business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Hi HK

Hate to tell you this, but it hasnt cost us a penny yet.

As you know drew the business plan up ourselves, like yourself.

PJ took a trip with all the paperwork down to London last month, when the SBDC were doing a seminar at the Aussie High Commission, and had a meeting with the Director of SBDC, who approved the Sponsorship there and then. If you post it to them, it will take about 30 days. We still have to wait for them to post us the 949 Form to send off with the visa, we have been advised we will get this shortly.

The SBDC do not charge you for advice or for getting you the sponsorship. Thankfully its all free, and the amount of questions i ask them im quite glad of the fact.

Like i said in an earlier post to you, perhaps through the site we can all help each other along the way. So far i have had such good advice and support, (THANKS ALL).....

Let us know what you decide to do. Think about what you can do with an extra 5 grand.....

Take Care

B
Thanks for that......Bugger!!

Mind you, I am heading for Queensland and was told that they are a tougher nut to crack than Perth (not sure how true this is though).

I suppose now that all my stuff is in Australia it would be a bit daft to request it back again.

Guess I'll just have to pay what it costs and put it down as an expensive lesson learned.

Keep posting Guys, even if you do depress me. LOL
Old Apr 15th 2005, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
Thanks for that......Bugger!!

Mind you, I am heading for Queensland and was told that they are a tougher nut to crack than Perth (not sure how true this is though).

I suppose now that all my stuff is in Australia it would be a bit daft to request it back again.

Guess I'll just have to pay what it costs and put it down as an expensive lesson learned.

Keep posting Guys, even if you do depress me. LOL

Hi HK

Maybe best to stick with it now its all in Oz.

Dont know anything about the Queensland Sponsorships, although i know all states have different requirements.

Just stay on your agents back, i think you deserve 5 star treatment for the fees your paying.

Keep well

B
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:03 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

So how much roughly is the entire application costing you 'Go it aloners??'

I'm thinking of aborting mine now if it will save a few grand.
Hi HK...

Same response as 'PJ & B' I'm afraid - sorry! So far, we prepared our own business plan and the sponsorship application is free. We've spent £20 getting our police checks done and have budgeted for up to £500 for medicals (although that's probably on the top side). I'm hoping that your £5000 fee includes the A$2450 visa application fee [please tell me it does].

I agree that you're probably better off sticking with it now that it's in Oz, although I guess you have to weigh up a possible delay in re-submitting against the £5000 saving...???

I also have heard that QLD's sponsorship is tougher to get than WA's so you can console yourself that an agent is a good option.... who knows, we might all come unstuck and end up applying all over again (with an agent this time) and spending another cold, wet, miserable winter here whilst you're sunning yourself in the Sunshine State... who knows.

And maybe your agent's fee includes your tickets to Brisbane airport when you get the visa... and the cost of your removals... and some air-freight thrown in for good measure......... sorry, getting carried away again - I was born an optimist... Sarah & the kids think I'm nuts sometimes, but my battle-cry is "NO IS NOT AN OPTION"...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:20 pm
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

........no i did not sell my house yesterday, i had one viewer who lives on my road, who has only lived here a year and basically just wanted a nose around, to see what work we had done on it....So told the estate agent not to send me any time wasters, want some serious buyers...how dare they drag me away from my beloved computer to nosey around my house!!!!! and yes i will be sending police checks off today.
B
Hey B...
Well, the cheek of it...!!!

But seriously, you'd think the estate agent would have filtered that one out, wouldn't you...

Our police checks are in the post now, so starting work on the visa application (still not got sponsorship yet) and planning when to book meds. Got a good feeling about everything right now... we reckon it's all gonna fall into place beautifully from here on in...!!!!

Like you said in a post earlier today, between us we'll all figure out the way forward - it's a great thread you started... Sarah reckons we could all set up as migration agents when we get there (and at five grand a pop the turnover requirement will be pretty easy...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Craig.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Hi HK...

Same response as 'PJ & B' I'm afraid - sorry! So far, we prepared our own business plan and the sponsorship application is free. We've spent £20 getting our police checks done and have budgeted for up to £500 for medicals (although that's probably on the top side). I'm hoping that your £5000 fee includes the A$2450 visa application fee [please tell me it does].

I agree that you're probably better off sticking with it now that it's in Oz, although I guess you have to weigh up a possible delay in re-submitting against the £5000 saving...???

I also have heard that QLD's sponsorship is tougher to get than WA's so you can console yourself that an agent is a good option.... who knows, we might all come unstuck and end up applying all over again (with an agent this time) and spending another cold, wet, miserable winter here whilst you're sunning yourself in the Sunshine State... who knows.

And maybe your agent's fee includes your tickets to Brisbane airport when you get the visa... and the cost of your removals... and some air-freight thrown in for good measure......... sorry, getting carried away again - I was born an optimist... Sarah & the kids think I'm nuts sometimes, but my battle-cry is "NO IS NOT AN OPTION"...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig.

Yes the fee is inclusive of all State and Gov fees. One fee payed in installments and a bit of help and advice when/if we get there.

Wish this thread had started a few months back. I was dying for some info but 99% of it seemed to be skills visas etc.

Still, if we can help a few others along the way then some good has come out of it. Perhaps you can all have a whip round for me??LOL

Hoping to hear next week if the sponsorship has been approved. Queensland State Government are pretty tough and have come back with a few questions re my application on a couple of occasions. They are really on the ball.

Anyone had any calls from DIMIA asking questions on the second phase of the application and if so, what were they asking??
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

I just thought I'd pass along some information my husband and I learned from our migration agent with regard to police clearances and medicals - as I've noticed these topics come up a few times. Our agent has advised that one most certainly should wait to get these done - as they have a short shelf life. They are usually the last thing that DIMIA will request prior to granting approval. That's not to say that it's totally wrong to get them done sooner - but it may be a good idea to consider waiting until further along in the process. If one gets them done prior to receiving state sponsorship, or prior to submitting their application to DIMIA - there's a slim chance that they may expire prior to a person's file being reviewed by DIMIA - thereby increasing the chances of having to re-obtain them (which delays the process).

I stand to be corrected - so if anyone has any further information on this, please advise. This, however, is the rule of thumb we've decided to go with - based on the advice of our agent.

Please keep in touch on this one.

Regards.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes the fee is inclusive of all State and Gov fees. One fee payed in installments and a bit of help and advice when/if we get there.

Wish this thread had started a few months back. I was dying for some info but 99% of it seemed to be skills visas etc.

Still, if we can help a few others along the way then some good has come out of it. Perhaps you can all have a whip round for me??LOL

Hoping to hear next week if the sponsorship has been approved. Queensland State Government are pretty tough and have come back with a few questions re my application on a couple of occasions. They are really on the ball.

Anyone had any calls from DIMIA asking questions on the second phase of the application and if so, what were they asking??
We, too, are curious as to the questions that DIMIA asks - when they call to conduct their interview.

Sam (the Thorpes) - this might be a question for you. Did you have a telephone interview with DIMIA? If so, what types of questions did they ask you? How long did the interview last?

We look forward to any input on this topic as well.

Regards.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:18 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by Pasha
....police clearances and medicals.... Our agent has advised that one most certainly should wait to get these done - as they have a short shelf life. They are usually the last thing that DIMIA will request prior to granting approval.... If one gets them done prior to receiving state sponsorship, or prior to submitting their application to DIMIA - there's a slim chance that they may expire prior to a person's file being reviewed by DIMIA - thereby increasing the chances of having to re-obtain them (which delays the process).Regards.
Hi Pasha,

Thanks for posting this info. We're too late to take the advice re the police checks as we mailed our requests today, but your advice is similar to what we've been told about the medicals - we were told that the date of the medical becomes the start date for the visa application process, so when it's granted they'll give you 3, 6 or 12 months to get to Oz from the date of the medical (not the date of the visa approval) so if one has their meds done too early, there could be a really tight time-scale in which to sell the house etc and get to Oz to validate the visa.

Keep the good advice coming.

Cheers,
Craig.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pasha,

Thanks for posting this info. We're too late to take the advice re the police checks as we mailed our requests today, but your advice is similar to what we've been told about the medicals - we were told that the date of the medical becomes the start date for the visa application process, so when it's granted they'll give you 3, 6 or 12 months to get to Oz from the date of the medical (not the date of the visa approval) so if one has their meds done too early, there could be a really tight time-scale in which to sell the house etc and get to Oz to validate the visa.

Keep the good advice coming.

Cheers,
Craig.
You have 12 months from either your police checks or medicals (whichever comes first) to validate your visa, or at least this is how it works on a 136 visa. Hopefully it is the same for you guys?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

found just a handful of threads about people applying for state sponsored 163 visa, most seem to be applying for skilled visas. Just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who has got this type of visa recently and how long it took from applying. We have already received our sponsorship and are now in the process of applying for our visa. Putting the house on the market when the kids go back to school. We were told to expect 6/9 months to get the visa. We really want to be in Oz by the end of this year as my oldest son is due to start secondary school in September and i would rather he ended his last year in primary school here and dont really want him to start one new school here and then after a few months have to take him out again to start another new school in Oz. Do we sound desperate to go or what........well we are... also has anyone been turned down for the visa, even though they have been sponsored? Thats another worry..Please help so i can get a good nights sleep.

B
Wow!!

I wish I had found this site 3 months ago.

Just sent off 163 to Perth, put together ourselves.

Did anyone else have trouble with the order they want the documents put into the application pack? Or finding someone to certify the copies, I think that was the hardest part!! Back and forth to solicitor (5 solicitors refused to do it, including our own)!

Back to the original question now there are more people on the thread, visa processing times for Business owner or state sponsered business owner?

Concensus so far from posts is 3-9 months, any more confirmed times?

Bengy Boo
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:31 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
You have 12 months from either your police checks or medicals (whichever comes first) to validate your visa, or at least this is how it works on a 136 visa. Hopefully it is the same for you guys?
O-Oh...... thanks for the advice Kevin. Oh well, nothing like a deadline to make sure everything gets done!!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:38 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
Wow!!

I wish I had found this site 3 months ago.

Just sent off 163 to Perth, put together ourselves.

Did anyone else have trouble with the order they want the documents put into the application pack? Or finding someone to certify the copies, I think that was the hardest part!! Back and forth to solicitor (5 solicitors refused to do it, including our own)!

Back to the original question now there are more people on the thread, visa processing times for Business owner or state sponsered business owner?

Concensus so far from posts is 3-9 months, any more confirmed times?

Bengy Boo
Hi Bengyboo... Welcome...!

So, what was the answer (what order do they want the documents put into the application pack)?

Re your question: the concensus is, as you said, 3-9 months. We've read of a lot of people getting it sorted in 6 months and a few doing the entire process in just 12 weeks.

Please give us all the benefit of your experience as you are ahead of most of us in the process: with hindsight, is there anything you would have done differently..? What do you know now that you wish you'd known then..? Anything else you think we should know..?

And now the social stuff: where are you heading? What line of business are you in / going in to..?

Sorry for all the questions, but we're a nosey (interested!) bunch on here..!!!!

Good luck - and please keep us posted with your progress.

Craig n Sarah.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi Bengyboo... Welcome...!

So, what was the answer (what order do they want the documents put into the application pack)?

Re your question: the concensus is, as you said, 3-9 months. We've read of a lot of people getting it sorted in 6 months and a few doing the entire process in just 12 weeks.

Please give us all the benefit of your experience as you are ahead of most of us in the process: with hindsight, is there anything you would have done differently..? What do you know now that you wish you'd known then..? Anything else you think we should know..?

And now the social stuff: where are you heading? What line of business are you in / going in to..?

Sorry for all the questions, but we're a nosey (interested!) bunch on here..!!!!

Good luck - and please keep us posted with your progress.

Craig n Sarah.
Craig n Sarah

Don't take my advice as gospel the way I did it may have been completely wrong, but I can share my application aggro'.

Still not sure about the document order, I ended up putting the sections in a folder back to front e.g. section 8 on top down to section 1 (form 80 I think) in last. The check list from the website was a bit confusing.

We also ended up putting copies of absolutely everything in, covered all section required on the checklist, property valuations etc (cost £400 from proper surveyor not estate agent). Together with copy of business plan, accounts etc. But I have read a couple of posts where people don't put all of this in the application??

In the end the Fed-ex pack weighed 2.1Kg!!

I would recommend going for state sponsorship, I have gone with WA after our travels there last year. They were great, very helpful, they let me know when they received it and I had approval back in 3 weeks, including post time!!

It makes the turnover target easier, but $200k turnover shouldn't be too difficult. I know how to run businesses, turnover is easy, profit is difficult. I believe even if you have 3-4 years of cash "burn" making no profit, you will be able to meet the targets. (Sell your service at cost if you have to).

Onto noseyness: WA, thinking of starting a horse related business, with my partner and 2 children, a complete change as my background is running a security consultancy.

What about yourselves what stage are you at and what are your plans?

A friend said to me recently "What's the worst that can happen? You come back." She is right.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
Craig n Sarah

Don't take my advice as gospel the way I did it may have been completely wrong, but I can share my application aggro'.

Still not sure about the document order, I ended up putting the sections in a folder back to front e.g. section 8 on top down to section 1 (form 80 I think) in last. The check list from the website was a bit confusing.

We also ended up putting copies of absolutely everything in, covered all section required on the checklist, property valuations etc (cost £400 from proper surveyor not estate agent). Together with copy of business plan, accounts etc. But I have read a couple of posts where people don't put all of this in the application??

In the end the Fed-ex pack weighed 2.1Kg!!

I would recommend going for state sponsorship, I have gone with WA after our travels there last year. They were great, very helpful, they let me know when they received it and I had approval back in 3 weeks, including post time!!

It makes the turnover target easier, but $200k turnover shouldn't be too difficult. I know how to run businesses, turnover is easy, profit is difficult. I believe even if you have 3-4 years of cash "burn" making no profit, you will be able to meet the targets. (Sell your service at cost if you have to).

Onto noseyness: WA, thinking of starting a horse related business, with my partner and 2 children, a complete change as my background is running a security consultancy.

What about yourselves what stage are you at and what are your plans?

A friend said to me recently "What's the worst that can happen? You come back." She is right.

Hi, we're looking into state sponsorship and making sure we have all criteria covered etccc...

What paperwork do they need to see to prove turnover, assets etc???
any info is more than handy!!!!!!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi, we're looking into state sponsorship and making sure we have all criteria covered etccc...

What paperwork do they need to see to prove turnover, assets etc???
any info is more than handy!!!!!!
At the state sponsorship stage, I just sent a photocopy of last 4 fiscal years (companies accounting years). Certified copies of them are needed when actual visa is applied for.

Same for assets, I just sent WA all of my own and my company assets to convince then we can afford to start a business/live. The proof comes when applying, and even then I only sent proof to meet the requirement of $250k. House survey minus mortgage statement, and bank accounts and investments on a certain day, on certified statements.

I am sure with the UK house prices (apart from recent falls) many will be able to Prove $250k with house alone??

Please if anybody disagrees with this let me know because it means I have done my application wrong!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.