British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   C/O needs more info...how long b4 we hear from her again? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/c-o-needs-more-info-how-long-b4-we-hear-her-again-564325/)

snoo Sep 29th 2008 5:06 pm

C/O needs more info...how long b4 we hear from her again?

Hello Chaps!!

Well we've got a c/o (yeayha!!)...but she's asked for more info (just a birth cert and p/c that the agent hadn't uploaded)...so 10 secs later she received the info...but our agent tells me it could be a week...could be A FEW MONTHS before we hear from the c/o again!! WHAT??
What are other people's experiences of this?
Cheers dudes, Lisa

Twinset Sep 29th 2008 10:06 pm

Re: C/O needs more info...how long b4 we hear from her again?

Congrats on your c/o!!!!

snoo Sep 30th 2008 10:00 am

Thanks for that Twinset.....I know it doesn't really matter now if our c/o takes ages to pick up our file again, but to be honest you would think they'd want our visa off their desk...the added info is only one of our police checks that the agent forgot/didn't upload and a birth cert for my husband's father (we've applied for a 176 fam sponsored visa as Paul has an uncle in Sydney...so they just want confirmation that Uncle David and Paul's Dad are brothers....but why we wern't asked for this by our agent in the first place is another matter!!).....So...to put it bluntly..our agents have caused this delay really! Not that it's a big deal in the big picture!!
So..the question IS...what is other people's experience of waiting for visa to be issued after C/O asks for extra info??
Cheers, Lisa

Dorothy Sep 30th 2008 10:21 am

Some people wait a day, others 6 months after the request for information. Nobody can give you a time when you will hear from your CO again.

EVERWHAT Sep 30th 2008 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 6832474)
Some people wait a day, others 6 months...

WOW ... is that right? :ohmy:

BTW ... congrats on the CO!! :thumbup:

snoo Sep 30th 2008 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 6832474)
Some people wait a day, others 6 months after the request for information. Nobody can give you a time when you will hear from your CO again.

Thanks Dorothy,
I think it's quite important that people know this info rather than worrying when they don't hear from the c/o straight away! I certainly was under the misconception that when we sent the extra info to the c/o that we'd hear from them within maybe a week! Now I'll just sit back and wait patiently!
Lisa,x

snoo Sep 30th 2008 10:35 am

Originally Posted by EVERWHAT (Post 6832486)
WOW ... is that right? :ohmy:

BTW ... congrats on the CO!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the congrats.....I do feel like it's all coming together now...just this flippin' house (which we love...but feel like we will have to bite the bullet and drop price AGAIN!!!) to sell!!
x

EVERWHAT Sep 30th 2008 10:43 am

Originally Posted by snoo (Post 6832512)
Thanks for the congrats.....I do feel like it's all coming together now...just this flippin' house (which we love...but feel like we will have to bite the bullet and drop price AGAIN!!!) to sell!!
x

Yeah ... that sux!! The bottom has fallen outta the market here too ... but we are lucky enough to be in a position to keep our place. Will rent it out ... not that I like that idea ... but it is to a family friend.

However, I am in agreement with the processing. One would think that once the "stuff" was given, enpically with an online application, the CO would be notified and the processing could just be done there and then. Clear ones desk, as it where ... :thumbdown: Good luck however!!! :thumbup:

Kitten24 Sep 30th 2008 11:43 am

Originally Posted by snoo (Post 6830598)
Hello Chaps!!

Well we've got a c/o (yeayha!!)...but she's asked for more info (just a birth cert and p/c that the agent hadn't uploaded)...so 10 secs later she received the info...but our agent tells me it could be a week...could be A FEW MONTHS before we hear from the c/o again!! WHAT??
What are other people's experiences of this?
Cheers dudes, Lisa

We had a similar problem but it wasn't the agents fault simply that it had been lost by whomever sent it to the CO. Our agent contacted them immediately and resent it and then requested it be marked urgent as it had been their error. We received our visa the next day.

Fingers crossed your problem gets sorted fast too. :thumbup:

toan Sep 30th 2008 1:55 pm

ours was granted 2 weeks once it was recieved,
good luck,hang in there it will arrive:thumbsup:

The Coulsons Sep 30th 2008 2:35 pm

Ours was 1 week from receiving the info, got our visas today:thumbsup:

snoo Sep 30th 2008 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by The Coulsons (Post 6833091)
Ours was 1 week from receiving the info, got our visas today:thumbsup:

Oh that's fabulous!! I bet you feel on cloud nine!!

ripley18 Sep 30th 2008 6:33 pm

We got our CO on 11th September and more info was requested through our agent which was all sent off last week. Really hoping it's not much longer now! :unsure: