Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can I choose where to have my Citizenship ceremony

Can I choose where to have my Citizenship ceremony

Old May 14th 2014, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I choose where to have my Citizenship ceremony

You will be assigned according to where your local council is.

Ours was fine, there was some usual buffet things to eat, but we didn't bother as had a meal booked. The ceremony itself it pretty average. A couple of speeches, read the bit off your card, get handed a certificate, go and register onto the electoral role. That's it.
Old May 14th 2014, 12:56 am
Just Joined

citylan is an unknown quantity at this point

lol the poster who said get your own biscuits,tea to the ceremony
Old May 14th 2014, 12:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by citylan
lol the poster who said get your own biscuits,tea to the ceremony
Much easier to use the quote button to reply to a specific post - you'll find it on the bottom right of the post
Old May 14th 2014, 1:42 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Refreshments? Well maybe Syndey is more.welcoming than Brisbane, but the refreshments there were 'yeah, pub down on the.corner will serve ya!' and there were so many thousand people at the ceremony that it was like a conveyor belt. I was glad I didn't try and make an 'occasion' of it, certainly wasn't memorable. Hope you have more luck!
Ours had a full buffet with cans of soft drinks.

We bypassed the buffet and headed straight for the lift (we had a celebration meal waiting at home) - big mistake, as the lift broke down and we were stuck in there for a couple of hours.

We did ask them to chuck us a butty down the lift shaft but they weren't having any of it