Business Visa Options

Old Apr 18th 2018, 9:00 am
Just Joined

stokie100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Business Visa Options

Hi All,

The software business I work for as a Sales Manager want to sponsor me to setup a new office in Australia due to demand for the software we sell. They have tasked me to find out the process for visa applications.

I am not an executive or director of the business. The business has global offices already and a turnover of around $2million per year.

I cant find any visa that fits our situation at the moment. Most business visas are for individual entrepreneurs or owners/directors within the business.

Does anyone know what visa options we would go for? I have a young family and don't want to relocate unless we feel secure in the visa conditions.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Visa Options

It depends on if your occupation is on one of the occupation lists.

If you are planning a permanent move then you need to look at permanent visas such as 189 or 190. However, you and the company need to be aware there is no quick visa. You aren't going to have a visa is much under a year. It would also depend on you be able to pass the other visa requirements such as the skills assessment

A TSS visa may be slightly quicker, but it is only a temp visa and comes with a lot of issues and is far from from suitable for a family.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 11:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Visa Options

Originally Posted by stokie100
Hi All,

The software business I work for as a Sales Manager want to sponsor me to setup a new office in Australia due to demand for the software we sell. They have tasked me to find out the process for visa applications.

I am not an executive or director of the business. The business has global offices already and a turnover of around $2million per year.

I cant find any visa that fits our situation at the moment. Most business visas are for individual entrepreneurs or owners/directors within the business.

Does anyone know what visa options we would go for? I have a young family and don't want to relocate unless we feel secure in the visa conditions.

Many thanks in advance.
TBH if they are a global office they should know they really ought to consult a migration agent about the best way forward.
Do they have any offices in Australia already?