Wikiposts

can anyone recommend an agent pls

Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

keelie152 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can anyone recommend an agent pls

could anyone please recommend an agent that they have used and have been pleased with. we are right at the beginning of the process and need to speak to an agent about a visa application on my OH job, he is a wall & floor tiler with 20yrs exp but no paperwork and i understand from reading other threads that that application process has now changed?? How does this affect the time scale etc and does it mean lots more paperwork to do up front?
many thanks upfront keelie
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:16 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can anyone recommend an agent pls

Originally Posted by keelie152
could anyone please recommend an agent that they have used and have been pleased with. we are right at the beginning of the process and need to speak to an agent about a visa application on my OH job, he is a wall & floor tiler with 20yrs exp but no paperwork and i understand from reading other threads that that application process has now changed?? How does this affect the time scale etc and does it mean lots more paperwork to do up front?
Hi Keelie,

You need to read the very long thread about Pathway D and TRA at the top of the page. Most likely an agent can't help at the moment. If you have any options for finding an employer in Australia to sponsor you, that should be your main avenue of enquiry at this stage.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Good luck

Trish

Last edited by scrum; Oct 25th 2007 at 7:56 am.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi,

If you do need to speak to an agent, I can thoroughly recommend Australian Migrations. This is who are are using had I have nothing but good things to say about them. If you give them a call ask for Byron Pugh, she is a very nice lady and Immigration Lawyer, who really knows her onions.

Regards,
Darren
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:56 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Please feel able to send me your CV (alan - at - gomatilda - dot - com).

I may have a lead into an employer who could nominate you for a visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (no skills assessment classification required).

Best regards.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Please feel able to send me your CV (alan - at - gomatilda - dot - com).

I may have a lead into an employer who could nominate you for a visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (no skills assessment classification required).

Best regards.
thank you , we are in process of getting a cv together because as my oh has been self employed for 18 yrs he has never had the need for one! He has always done sub-contracting for different companies - never been on the books for anyone so a cv is quite difficult, where would the contact be because we were looking at melbourne
many thanks keelie
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:15 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The employer I am thinking of isn't in Melbourne, but we can put the feelers out in this part of the world for you.

Best regards.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

The employer I am thinking of isn't in Melbourne, but we can put the feelers out in this part of the world for you.

Best regards.
thank you, will get it together asap. cant believe how helpful everyone on here is! thanks everyone
keelie
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

thank you , we are in process of getting a cv together because as my oh has been self employed for 18 yrs he has never had the need for one! He has always done sub-contracting for different companies - never been on the books for anyone so a cv is quite difficult, where would the contact be because we were looking at melbourne
many thanks keelie
Hi my other halfs a tiler too also mainly self employed however did an apprenticeship. If it would help you to do the cv pm me your email address and I will email you a copy of his as I know what a nightmare it was to do! We applied in June going through okay but the rules have changed now.
Michelle
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Hi my other halfs a tiler too also mainly self employed however did an apprenticeship. If it would help you to do the cv pm me your email address and I will email you a copy of his as I know what a nightmare it was to do! We applied in June going through okay but the rules have changed now.
Michelle
pm sent thank you
keelie
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Best regards.
hi alan dont know whether its a stupid question but would oh having nvq2 make any difference? Because of new laws for building sites coming in in jan my oh has recentely had to do an nvq2 practical and interview which lasted 1 1/2hours which he obviously passed. just wondered whether this plus his experience would get us anywhere, we will be putting together cv later so will let you have a look
keelie
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:20 pm
Migration Agent

Yes, I think having an NVQ Level 2 does make a difference - so long as you can make a satisfactory claim as to an informal apprenticeship. I say this as TRA has advised us that NVQ Level 2 is considered equivalent to the 900 hours of study that is required under Skill Pathway B.

If you would like to discuss further feel able to contact my colleague Stephen Dickson (who handles our trade skills assessments) on Melbourne number +61 3 9935 2929, or stephen - at - gomatilda - dot - com

For reference we are +11 hours in Victoria once the clocks change tonight, so maybe telephone about 10pm UK time (9am here).

Best regards.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:43 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think having an NVQ Level 2 does make a difference - so long as you can make a satisfactory claim as to an informal apprenticeship. I say this as TRA has advised us that NVQ Level 2 is considered equivalent to the 900 hours of study that is required under Skill Pathway B.

If you would like to discuss further feel able to contact my colleague Stephen Dickson (who handles our trade skills assessments) on Melbourne number +61 3 9935 2929, or stephen - at - gomatilda - dot - com

For reference we are +11 hours in Victoria once the clocks change tonight, so maybe telephone about 10pm UK time (9am here).

Best regards.
Alan I would just note that Keelie's description is of an assessment based NVQ2, ie not one based on "guided learning hours" but just a trade test. As you know, Vetassess dismisses any assessment based qualification so I'd be cautious about whether TRA is going to accept this particular variation under Pathway B, particularly as they have explicit rules for Pathway E, which involves Australian qualifications based on assessment. Also, as I've mentioned to you in a PM, there may be some doubt about this as an acceptable strategy for ASPC purposes in light of what the PAMS say. Perhaps I should be calling Stephen if he has any inkling of what the ASPC are saying, but I suspect they haven't formulated their policy yet.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:50 pm
Migration Agent

Hi George.

Yes, I agree there are more uncertainties than would be desirable in developing migration strategies for trade skills people these days, and I can only report here our findings in general terms.

Where we are acting for a client we would of course be able to give more categoric advice based on our understanding of the position following relevant dialogue with the assessing body, the Department, etc at that time - as would you, I'm sure.

Hope that's not too bland a response!

Best wishes.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

juss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura about

We used these guys, there were great

http://www.australia-migration.com/

Regards Justine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.