Can I call DIAC, I have an agent

Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice
Default Can I call DIAC, I have an agent

Happy Easter!

I'd like to ask if I can give DIAC a call even if I have authorized my agent to contact them directly? I know i cant send PLE but how about calling them? Would they ask me of any verification?

your inputs will be highly appreciated.

thanks
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:32 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I call DIAC, I have an agent

Originally Posted by imaxx View Post
Happy Easter!

I'd like to ask if I can give DIAC a call even if I have authorized my agent to contact them directly? I know i cant send PLE but how about calling them? Would they ask me of any verification?

your inputs will be highly appreciated.

thanks
No, you cannot. You filled in a form 956 which authorises DIAC to communicate soley with your agent.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

We were unhappy with our agent and so in the end we just rang DIAC ourselves, (even though our agent was still meant to be acting on our behalf), and we spoke to DIAC directly. They were much more helpful than the agent too.

I am not too sure about the authorisation form thing though. Sounds a bit wierd to me that you can't enquire about your own claim...
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:48 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite View Post
We were unhappy with our agent and so in the end we just rang DIAC ourselves, (even though our agent was still meant to be acting on our behalf), and we spoke to DIAC directly. They were much more helpful than the agent too.

I am not too sure about the authorisation form thing though. Sounds a bit wierd to me that you can't enquire about your own claim...
Because when you engage an agent you sign a form 956, which is an authorisation for communication. You set out in the form who DIAC/assessing body is allowed to communicate with. If you have hired an agent then his/her name will go in there, not yours.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

emaus is an unknown quantity at this point

yes dorothy, u r right here.

but if your agent does not reply gently then can we ask agent to give password for internet access of email id which has been created for communication with DIAC.

Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Because when you engage an agent you sign a form 956, which is an authorisation for communication. You set out in the form who DIAC/assessing body is allowed to communicate with. If you have hired an agent then his/her name will go in there, not yours.