Can someone help plz?

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Delbertt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can someone help plz?

Hey guys,

I've currently returned from oz in sept from a gap year using the holiday working visa. Im currently doing my final year at university doing quantity surveying and would like to know can i apply for a skilled migration visa before i finish my course?

The reason i would like to apply now is cause i'd like to go back to oz in june/july and would prefer to apply now rather than finish the course then hav a 6 -7 month wait. i know i could get sponsered as surveying is one of the main highly skilled areas in oz, i have worked 14 months as a trainee surveyor if that helps.

I have emailed visa agencies regarding this matter but they say i need to pay a fee before they can consult such a matter anybody have info into this? i know its probably unlikely and that i'd mayb av 2 wait until i graduate before applyin any help on this matter wud be appreciated

Thanks

Delbertt
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:02 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone help plz?

I am no expert but since you have had no other replies:

All agents quite reasonably will want you to pay for their professional advice.

I think your chances now and in the long term willbe much improved if you finish your degree first. I suspect you may need a degree anyway to demonstrate that you are a qualified surveyor.

I will allow others to provide more specific advice
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Can someone help plz?

Originally Posted by Delbertt
Hey guys,

I've currently returned from oz in sept from a gap year using the holiday working visa. Im currently doing my final year at university doing quantity surveying and would like to know can i apply for a skilled migration visa before i finish my course?

The reason i would like to apply now is cause i'd like to go back to oz in june/july and would prefer to apply now rather than finish the course then hav a 6 -7 month wait. i know i could get sponsered as surveying is one of the main highly skilled areas in oz, i have worked 14 months as a trainee surveyor if that helps.

I have emailed visa agencies regarding this matter but they say i need to pay a fee before they can consult such a matter anybody have info into this? i know its probably unlikely and that i'd mayb av 2 wait until i graduate before applyin any help on this matter wud be appreciated

Thanks

Delbertt
Hello Delbertt,

Welcome to the forum.

I'd like to help you but unable to because of forum restrictions. you need to post 3 or 4 more comments so that I could send you a private message. Right now, you're just at one, let them be 4 or 5 and then you'll have the access to your private messages and over there I could help you. Once done, just gimme a buzz! and I'll come right away!

Cheers!

DANCE
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:22 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Delbertt
Hey guys,

Thanks

Delbertt
Welcome to BE. Professional advice on a life-altering step you are about to take is worth paying for especially when the situation is not very straight forward.

NJ
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Skilled independent visas will require you to have recent work experience in your field (i.e. after you graduate) so that will be out. I'm not sure about sponsorship but there are loads of threads about finding a sponsor on here.

Otherwise www.immi.gov.au is a good starting point to check out the visa options.