Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can I apply for a 3 month tourist visa while waiting on my 175?

Wikiposts

Can I apply for a 3 month tourist visa while waiting on my 175?

Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

springonion will become famous soon enoughspringonion will become famous soon enough
Default Can I apply for a 3 month tourist visa while waiting on my 175?

As part of my master plan to get out to Perth and set things up there (Brave I know while waiting for my 175 but you have to think positive), after applying for my 175 online, would it cause any problems if I applied for the 3 month tourist visa after that for a 6 week trip out to Perth?

Obviously I don't want to do anything to confuse my 175 application but I don't see that there should be any problem on the surface.

Has anyone done this or know if this will cause any issues please?

cheers

Nick
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:18 am
Just Joined

white1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I apply for a 3 month tourist visa while waiting on my 175?

Originally Posted by springonion
As part of my master plan to get out to Perth and set things up there (Brave I know while waiting for my 175 but you have to think positive), after applying for my 175 online, would it cause any problems if I applied for the 3 month tourist visa after that for a 6 week trip out to Perth?

Obviously I don't want to do anything to confuse my 175 application but I don't see that there should be any problem on the surface.

Has anyone done this or know if this will cause any issues please?

cheers

Nick
Yes, you can.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Nick

Yes you can do that but remember the 175 online applications seem to be going through the system at a rate of Knots so I would concentrate on getting meds and police checks submitted. In six to eight weeks you could have a visa.

Also remember that you must be out of Aus when the visa is granted otherwise it will be back to square one and you will need to re-apply. What would happen if a week after you arrive the visa is granted........you would have to come straight back and your trip would be a waste of time.

Don't know your individual circumstances but if it was me I would save the airfare for the validation or permanent trip.

I am not saying it was a bad idea cause I had thought of doing it myself initially.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by biggles7374
Hi Nick

Yes you can do that but remember the 175 online applications seem to be going through the system at a rate of Knots so I would concentrate on getting meds and police checks submitted. In six to eight weeks you could have a visa.

Also remember that you must be out of Aus when the visa is granted otherwise it will be back to square one and you will need to re-apply. What would happen if a week after you arrive the visa is granted........you would have to come straight back and your trip would be a waste of time.

Don't know your individual circumstances but if it was me I would save the airfare for the validation or permanent trip.

I am not saying it was a bad idea cause I had thought of doing it myself initially.
Andy

Have your meds been requested yet? What was the advise you got?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

yes meds requested.

Was advised that online system for medicals is not available due to system glitch and to download generic medical forms from website.

Book and process medicals via the snail mail to LCU in the normal manner.

Andy
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

yes meds requested.

Was advised that online system for medicals is not available due to system glitch and to download generic medical forms from website.

Book and process medicals via the snail mail to LCU in the normal manner.

Andy
Cheers for that.

Trish
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Scrum

You the same?

Andy
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrum

You the same?

Andy
Nearly Biggles, we applied using the 176 route family sponsored and all the paperwork is uploaded except for the sponsor marriage cert which we will have on Monday.

Pcc's are done and uploaded but agent wants us to wait to do meds until co is assigned and we get a file number as opposed to the TRN number.

Just got mountains of butterflies as he is of same opinion as you. Diac are motoring through post sept applications.

I'm excited, impatient, anxious, nervous, etc, etc, etc,. As the meds are the only thing we have left to do I really want them over and done with so I can sit back and wait for my visa.

Trish
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scrum
Nearly Biggles, we applied using the 176 route family sponsored and all the paperwork is uploaded except for the sponsor marriage cert which we will have on Monday.

Pcc's are done and uploaded but agent wants us to wait to do meds until co is assigned and we get a file number as opposed to the TRN number.

Just got mountains of butterflies as he is of same opinion as you. Diac are motoring through post sept applications.

I'm excited, impatient, anxious, nervous, etc, etc, etc,. As the meds are the only thing we have left to do I really want them over and done with so I can sit back and wait for my visa.

Trish
Biggles

If I miss your posts (I've been watching them) will you PM with an update should you hear anything. It would be really interesting to see how long you take to get the visa with snail mail meds.

We're hoping by the time we're asked that the online probs will be fixed. We could compare time-lines.

Trish
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Trish

Will do

regards

Andy