Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can Any agent/Person in the know offer advice for DIMA references?

Wikiposts

Can Any agent/Person in the know offer advice for DIMA references?

Old Nov 25th 2004, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about
Default Can Any agent/Person in the know offer advice for DIMA references?

Hi all

Is there any agent or someone in the know who can help with my query?

I have passed ACS (60 points) & now am trying to gain the 10 points specific work experience to allow me to apply for Skilled independant.

I now realise you need 3 out of the last 4 years in relevent skills role. (Thought it was 12 out of 18)

However totalling up my dates I have 2 years & 10 months. I have a gap of 14 months where I went travelling to Oz & in between jobs in UK. from 04/02 to 06/03.

Before that I have 16 months continous work & after travel now have 18 months.

However when I was based in Sydney I worked for a small IT Hardware company. I worked 3 months there & would be same as the ACS that I qualified for - Although it stated Inventory analyst & not business. I didnt get reference from them, & now they are out of business & no longer contactable. (I only had internal email/no.s - even website is turned off). I didnt think this would be worthwhile in the future but now it looks like it is.

How strick are DIMA to this requirement for the 10 points? Is it to the month or date even?

Is there anyway in Sydney that you can trace former owners of businesses or managers for staff reference purposes?

I have a contract at home but not sure what that outlines in terms of job title & previous payslips. If it says the job title that is relevant to the ACS skill would that be sufficient?

This experience was not added to ACS application (didnt need it to make the 4 years) though looks like it will be pivital to the DIMA application. Its never easy is it!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated Thanks Marty
Old Nov 25th 2004, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Any agent/Person in the know offer advice for DIMA references?

Originally Posted by Dmartyos
Hi all

Is there any agent or someone in the know who can help with my query?

I have passed ACS (60 points) & now am trying to gain the 10 points specific work experience to allow me to apply for Skilled independant.

I now realise you need 3 out of the last 4 years in relevent skills role. (Thought it was 12 out of 18)

However totalling up my dates I have 2 years & 10 months. I have a gap of 14 months where I went travelling to Oz & in between jobs in UK. from 04/02 to 06/03.

Before that I have 16 months continous work & after travel now have 18 months.

However when I was based in Sydney I worked for a small IT Hardware company. I worked 3 months there & would be same as the ACS that I qualified for - Although it stated Inventory analyst & not business. I didnt get reference from them, & now they are out of business & no longer contactable. (I only had internal email/no.s - even website is turned off). I didnt think this would be worthwhile in the future but now it looks like it is.

How strick are DIMA to this requirement for the 10 points? Is it to the month or date even?

Is there anyway in Sydney that you can trace former owners of businesses or managers for staff reference purposes?

I have a contract at home but not sure what that outlines in terms of job title & previous payslips. If it says the job title that is relevant to the ACS skill would that be sufficient?

This experience was not added to ACS application (didnt need it to make the 4 years) though looks like it will be pivital to the DIMA application. Its never easy is it!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated Thanks Marty
Hi Marty

Out of skilled experience for 12 months and one day or more, in the previous 4 year period, and the 10 points does not get awarded.

This 3 month period in Australia will only get you the 10 points if you can evdience you worked there and convince ASPC that your duties were at the professional level. In the absence of a specific reference from this company, ASPC may accept the contract, assuming it gives some ide of the level of your duties, plus pay slips and Group certificate if you have it.

Was this period mentioned on your cv and/or the ACS application form ? if not, this may lead ASPC to find that this experience was not at the required skill level. So you certainly have some issued that you need to tie down before you submit an application.

Regards

Tony
Old Nov 26th 2004, 4:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Any agent/Person in the know offer advice for DIMA references?

Originally Posted by welshtony

This 3 month period in Australia will only get you the 10 points if you can evdience you worked there and convince ASPC that your duties were at the professional level. In the absence of a specific reference from this company, ASPC may accept the contract, assuming it gives some ide of the level of your duties, plus pay slips and Group certificate if you have it.
If the work experience was obtained on a working holiday visa, then ASPC will probably want to look closely at it as they know what most WHV holders get 'non-skilled' jobs.

Jeremy