Can sister come under parent visa?

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can sister come under parent visa?

Hey guys,

Another question on the Parent Visa.

My sister is 24 and technically not dependant on my mum and dad. Is she able to be included in their visa application or does she fall into a separate visa category?

My sister still lives with my parents and so if visa granted, they would all like to come over at same time.

Im abit confused about it as i know i cant sponsor 2 separate visas at one time and hoping she can be included in the parent one,

Thanks again for any help
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can sister come under parent visa?

Originally Posted by suzysu View Post
Hey guys,

My sister is 24 and technically not dependant on my mum and dad. Is she able to be included in their visa application or does she fall into a separate visa category?

My sister still lives with my parents and so if visa granted, they would all like to come over at same time.

Im abit confused about it as i know i cant sponsor 2 separate visas at one time and hoping she can be included in the parent one,

Thanks again for any help
I'm not an expert by a long shot but I would have said no cause she's a sister and not a parent.

Maybe one of the nice agents on here will advise??????????????

Could she not go for state sponsorship sir or even last remaining relative (once your parents arrive) and get out on that.

Trish
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:23 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

She can't be included on her parent's visa unless maybe by some chance she has been a full time student since age 18. And even if she was, there would be a lot of awkward problems.

Does your sister have any other close relatives (parents/siblings, including "blended" family) outside Australia? Also, what's her occupation/skill base?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

No, just one sister (me in Australia) and then my mum and dad who are planning on applying for Parent Visa. They wouldnt want to leave her.

She works in Insurance Claims. Possible a WHV and then look for sponsorship? I dunno the best course of action. What would you suggest?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

i think that after your parents come over, she would be eligible for the remaining relative visa. not sure though.

the WHV route sounds good.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 5:14 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

No, just one sister (me in Australia) and then my mum and dad who are planning on applying for Parent Visa. They wouldnt want to leave her.

She works in Insurance Claims. Possible a WHV and then look for sponsorship? I dunno the best course of action. What would you suggest?
Her chances of getting sponsored for a semi-skilled or clerical occupation are limited to non-existent.

WHV is a strategy to get her to Australia for a year. A student visa might keep her in Australia longer (but expensive) and if you choose well she could obtain a useful qualification.

Provided she is single with no other close family left behind (blended or otherwise), then remaining relative could work as soon as your parents have settled in Australia as permanent residents. But who is going to do the 2 year Assurance of Support for her? If you do a 10 year AOS for your parents then you can't assure anyone else in that period. Can anyone else do the AOS?

Strongly recommended to get some good professional advice on the mix of student visa, WHV and remaining relative options.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Nick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

It sounds to me that the best, and maybe only route is if she must wait and then go for the last remaining relative - as long as she does not get married in the meantime!

She can get a WHV, and can get the 2nd year if she does the 3 month "rural" work in the first 12 months.

By that time, 2 years would be up and she could be sponsored by one of you. In fact any Aussie PR or citizen can do an AoS, so in the 2 years you need to find a willing assurer

Cheers
Nick
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:31 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Nick-ASA View Post
Hi there

It sounds to me that the best, and maybe only route is if she must wait and then go for the last remaining relative - as long as she does not get married in the meantime!

She can get a WHV, and can get the 2nd year if she does the 3 month "rural" work in the first 12 months.

By that time, 2 years would be up and she could be sponsored by one of you. In fact any Aussie PR or citizen can do an AoS, so in the 2 years you need to find a willing assurer
In this case the sponsor presumably has already lived in Australia for 2 years (to sponsor parents) so provided someone else is available to do the AOS, I don't see any need to wait a further 2 years.

A remaining relative sponsorship could likely be done as soon as parents are settled in Australia as permanent residents.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Is an AOS defintely required for the parent visa?

If thats the case, are my parents then able to provide AOS to my sister under the remaining relative visa?
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:53 am
JAJ
Retired

Is an AOS defintely required for the parent visa?

If thats the case, are my parents then able to provide AOS to my sister under the remaining relative visa?
1. Mandatory AOS on both (permanent) parent and remaining relative visas.

2. There is a limit of two adults per assurer. So if you do a Contributory Parent AOS for 10 years on two parents, you cannot be assurer for anyone else for 10 years. Once they migrate to Australia, your parents can provide AOS but they need to meet the income requirements (2 years tax returns etc).

So you need to get some professional advice on this. Once wrong step can cause a delay of years (or worse) in getting your sister to Australia as well.