Wikiposts

Calling all September 2007 applicants.....

Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:13 am
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future
Default Re: Calling all September 2007 applicants.....

If it's labour day in Oz on Monday, and we're all prospective aussies, is it acceptable for us to take Monday off work in preparation for when we live there?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cascrew
If it's labour day in Oz on Monday, and we're all prospective aussies, is it acceptable for us to take Monday off work in preparation for when we live there?
Great idea - I reckon it's worth a try.

LOL

Trish
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:59 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fejaouk!
Welcome to the September thread!
With regards to medicals..... depends on a number of things, like were you born in a 'high risk' country? If you were then it may be that your processing time will be somewhat extended whilst they do extra checks.... It's not unusual to have to wait 18 months for such checks to be completed.
If you are a British citizen, who has never lived anywhere else then the chances are that your application will take around 6 months... but there are no guarantees..... If you dont' want to have your meds done twice then my advice is to wait until DIAC asks for them, that way you will only have to do them once.
Hope this helps a bit!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:06 am
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alipally
Hi Fejaouk!
Welcome to the September thread!
With regards to medicals..... depends on a number of things, like were you born in a 'high risk' country? If you were then it may be that your processing time will be somewhat extended whilst they do extra checks.... It's not unusual to have to wait 18 months for such checks to be completed.
If you are a British citizen, who has never lived anywhere else then the chances are that your application will take around 6 months... but there are no guarantees..... If you dont' want to have your meds done twice then my advice is to wait until DIAC asks for them, that way you will only have to do them once.
Hope this helps a bit!
Heh thanks for the advice Ali. Yes I am from the UK and I am going alone and am a nurse so I hope I dont have to wait 18months! So when are you hoping to go and where to in Auz.

Scott.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 5:39 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you! You have a world of choices....
You could seek out an employer to sponosor you and go over on a 457 Visa and be there in a few weeks... I take it that you have your ANMC registration....

So you can be living your dream whilst waiting for you PR to come through! The only thing you have to do is inform DIAC that you are alread waiting for a 175 decision when you apply so that they don't grant the 457 after the PR or it will cancel it and you'll be stuck in a temporary VISA!

Take a a look at the emigrating by profession forum on the main boards and check up what you options are!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:33 pm
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alipally
Lucky you! You have a world of choices....
You could seek out an employer to sponosor you and go over on a 457 Visa and be there in a few weeks... I take it that you have your ANMC registration....

So you can be living your dream whilst waiting for you PR to come through! The only thing you have to do is inform DIAC that you are alread waiting for a 175 decision when you apply so that they don't grant the 457 after the PR or it will cancel it and you'll be stuck in a temporary VISA!

Take a a look at the emigrating by profession forum on the main boards and check up what you options are!
Hi Ali,

Thanks for the reply again. I am quite happy to wait a year to get things sorted out here and get some money behind me. If things look like they are going to take over a year I may just concider that. Yes I have my full ANMC skills assessment.

Scott.