Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

can u try another assurer if first has been knocked back

can u try another assurer if first has been knocked back

Old Jun 28th 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

a.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant future
Question can u try another assurer if first has been knocked back

can u try another assurer if first has been knocked back, reason im asking is we want to go to perth and assurer is in sydney and is very slow at making his interview date,and assurers in perth (joint assurers) are not sure if they will meet criteria ie $38000 so they are wondering if they have interview before assurer in sydney then they get told by centrelink that they are not able to act , will it be fine for another assurer to try on our behalf,,,, hope this makes sense to u all

thanx to all for replying
Old Jun 28th 2005, 12:30 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can u try another assurer if first has been knocked back

They need to show taxable income on tax return for previous 2 years and that current income still meets the criteria.

You know that much I'm sure. I also found out that Centrelink won't take into account fringe benefits etc. I asked them that directly.

I am sure you also know that they need to make the $38K between them, not each.

Out of interest, why are they unsure of what they have earned in previous two years?

Regards

Steve

Originally Posted by a.dunn50
can u try another assurer if first has been knocked back, reason im asking is we want to go to perth and assurer is in sydney and is very slow at making his interview date,and assurers in perth (joint assurers) are not sure if they will meet criteria ie $38000 so they are wondering if they have interview before assurer in sydney then they get told by centrelink that they are not able to act , will it be fine for another assurer to try on our behalf,,,, hope this makes sense to u all

Old Jun 28th 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

a.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant futurea.dunn50 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stevereed
They need to show taxable income on tax return for previous 2 years and that current income still meets the criteria.

You know that much I'm sure. I also found out that Centrelink won't take into account fringe benefits etc. I asked them that directly.

I am sure you also know that they need to make the $38K between them, not each.

Out of interest, why are they unsure of what they have earned in previous two years?

Regards

Steve
STEVE I THOUGHT ID WRITTEN IT OUT TOO FAST I MEANT TO SAY THAT I HAVE TWO LOTS OF ASSURERS AND OF THE 1ST ASSURER HES IN SYDNEY AND VERY SLOW AT GETTING ANYTHING DONE AT THE PRESENT .WE ALSO HAVE ANOTHER COUPLE WHO ARE RELATIVES AND THEY ARE WANTING TO ACT AS ASSURERS TOO.HOWEVER THEY ARE SAYING THAT IF THE 1ST ASSURER WE HAVE IN SYDNEY FAILS SAID CRITERIA,WOULD IT BE OK FOR US TO THEN USE RELS TO ACT AS ASSURERS OR CAN WE ONLY HAVE 1 GO AT USING AN ASSURER ? ,OR CAN U TRY OTHERS ? IF 1 FAILS?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 12:49 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

no probs, don't really know answer to that one, I'd be suprised if you wouldn't get a second chance, I'd probably go for the best, most reliable option.

Sorry I can't help further.

Steve

STEVE I THOUGHT ID WRITTEN IT OUT TOO FAST I MEANT TO SAY THAT I HAVE TWO LOTS OF ASSURERS AND OF THE 1ST ASSURER HES IN SYDNEY AND VERY SLOW AT GETTING ANYTHING DONE AT THE PRESENT .WE ALSO HAVE ANOTHER COUPLE WHO ARE RELATIVES AND THEY ARE WANTING TO ACT AS ASSURERS TOO.HOWEVER THEY ARE SAYING THAT IF THE 1ST ASSURER WE HAVE IN SYDNEY FAILS SAID CRITERIA,WOULD IT BE OK FOR US TO THEN USE RELS TO ACT AS ASSURERS OR CAN WE ONLY HAVE 1 GO AT USING AN ASSURER ? ,OR CAN U TRY OTHERS ? IF 1 FAILS?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

sman has a spectacular aura aboutsman has a spectacular aura aboutsman has a spectacular aura about

We Got Our Visas In 2003 Class 139.our First Assuerer Did Not
Quite Meet The Income Level.
The Next One Could Not Find Their Tax Assessment Docs.
Then, Third Time Lucky My Sister And Partner Came To The Rescue.
Each Time Dimia Advised That Assuerer Did Not Meet Requirements
And Gave Us 58 Days[i Think] To Find Another.
So The Answer Must Be Yes.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sman

Sman,

We also live in Milton Keynes - perhaps PM me and we could maybe meet up locally and chat about all things Oz
Old Jun 28th 2005, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sman
cheers for that will try with our best assurer we are also on 139bq subclass on the last peg now , but has caused a lot of stress, fingers crossed we will get to PERTH thanxs for all replies.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:50 pm
Banned

PINOYAU is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody who is usually resident in Australia and can produce Original ATO Notices of Assessment for the past two years and evidence of current income, and 100 points of Original ID can act as an assurer. [The requirement that the assurer be 'usually resident in Australia' is not legislated, but you cannot beat City Hall, as our American friends say, don’t even think about it]

You can have up to 3 joint-assurers per applicant. Their incomes are added together in the obvious way to meet the threshold income criterion. An interesting complication is that each assurer MUST produce the Original letter from DIMIA requesting an AoS. We have had cases where assurers were not interviewed at all and others where the assurer was interviewed twice, Centrelink having lost the file. If you have found DIMIA somewhat difficult to deal with, I can assure you that Centrelink are in a class of their own; patience, persistence, perseverance, and the will to carry on.

Best wishes

Westly Russell
Migration Agent
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: can u try another assurer if first has been knocked back

Originally Posted by PINOYAU
Anybody who is usually resident in Australia and can produce Original ATO Notices of Assessment for the past two years and evidence of current income, and 100 points of Original ID can act as an assurer. [The requirement that the assurer be 'usually resident in Australia' is not legislated, but you cannot beat City Hall, as our American friends say, don’t even think about it]

You can have up to 3 joint-assurers per applicant. Their incomes are added together in the obvious way to meet the threshold income criterion. An interesting complication is that each assurer MUST produce the Original letter from DIMIA requesting an AoS. We have had cases where assurers were not interviewed at all and others where the assurer was interviewed twice, Centrelink having lost the file. If you have found DIMIA somewhat difficult to deal with, I can assure you that Centrelink are in a class of their own; patience, persistence, perseverance, and the will to carry on.

Best wishes

Westly Russell
Migration Agent
thanx for reply still awaiting if assurer has bothered to get an appotment as yet in sydney id say fingers crossed but i carnt on my left hand, as on saturday i broke my wrist lol
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:21 pm
Banned

PINOYAU is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx for reply still awaiting if assurer has bothered to get an appotment as yet in sydney id say fingers crossed but i carnt on my left hand, as on saturday i broke my wrist lol
Last week I made a Centrelink appointment for a client in Sydney and the first available date was July 10.

I see you still have your sense of humour, you are going to need it.

Westly Russell