Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet? (Part two.....)

Business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet? (Part two.....)

Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi Bryan,

Any date on the ceremony yet?

We've got our test next Wednesday

Hopefully we'll pass

Mark - how are things progressing. When are you coming to Oz?

Jules x
21st April (The Queens Birthday so we thought we'd ask for the National Anthem to be played!!!!!!)

Good luck with your test - it isn't difficult, I can assure you.

Bryan
Old Mar 24th 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Hi Bryan,

Any date on the ceremony yet?

We've got our test next Wednesday

Hopefully we'll pass

Mark - how are things progressing. When are you coming to Oz?

Jules x
Hi,

We were planning on coming over for a reccie this summer, but we have changed that and it will be next year, were planning on a full time move 2013.

How are you doing!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:01 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
Hi,

We were planning on coming over for a reccie this summer, but we have changed that and it will be next year, were planning on a full time move 2013.

How are you doing!
Hi mark,

we're good thanks! passed our citizenship test today, so that's another box ticked

We've recently taken on an industrial unit and have lauched our own tracking solution, so all systems go!!

Still fancy oz then? How's things in sunny Florida? How do the kids feel about the move?

Take care,

Jules x
Old Mar 31st 2010, 12:11 pm
SDC
Just Joined

SDC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all...

just found this forum.... we are 163 app's too... got WA SS Aug 09, lodged main app Oct 09, heard nothing....

We hear that the quota has been reached so I suppose it's a case of sitting tight till July, so frustrating.... just really want to know if we moving or not...

Want to house on the market soon anyway and get ready for news..

We are thinking of going to Secret Harbour.. anyone out there ..?

Thanks
SDC
Old Mar 31st 2010, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SDC
Hi all...

just found this forum.... we are 163 app's too... got WA SS Aug 09, lodged main app Oct 09, heard nothing....

We hear that the quota has been reached so I suppose it's a case of sitting tight till July, so frustrating.... just really want to know if we moving or not...

Want to house on the market soon anyway and get ready for news..

We are thinking of going to Secret Harbour.. anyone out there ..?

Thanks
SDC
Hi SDC,m

welcome to the 163ers. We are a bit quiet nowadays because, I suppose, we are all busy with our lives down under.

Jules is in Secret Harbour - I'm sure she will come back on soon and contact you.

Good luck with the application

bryan
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:53 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BM615
Hi SDC,m

welcome to the 163ers. We are a bit quiet nowadays because, I suppose, we are all busy with our lives down under.

Jules is in Secret Harbour - I'm sure she will come back on soon and contact you.

bryan
Hi SDC,

That's me!

We do live in Secret Harbour. Work in Port Kennedy and children go to school in Warnbro.

Would only be too pleased to help or answer any questions.

Sent me a message if there's anything I can do.

Jules x
Old May 2nd 2010, 3:57 am

21st April (The Queens Birthday so we thought we'd ask for the National Anthem to be played!!!!!!)

Good luck with your test - it isn't difficult, I can assure you.

Bryan
Hi Bryan,

How was the ceremony? Would LOVE to see a photo if you have one

Very many congratulations on achieving the ultimate goal of this whole immigration process!

Lots of love,

Jules xx
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bryan,

How was the ceremony? Would LOVE to see a photo if you have one

Very many congratulations on achieving the ultimate goal of this whole immigration process!

Lots of love,

Jules xx
Well Jules - it was low key and overstated. Good to do it - the catering was dire - but everyone was happy to be there, except, probably the family that didn't turn up!!

The Official photographer took the photos but we haven't heard anything yet.

So on Monday we take in our passport forms and in a couple of weeks we will be just like 2 little aussies. I will post the photos if they look good!!

Good luck with yours

cheers

Bryan & Joyce
Old May 5th 2010, 5:44 pm
SDC
Just Joined

Hi SDC,

That's me!

We do live in Secret Harbour. Work in Port Kennedy and children go to school in Warnbro.

Would only be too pleased to help or answer any questions.

Sent me a message if there's anything I can do.

Jules x
Hi Jules,

so sorry just logged in, thought it would e-mail me if a message was posted...

We are still waiting to hear about visa.... seems so long, driving us mad

We lodged 2nd stage in Oct and was told it would take 9 months, but we are hearing that they are still processing August ones at the mo... visa been capped, new year starts in July and i'm just soooo hoping that it will be all systems go after that!! My hope is to have visa by end of August and be over in Oct.... hope i'm not being too optimistic...??

We have a 4 year old, seen that there are two primary schools in SH and hope to get him in there. Keep looking at places to rent, where is the best area, if there is one..? Do you find SH a good location, not too far out of a town...??? Any info would be great.... just can't wait.....!!!

Thanks

Susannah x
Old May 9th 2010, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

I am still here Brian and Jules!
Havn't been on the site for months.
We did our citizenship tests (perfect score for me I might add), we put our daughter in for the ceremony so she could get here HECS loan for uni... she starts UWA in July, we have not got around to our own yet.
Start work on our pool display centre next month... i'll let you know when its open.
Steve
Hi SDC,m

bryan
Old May 10th 2010, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by steveyp
I am still here Brian and Jules!
Havn't been on the site for months.
We did our citizenship tests (perfect score for me I might add), we put our daughter in for the ceremony so she could get here HECS loan for uni... she starts UWA in July, we have not got around to our own yet.
Start work on our pool display centre next month... i'll let you know when its open.
Steve
Hi Steve,

Good to hear you're travelling well I thought you were selling the pool business?

How much difference does having citizenship make to the Uni fees? Not that my little loves are heading that way for many a year, but interesting to know.

When did you take your test? Might give the council a chase up on ours. Bet Rouge trader got theirs in 2 days (if their visa journey has been anything to go by )

take care and keep in touch,

Jules xx
Old May 10th 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by SDC
Hi Jules,

so sorry just logged in, thought it would e-mail me if a message was posted...

We are still waiting to hear about visa.... seems so long, driving us mad

We lodged 2nd stage in Oct and was told it would take 9 months, but we are hearing that they are still processing August ones at the mo... visa been capped, new year starts in July and i'm just soooo hoping that it will be all systems go after that!! My hope is to have visa by end of August and be over in Oct.... hope i'm not being too optimistic...??

We have a 4 year old, seen that there are two primary schools in SH and hope to get him in there. Keep looking at places to rent, where is the best area, if there is one..? Do you find SH a good location, not too far out of a town...??? Any info would be great.... just can't wait.....!!!

Thanks

Susannah x
Hi Susannah,

I remember the pain of waiting and not knowing.... Hang on in there.

Secret Harbour's OK. If I had my time again (knowing what I know now) would pick somewhere different. My kids used to go to SH Primary, but now go to Living Waters in Warnbro.

Message me if there's anything specific you need to know (may know of a good rental house in SH later in the year if you're interested )

Jules xxx
Old May 10th 2010, 9:08 am
SDC
Just Joined

Hi Susannah,

I remember the pain of waiting and not knowing.... Hang on in there.

Secret Harbour's OK. If I had my time again (knowing what I know now) would pick somewhere different. My kids used to go to SH Primary, but now go to Living Waters in Warnbro.

Message me if there's anything specific you need to know (may know of a good rental house in SH later in the year if you're interested )

Jules xxx
Hi Jules,

thanks for reply... house sounds good... thank you.

Tell me, what are your reasons for SH being OK.... and where would you have gone, be good to know. So hard to make a choice from over here!!

Susannah xxx
Old May 10th 2010, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by SDC
Hi Jules,

thanks for reply... house sounds good... thank you.

Tell me, what are your reasons for SH being OK.... and where would you have gone, be good to know. So hard to make a choice from over here!!

Susannah xxx
Anywhere SOR is less 'established' than North of the River. Secret Harbour is a fairly new development and as such, it's taken a while to get shops, schools and facilities to cater for the growth in population. We purposely chose SH as it was not too developed - everything was in planning stages and we thought with the train line and the freeway extension, if everything went wrong and we had to sell up and move back to the UK, there would be more room for growth in the South. Who could have predicted the crash? But luckily, things have worked out for us and we're here to stay (for the time being!).

Obviously, where you choose to live depends on your budget and where your business will be based....... There are many lovely suburbs, but all the research in the world doesn't account for the 'feeling' you have when you stumble across your new home. What one person loves, another doesn't.

Anyhow - it's all subjective! Take a rental when you arrive and drive round all the suburbs. You will find one that 'clicks'

Jules x
Old May 10th 2010, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Anywhere SOR is less 'established' than North of the River. Secret Harbour is a fairly new development and as such, it's taken a while to get shops, schools and facilities to cater for the growth in population. We purposely chose SH as it was not too developed - everything was in planning stages and we thought with the train line and the freeway extension, if everything went wrong and we had to sell up and move back to the UK, there would be more room for growth in the South. Who could have predicted the crash? But luckily, things have worked out for us and we're here to stay (for the time being!).

Obviously, where you choose to live depends on your budget and where your business will be based....... There are many lovely suburbs, but all the research in the world doesn't account for the 'feeling' you have when you stumble across your new home. What one person loves, another doesn't.

Anyhow - it's all subjective! Take a rental when you arrive and drive round all the suburbs. You will find one that 'clicks'

Jules x
very philosophical Jules - but you are absolutely right. Taking time to drive around the 'burbs is an important part of settling in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.