Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can experts please advise re:WORK EXPERIENCE

Wikiposts

Can experts please advise re:WORK EXPERIENCE

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 6:57 pm
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road
Default Can experts please advise re:WORK EXPERIENCE

We submitted our application already and I'm reading a thread on points re: work experience that made me have goose bumps as I saw that we might be on a danger zone. My hubby's deeming date with ACS is Aug 2002. We applied March 2004. Will we have a problem with DIMIA? I'm getting scared bec we might have missed out something here. We're only 115 points.
If ever we fall short of points - just in case - can we still provide a letter for capital investment at this time?Can we also apply via STNI Vic- saw that CISSP is on their demand list.

I'm at the point of freaking so please help calm me down...

Hannah
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:15 pm
mamacares

Default Re: Can experts please advise re:WORK EXPERIENCE

Originally posted by amendoza
We submitted our application already and I'm reading a thread on points re: work experience that made me have goose bumps as I saw that we might be on a danger zone. My hubby's deeming date with ACS is Aug 2002. We applied March 2004. Will we have a problem with DIMIA? I'm getting scared bec we might have missed out something here. We're only 115 points.
If ever we fall short of points - just in case - can we still provide a letter for capital investment at this time?Can we also apply via STNI Vic- saw that CISSP is on their demand list.

Hannah
Additionally, my hubby has 8 years work experience. I'm just quite confused by the issue of deeming date and how it would affect our application.... Thanks again...

Hannah

PS- (I really wanna cry now, just holding them back till reality sets in)
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:35 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Hannah
My understanding of the deeming date is that that is the date they consider you made the grade in the profession you are being assessed for. Anything after that date is considered the time in that profession at that grade,work experience...
What is your concern exactly...that you will not have enough work experience racked up to claim the extra ten points...?

I am no expert...this is just my understanding
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:38 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Additionally, my hubby has 8 years work experience. I'm just quite confused by the issue of deeming date and how it would affect our application.... Thanks again...

Hannah

PS- (I really wanna cry now, just holding them back till reality sets in)
Deeming date doesn't actually mean a great deal in ACS applications, not as it does for TRA apps. See the comments from Alan Collett here
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:42 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Hannah
How many years experience where they asking for in your particular case...for the extra points...

I had a deeming date of after a nine year period in a job...the day I left it...luckily I have been in an employ closely related to my assessed skill for the last 4 years...I think they were asking in my case for the last 18 months employment to be in the assessed skill (or one that is closely related to it) to claim the extra 10 points...Luckily for my it doesnt matter wether they let me have the extra points or not..I can still reach the target with out them
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:43 pm
Moomin member

Originally posted by wmoore
Deeming date doesn't actually mean a great deal in ACS applications, not as it does for TRA apps. See the comments from Alan Collett here
Right oh...ive now confussed the issue..I apologize..
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:08 pm
mamacares

Hannah
After posting, I did a pronto search re: ACS deeming date. Here's what I found:
- its called "satisfaction date" not deeming date
- per sep 03, there are now rules that DIMIA will consider work experience gained even b4 " satisfaction date"

In my hubby's case, - correct me pls if I got it all wrong somehere- it means that we can still claim 10 points for work experience. He has 8 years work experience and was given satisfaction date of Aug 2002 and we just submitted last March 2004.

Pardon me, really. I nearly broke down in tears when I first wrote this thread w/o researching first! I guess that's just to say I found this site so reliable and helpful to would-be-migrants! I just don't want to be in a real mess after all the dreaming and waiting! Gee....

I would still need your calming words.... now...now...I'm smiling!!!!

Cheers!

Hannah
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:53 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hannah,

It is so easy to jump to conclusions. We all seem to get carried away sometimes and always expect the worse.

There will be many more ups and downs with many peoples skills and visa applications but what i have found is that there are many on here who give us the encourgement to keep on and look at different ways of handling the visa process on this roller coaster ride form hell!

So keep your chin up and keep us all up to date on your situation.

Rob

After posting, I did a pronto search re: ACS deeming date. Here's what I found:
- its called "satisfaction date" not deeming date
- per sep 03, there are now rules that DIMIA will consider work experience gained even b4 " satisfaction date"

In my hubby's case, - correct me pls if I got it all wrong somehere- it means that we can still claim 10 points for work experience. He has 8 years work experience and was given satisfaction date of Aug 2002 and we just submitted last March 2004.

Pardon me, really. I nearly broke down in tears when I first wrote this thread w/o researching first! I guess that's just to say I found this site so reliable and helpful to would-be-migrants! I just don't want to be in a real mess after all the dreaming and waiting! Gee....

I would still need your calming words.... now...now...I'm smiling!!!!

Cheers!

Hannah