British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   CAN MY BROTHER SPONSOR MY WIFE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/can-my-brother-sponsor-my-wife-772127/)

samper Sep 19th 2012 8:51 pm

CAN MY BROTHER SPONSOR MY WIFE

HI ALL

MY WIFE IS PRIMARY APPLICANT AND MY BROTHER HAVE PR IN AUSTRALIA, WE ARE GOING TO FILE EOI AND SHE HAVE 70 POINTS AT THE MOMENT, I WANT TO KNOW EITHER MY BROTHER CAN SPONSOR MY WIFE AND WE WILL GET HIS SPONSORSHIP 10 POINTS, WAITING FOR REPLY

REGARDS
SAMPER

H2fusion Sep 19th 2012 9:43 pm

Re: CAN MY BROTHER SPONSOR MY WIFE

First of all, why does your wife need sponsorship in which she already accumulated 70 points which is already enough? You are just wasting time if you ask for sponsorship.
I don't think your brother can sponsor her to my understanding. They are just in laws. Maybe some can share some info.

mrsgreenstar76 Sep 19th 2012 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by samper (Post 10289538)
HI ALL

MY WIFE IS PRIMARY APPLICANT AND MY BROTHER HAVE PR IN AUSTRALIA, WE ARE GOING TO FILE EOI AND SHE HAVE 70 POINTS AT THE MOMENT, I WANT TO KNOW EITHER MY BROTHER CAN SPONSOR MY WIFE AND WE WILL GET HIS SPONSORSHIP 10 POINTS, WAITING FOR REPLY

REGARDS
SAMPER

Ease up on the caps please. All caps like that means you are shouting.

I agree with H2fusion. Why would you want to be sponsored by a relative when you already have seventy points? :confused: You would be limiting yourself to only a provisional visa with FS.

samper Sep 20th 2012 6:23 am

Thanks for Reply

We will file 189 visa and it is our priority, but if there is any possibility to increase our score up to 80 and get 489 in parallel of 189 visa this thing increase chances of invitation.

On the other hand I want to know options available on EOI form can we apply 189,190 and 489 at the same time to just increase chances of invitation.

Regards
Samper

mrsgreenstar76 Sep 20th 2012 6:26 am

Originally Posted by samper (Post 10290241)
Thanks for Reply

We will file 189 visa and it is our priority, but if there is any possibility to increase our score up to 80 and get 489 in parallel of 189 visa this thing increase chances of invitation.

On the other hand I want to know options available on EOI form can we apply 189,190 and 489 at the same time to just increase chances of invitation.

Regards
Samper

You can select as many visa types as you like on the EoI. Obviously you can't use sponsorship for the 189 though. I'm pretty sure that your brother can't sponsor your wife.

joojay Sep 21st 2012 12:18 pm

From immi.gov.au, in details of visa 489

You or your partner must be related to your sponsor as:

a child – including a stepchild, or
a parent – including a step-parent, or
a brother or sister – including adoptive or step-sibling, or
a niece or nephew – including adoptive or step-niece or nephew, or
an aunt or uncle – including adoptive or step-aunt or uncle, or
a grandparent or first cousin.

So yes, your brother can sponsor your wife. I think it is a very good option to get 10 more points, and increasing your chances for an invitation.
Best of luck

H2fusion Sep 21st 2012 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by joojay (Post 10292446)

So yes, your brother can sponsor your wife. I think it is a very good option to get 10 more points, and increasing your chances for an invitation.
Best of luck

Still the options does not include in laws. From the options stated, the sponsor must be related to as,
a grandparent or first cousin

" Brother or sister in law" is not in the options. Therefore, cannot sponsor.

mrsgreenstar76 Sep 21st 2012 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by joojay (Post 10292446)

Best of luck

Good to know, thanks. :):thumbup:

Originally Posted by H2fusion (Post 10292470)
Still the options does not include in laws. From the options stated, the sponsor must be related to as,
a grandparent or first cousin

" Brother or sister in law" is not in the options. Therefore, cannot sponsor.

Erm, yes it does. It says 'you or your partner' must be related to...' - that would cover in-laws.

samper Sep 21st 2012 10:00 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Dear All, following is the brief reply and i also attaching documented prove(read page number 12 carefully) after this your reply is awaited.

Sponsorship by a relative
If you have a relative living in a ‘Designated Area’ who is willing to sponsor you, he or she will need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or ‘eligible New Zealand citizen’ (see page 5). You or your partner must be related to your sponsor as:

a non-dependent child or non-dependent step-child;

a parent or step-parent;

a brother or sister, step-brother or step-sister;

a niece or nephew, step-niece or step-nephew;

an aunt or uncle, step-aunt or step-uncle;

a first cousin; or

a grandchild or step-grandchild.
If you are relying on sponsorship by a person related to your partner, your partner must also be included in your application.
To ensure the processing of your application is not delayed, please include a diagram of your family tree with your application. You will also need to include all relevant documents as evidence of your relationship to your sponsor and their residential address.
If you are seeking an invitation for this visa on the basis of family sponsorship, when you submit your EOI you will need to provide details of your sponsor. Your sponsor must be an eligible relative living in a designated area.
You can change the details of your sponsor in the EOI SkillSelect register at any time, however if you provide details of a new sponsor, they will still need to meet the eligible relative and designated area requirements.

samper Sep 21st 2012 10:15 pm

Hi,
Here one thing is clear that my brother can sponsor my wife and we will get 10 more points, if we will go on my brother sponsorship then what will be the status of my family, are we migrate to Australia as permanent resident or something else or we will apply for PR after specific time ?

Can we apply all visa types at the same time when we will file our EOI like I want to apply 189, 190 and 489 at the same time and select northern territory in 190 visa? And suppose we will get reply from 190 visa in any other state and we want to go in northern territory only what will be the status of other visas options will other options still there like 189 and 489 visa or will they vanished and disabled for us.
Our first priority is 189 visa and 2nd is 489 visa, you peoples are expert your suggestions are required, waiting for your reply.
Regards
Samper

old.sparkles Sep 21st 2012 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by samper (Post 10293301)
Hi,
Here one thing is clear that my brother can sponsor my wife and we will get 10 more points, if we will go on my brother sponsorship then what will be the status of my family, are we migrate to Australia as permanent resident or something else or we will apply for PR after specific time ?

Can we apply all visa types at the same time when we will file our EOI like I want to apply 189, 190 and 489 at the same time and select northern territory in 190 visa? And suppose we will get reply from 190 visa in any other state and we want to go in northern territory only what will be the status of other visas options will other options still there like 189 and 489 visa or will they vanished and disabled for us.
Our first priority is 189 visa and 2nd is 489 visa, you peoples are expert your suggestions are required, waiting for your reply.
Regards
Samper

Us people are the same as you - we read the same forum, websites, etc. If you don't really want a 190 visa, don't include it on your EOI.

mrsgreenstar76 Sep 22nd 2012 12:36 am

Originally Posted by samper (Post 10293279)
Dear All, following is the brief reply and i also attaching documented prove(read page number 12 carefully) after this your reply is awaited.

Sponsorship by a relative
If you have a relative living in a ‘Designated Area’ who is willing to sponsor you, he or she will need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or ‘eligible New Zealand citizen’ (see page 5). You or your partner must be related to your sponsor as:

a non-dependent child or non-dependent step-child;

a parent or step-parent;

a brother or sister, step-brother or step-sister;

a niece or nephew, step-niece or step-nephew;

an aunt or uncle, step-aunt or step-uncle;

a first cousin; or

a grandchild or step-grandchild.
If you are relying on sponsorship by a person related to your partner, your partner must also be included in your application.
To ensure the processing of your application is not delayed, please include a diagram of your family tree with your application. You will also need to include all relevant documents as evidence of your relationship to your sponsor and their residential address.
If you are seeking an invitation for this visa on the basis of family sponsorship, when you submit your EOI you will need to provide details of your sponsor. Your sponsor must be an eligible relative living in a designated area.
You can change the details of your sponsor in the EOI SkillSelect register at any time, however if you provide details of a new sponsor, they will still need to meet the eligible relative and designated area requirements.

I don't see the point of this post. :confused: You've already been told that your relative can sponsor your wife (assuming he lives in a designated area, etc).

Originally Posted by samper (Post 10293301)
Hi,

Regards
Samper

As old.sparkles has mentioned, we are the same as you - just people who have applied for visas. We're not experts. If you want an expert, hire a MARA registered agent.

As I have already told you, you cannot apply for a 190 with family sponsorship - that visa requires state/territory sponsorship. You cannot apply for a 189 with family sponsorship. The only visa that you can apply for using family sponsorship to boost your points is the 489. That is a provisional visa, which means that it is temporary for up to four years. If you have abided by the conditions of that visa, after two years of living & one year of working in a designated area, then you can apply for the 887 - which is a permanent residence visa. If you want permanent residence immediately, then you would be best off going for the 189 - but you can't use family sponsorship for that.

So, to summarise:
  • The 189 - You cannot use family sponsorship to gain points.
  • The 190 - You cannot use family sponsorship to gain points.
  • The 489 - You can use family sponsorship to gain points.

samper Sep 22nd 2012 6:48 pm

THANKS ALL OF U, I WILL FILE MY EOI ON MONDAY AND WILL GO 189 VISA FIRST, AS MY BROTHER IS IN NORTHERN TERRITORY AND NT REQUIRED FINANCIAL BALANCE SHEET WHILE THEY SPONSOR ANY APPLICANT, AND ACCORDING TO NT WEBSITE IT SHOULD BE 36000 AUS DOLLARS WITH TWO KIDS, AND IT IS TOO MUCH. ONCE AGAIN THANKS ALL OF YOU AND KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS

REGARDS
SAMPER

mrsgreenstar76 Sep 23rd 2012 12:49 am

Originally Posted by samper (Post 10294582)
THANKS ALL OF U, I WILL FILE MY EOI ON MONDAY AND WILL GO 189 VISA FIRST, AS MY BROTHER IS IN NORTHERN TERRITORY AND NT REQUIRED FINANCIAL BALANCE SHEET WHILE THEY SPONSOR ANY APPLICANT, AND ACCORDING TO NT WEBSITE IT SHOULD BE 36000 AUS DOLLARS WITH TWO KIDS, AND IT IS TOO MUCH. ONCE AGAIN THANKS ALL OF YOU AND KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS

REGARDS
SAMPER

1) See post three - stop with the all capital letters. On the internet, all capitals means shouting.

2) You appear to be mixing up state sponsorship & family sponsorship. If you were intending on having your brother sponsor your application, then the NT state sponsorship website will have absolutely nothing to do with it.

samper Sep 23rd 2012 12:07 pm

sorry mrsgreenstar76 for capital letters, and it means if my brother will sponsor us then there is no need to show any bank statement and if state will sponsor then we have to show our assets and bank statement am i right ?.

one more thing i have in my mind, if we will not select any state in EOI then application will appear in all states and if any state expect NT will sponsor us and then can we still have opportunity to claim 189 or 489 visa and decline that state sponsorship.

in the simple words we just want to go in NT either through 189 visa and through 489 visa, and i want to know what will be the result if any other state sponsor us and what will be precautionary measures to achieve 189 or 489 where 189 have priority in our minds.

Regards
Samper