojay
I dont know about 189/190 .. but when we applied for our 175 visa in june through online application, it was not possible to go ahead without providing valid and current passport information. My hubby's passport was expired at that time, and i remember we had to get it renewed like SUPER fast.
It may well be that to apply online the passport has to be current then. Possibly only paper based applications are possible with an expired passport now. I know in the past agents have advised that it isn't an essential for an initial application as long as you have other valid ID documents, possibly including expired passports.

I have to say though personally I think it would make the whole process easier if a valid passport is obtained before applying.