British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Can anyone help me with this points form? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/can-anyone-help-me-points-form-561822/)

Dougie Sep 16th 2008 9:27 am

Can anyone help me with this points form?

I have just found this points form on the tinterweb http://www.australia-migration.com/p...Points_Test/60
And was a little confused with the catorgories

I am a Fully qualified Electrician 60 or 40points???

I am 28 30points

I talk proper english :p 25 points

Specfic work experience ?????

Australian work experience none

Australian quals none

occupation in demand ????

Regional study no

partner skills yes 5 points

nomination ???

last two no

Hope someone can shed a bit of light on the grey areas here or am i just being a right numpty??

I need to get passed the 120 mark really

TIA

Dougie

Annehe28 Sep 16th 2008 10:33 am

Re: Can anyone help me with this points form?

You get extra points if you have worked in this trade for the last 12 out 24 months i think. Also you can only claim the full 25 points for English if you pass the IELTS exam with full marks from what i can remember.
If you look on the DIAC website you'll be able to find out if the occupation is in demand, which i think it is.

Dorothy Sep 16th 2008 10:41 am

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE (Post 6788118)
I have just found this points form on the tinterweb http://www.australia-migration.com/p...Points_Test/60
And was a little confused with the catorgories

I am a Fully qualified Electrician 60 or 40points??? 60

I am 28 30points 30

I talk proper english :p 25 points 15 unless you sit IELTS

Specfic work experience ????? If you have worked as an electrician for the required time

Australian work experience none 0

Australian quals none 0

occupation in demand ????15

Regional study no 0

partner skills yes 5 points Your partner will have to have a positive skills assessment in order to claim the 5 points

nomination ??? If you are being nominated by a state or relative your required points goes down to 100 instead of 120

last two no

Hope someone can shed a bit of light on the grey areas here or am i just being a right numpty??

I need to get passed the 120 mark really

TIA

Dougie

You would pass the 120 quite easily without state sponsorship or your spouse skills so long as you have worked in the field long enough and can pass the Vetassess.

Have sent you a private message, too.

newjersey Sep 16th 2008 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 6788347)
You would pass the 120 quite easily without state sponsorship or your spouse skills so long as you have worked in the field long enough and can pass the Vetassess.

Have sent you a private message, too.

Specific work experience points are granted if you can show that you worked in your nominated occupation for 3 out of 4 recent years. In this particular case there is no need to prove that, or sit IELTS test either, occupation, age, MODL and eligible passport for English already sum up to 120 points as it were.

NJ

Dougie Sep 16th 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks everyone,
Just happy cleared up a few grey areas there but i will already have my proof of employment in that field together from my TRA application so it canny hurt to throw that in aswell which should give me a total of 135:D
So they shouldn't be able to knock me back :confused: Can they?

Has anyone had a knock back with a high points score for whatever reason??
Thanks

Dougie

De Mange Sep 16th 2008 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE (Post 6788604)
Thanks everyone,
Just happy cleared up a few grey areas there but i will already have my proof of employment in that field together from my TRA application so it canny hurt to throw that in aswell which should give me a total of 135:D

Thanks

Dougie

Only poor health and/or a substantial criminal record could custard pie you from that position I would say.

Dorothy Sep 16th 2008 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE (Post 6788604)
Thanks everyone,

Thanks

Dougie

If you are in UK you don't apply to TRA as an electrician. You apply to Vetassess.

louie Sep 16th 2008 12:53 pm

Personally, I think the DIMA (Australian immigration department) points calculator is the best place to start as it gives more detail of each of the requirements - see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-applicant.htm.

Also bear in mind you only need 120 points (for the "gold standard" visa) - you stand exactly the same chance of getting in if you have 120 or 135 points. So there's no point bothering with spouse points or IELTS (both of which would (a) have a cost and (b) be extra hassle) as long as you are sure you would get to 120 points without them.

Dougie Sep 16th 2008 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 6788630)
If you are in UK you don't apply to TRA as an electrician. You apply to Vetassess.

i know but the TRA still accept applications for electricians if i go down the 'special class' route which is what i am going for and hopefully succeed so i can get away with the longer more expensive route of the vettasses:sneaky:

Am i right? sure i am or at least i was last week when i last checked but knowing my luck its all changed an gone belly up since then.

Thanks

Dougie

Dougie Sep 16th 2008 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by De Mange (Post 6788617)
Only poor health and/or a substantial criminal record could custard pie you from that position I would say.

Doh i better lay off the pies and get down the Gym then! :ohmy:

Dougie