Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can I apply for Skilled Immigration by myself ?

Wikiposts

Can I apply for Skilled Immigration by myself ?

Old Jul 21st 2002, 7:20 pm
Bvvr

Default Can I apply for Skilled Immigration by myself ?

Hi All, I intend to apply for immigration to Australia. My Points are 120, which i
think meets the criteria and also I am a computer professional with over 5 yrs
experience in the Field of Database Systems. Is it possible to apply for migration in
skilled worker category by oneself or should one go thru the attorneys or lawyers. If
applying by myself is not a problem, how should i be going about it? please Help me
out in this regard. Thank you for you time and in advance for the information..

BVVR

Old Jul 21st 2002, 7:31 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I apply for Skilled Immigration by myself ?

> Is it possible to apply for migration in skilled worker category by
> oneself or should one go thru the attorneys or lawyers.

Yes, it certainly is possible to do it yourself.

> If applying by myself is not a problem, how should i be going
> about it?

1) Read the DIMIA website: http://www.dimia.gov.au/
2) Purchase and download Skilled Migration Booklet 6.
3) Read the booklets a few times, and look through this newsgroups for questions and answers already dealt with.

Hope this helps

Peter
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Bvvr,

The forms are quite straight forward as long as your case is, i.e no children staying with other parents or children coming out that are not your sole responsibility...

We have the 47sk forms on our group site also the doctors forms

Check it out @

http://groups.msn.com/Australiaherewecome

Julie
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 2:20 am
Newspost

You should be aware of the over supply of IT professionals here. Check out past
articles in www.smh.com.au

"Bvvr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All, I intend to apply for immigration to Australia. My Points are 120, which i
    > think meets the criteria and also I am a computer professional with over 5 yrs
    > experience in the Field of Database Systems. Is it possible to apply for migration
    > in skilled worker category by oneself or should one go thru the attorneys or
    > lawyers. If applying by myself is not a problem, how should i be going about it?
    > please Help me out in this regard. Thank you for you time and in advance for the
    > information..
    >
    > BVVR

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 6:20 pm
Puneet N

[email protected] (Bvvr) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi All, I intend to apply for immigration to Australia. My Points are 120, which i
    > think meets the criteria and also I am a computer professional with over 5 yrs
    > experience in the Field of Database Systems. Is it possible to apply for migration
    > in skilled worker category by oneself or should one go thru the attorneys or
    > lawyers. If applying by myself is not a problem, how should i be going about it?
    > please Help me out in this regard. Thank you for you time and in advance for the
    > information..
    >
    > BVVR

You may apply for immigration as the process takes lot of time. If you can wait and
take the risk of investing the application money in this..it is no problem then. One
can only be hopeful that the situation will change one day or the another.

Puneet