can anyone help ?

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:13 am
Just Joined

podge will become famous soon enough
Default can anyone help ?

please can anyone point me in the right dirrection.
im thinking of moving to austrilia with my partner and daughter and i have been looking at the visas online. Im totaly confused and dont know what type of visa we would need
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:54 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: can anyone help ?

The best place to start if you want to do everything yourself is with the Wizard on DIAC's website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:01 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Hi podge

DIAC (the Department of Immigration in Australia) has an online "Visa Wizard" that might be useful for you to use as a first step towards finding out what kind of visa/s you and your family are eligible to apply for.

Here's a link to it: http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

Just be aware though that although it's a really good resource, it doesn't take specifics into account, which could affect your eligibility.

So when it refers you to various visa options, be sure to read the eligibility criteria section very carefully for each one, and seek professional advice from a registered migration agent if you would like to discuss your options further, or confirm your understanding of your potential visa pathway/s.

Many ethical and reputable agents provide initial assessments of potential applicants' visa options, at no cost.

Best wishes
Susan

Best regards
Susan
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:31 am
Just Joined

podge will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Susan Wareham McGrath
Hi podge

DIAC (the Department of Immigration in Australia) has an online "Visa Wizard" that might be useful for you to use as a first step towards finding out what kind of visa/s you and your family are eligible to apply for.

Here's a link to it: http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

Just be aware though that although it's a really good resource, it doesn't take specifics into account, which could affect your eligibility.

So when it refers you to various visa options, be sure to read the eligibility criteria section very carefully for each one, and seek professional advice from a registered migration agent if you would like to discuss your options further, or confirm your understanding of your potential visa pathway/s.

Many ethical and reputable agents provide initial assessments of potential applicants' visa options, at no cost.

Best wishes
Susan

Best regards
Susan
thank you for your help i have been looking at the sol list and the job i have qulification for dosent come under it ..
i use to work a heath care assistant and got qulification in. am i looking in the wrong section ..
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podge
thank you for your help i have been looking at the sol list and the job i have qulification for dosent come under it ..
i use to work a heath care assistant and got qulification in. am i looking in the wrong section ..
What does your partner do?
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:34 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

If neither you nor your OH have skills that are on the SOL, then general skilled migration stream is not an option - you'd never pass the skills assessment, that is a pre-requisite to a visa application. If you find a suitable employer to sponsor you for a temporary worker visa, and then sponsor you for a permanent visa after two years (where you can claim exemption from skills assessment) then there is a chance, but with a lot of risk involved, because being a non-resident you basically have very little rights. Sponsorship for the permanent visa would not be guaranteed, and lots may change in immigration policy in two years time. That's a lot to take on, when there is a kid is involved. Perhaps requalifying would be a suitable, lower-risk, albeit a much longer option?