Wikiposts

Can anyone help me with Income Tax?

Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Wendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really nice
Default Can anyone help me with Income Tax?

Hi there just got 457 visas and arriving in Perth on 26/10/07 have a job to go to with projected earnings of around 540000. Just read on immi website that as a temp resident will not get any tax relief on first 30000 and have to pay higher fixed amount. Also does anyone now if I am entitled to any tax allowance for dependants or is that not eligible to us either being temporary residents. I am getting really anxious now as to whether this is financially viable and we have got the flights booked so feeling pretty low today.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:59 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone help me with Income Tax?

Where does the ATO website say that?

I think you are likely to be a tax resident of Australia, but able to make use of the temporary tax resident provisions.

Also, have you negotiated a Living Away From Home Allowance as part of your salary package. A LAFHA equals tax free money - do a search on this forum if you want to know more.

Best regards.