business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Talking Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Chill out stumpy, you sound really stressed

Personally niether of us could afford to study in Oz as you will need to consider school fee (if you have kids), medical insurance and rent, and only being able to work 20 hours a week. If we were to do that all our assets would be quickly eaten up.

We know starting up a new business is risky, but we are both prepared to give it our best shot, and if it all goes tits up, well cant say we didnt give it a go.

B
PJ, I am stressed!!! not sleeping much, head spinning trying to find a way to get into OZ!!! nothing seems very easy!!
We were looking into starting up business out there but are concerned that we won't meet turnover figures inorder to apply for PR, and also that the 163 is only a temp visa anyway so we would still have to pay for schools, health care etccc but for 4yrs instead of 2 (2yrs studying, apply for PR then work full time ) By the way after much research, you can actually buy a house (although I think it has to be a new one or have one built) even if you are on a temp visa.... contact FIRB for more info....
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:27 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by stumpysean
...it just worries me that hubby will train in a trade that's on the modl then when we come to apply for PR after 2yrs the job will have been taken off!!!!
Hey Stumpy...
Yeah, we know what you mean - we've been at the point of being ready to apply twice in the past only to find that the criteria has changed and we've been left suddenly not qualifying for a categorg that we did originally qualify for... the stress is tough but try to calm down, take everything in your stride and you'll see it all clearly in the end. Remember, it WILL be worth it.

As far as your question about the job being removed from the MODL whilst you are there, that's a gamble, but there are always alternative options, for example you could look at the employer nomination category once your hubby has qualified - this is now an easier option since they've removed the need for labour market testing.

Good luck - and keep smiling!!!
Craig.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

PJ, I am stressed!!! not sleeping much, head spinning trying to find a way to get into OZ!!! nothing seems very easy!!
We were looking into starting up business out there but are concerned that we won't meet turnover figures inorder to apply for PR, and also that the 163 is only a temp visa anyway so we would still have to pay for schools, health care etccc but for 4yrs instead of 2 (2yrs studying, apply for PR then work full time ) By the way after much research, you can actually buy a house (although I think it has to be a new one or have one built) even if you are on a temp visa.... contact FIRB for more info....
Hi

Im pretty stressed too, not sleeping either, but have found expats gives me insomnia anyway.

I emailed the WA Education Dept and they replied saying our kids can go to a state school on this type of visa, so thats that sorted, couldnt afford private education for 3. Check with the Education Dept in the state you hope to go to.

The private med insurance is a added expense, we have allowed for this, now we know we dont have school fees to pay.

As far as i know after 2 years if you meet the required turnover and have established your business you can apply for PR then, they just give you 4 years to do this. You have to have meet the turnover for at least 12 months before applying for PR. (hope i have read this correctly off the SBDC site)...correct me anyone if im wrong....

What type of business were you thinking of going into when you get there?

B

Last edited by PJ & B; Apr 14th 2005 at 10:31 am.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:32 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

...the 163 is only a temp visa anyway so we would still have to pay for schools, health care etc....
Are you sure this is right...???
Anyone else know about this...???
I'm not certain, but I thought that education was free on the 163...???
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:36 am
Aussie Citizen

...I emailed the WA Education Dept and they replied saying our kids can go to a state school on this type of visa, so thats that sorted...

...As far as i know after 2 years if you meet the required turnover and have established your business you can apply for PR then, they just give you 4 years to do this. You have to have meet the turnover for at least 12 months before applying for PR. (hope i have read this correctly off the SBDC site)...correct me anyone if im wrong....
B
Hi B

Thanks for giving us peace of mind - AGAIN.
Re- the question of applying for PR after 2 years subject to meeting the criteria, yes we're pretty certain this is the case. We read it exactly the same as you guys and everything we've been told confirms this.

Cheers,
Craig.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Hi B

Thanks for giving us peace of mind - AGAIN.
Re- the question of applying for PR after 2 years subject to meeting the criteria, yes we're pretty certain this is the case. We read it exactly the same as you guys and everything we've been told confirms this.

Cheers,
Craig.
Hi Craig

Thank god for that.....i just went back on the SBDC site to double check.

im getting as stressed as Stumpy now.

B
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Craig

B
it's not stumpy getting stressed it's mrs stumpy, typical women

Mrs Stumpy, why don't you ring another agent for a second opinion, we used Overseas Emigration and they are very good, it's in their interest to help you (because they want your money)

So chill out, soon time to pick the kids up (now that is stressfull)
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:47 am
Aussie Citizen

Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi Craig

B
Nah... no-one's as stressed as Stumpy.......
We're all going to have to take a deep breath and count to ten. If we're this bad at this stage, just think how those poor souls on the skilled visas feel when their process takes over A YEAR!!!!! Mind you, at least they get their PR up front - not like us second-class citizens...!!!! ;-)

Just filling out the police forms now... a bit concerned that the front page says, ".......[this] will NOT provide you with a 'certificate of good conduct' or 'Police clearance certificate'. You will receive an authentic document (letter) which is acceptable for Visa requirements".......
Just hoping that this will be sufficient.... Anyone know...??????

Cheers all.
Craig.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Red face Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
it's not stumpy getting stressed it's mrs stumpy, typical women

Mrs Stumpy, why don't you ring another agent for a second opinion, we used Overseas Emigration and they are very good, it's in their interest to help you (because they want your money)

So chill out, soon time to pick the kids up (now that is stressfull)

Yeah thanks for that Kev....we've changed our minds again!!! The studying route is too risky, you now need 900hrs work experience for the TRA as well as no guarantees of a PR at the end of it. Sooooooooooo back to the business idea, just got to get our turnover up and try to make a real go of it when we get there... but at least we can both work at ti from day one, kids both at school so should be o.k.... who knows things may change again!!!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

We're all going to have to take a deep breath and count to ten. If we're this bad at this stage, just think how those poor souls on the skilled visas feel when their process takes over A YEAR!!!!! Mind you, at least they get their PR up front - not like us second-class citizens...!!!! ;-)

Just filling out the police forms now... a bit concerned that the front page says, ".......[this] will NOT provide you with a 'certificate of good conduct' or 'Police clearance certificate'. You will receive an authentic document (letter) which is acceptable for Visa requirements".......

Cheers all.
Craig.

Anyone got any good links so we can work out where we can actually base ourselves???i.e 50km outside PCBD.... are struggling to work out which suburbs are which and how far out they are. What do you lot recomend?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone got any good links so we can work out where we can actually base ourselves???i.e 50km outside PCBD.... are struggling to work out which suburbs are which and how far out they are. What do you lot recomend?

Hi stumpy

You sound alot more positive now, good for you.

we are going to Secret Harbour 52km south of Perth, not sure how to work suburbs out, but if you look up Secret Harbour that will give you an idea as to how far out you need to look.

B
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers all.
Craig.
Police forms can be obtained from your local police sty, they are sent off to the local head police sty then in turn sent to scotland yard. If you get the all clear you get 1 sheet of paper back saying they have no record of you. This is what you send to DIMIA
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi stumpy

You sound alot more positive now, good for you.

we are going to Secret Harbour 52km south of Perth, not sure how to work suburbs out, but if you look up Secret Harbour that will give you an idea as to how far out you need to look.

B

that's a good idea...I'll try that, how long has the whole process taken you???what proof have you needed to show for business turnover,assets etc...at what point do they need to see all of this....and at the end of the 4yrs temp visa what is the likelihood of obtaining PR?????
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:29 pm
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Police forms can be obtained from your local police sty, they are sent off to the local head police sty then in turn sent to scotland yard. If you get the all clear you get 1 sheet of paper back saying they have no record of you. This is what you send to DIMIA
Thanks Kevin...

We were just a little concerned that the Police said we would NOT get a certificate - just a letter, but by the sound of your advice, that should be just fine.

Cheers mate,
Craig.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

that's a good idea...I'll try that, how long has the whole process taken you???what proof have you needed to show for business turnover,assets etc...at what point do they need to see all of this....and at the end of the 4yrs temp visa what is the likelihood of obtaining PR?????

It took us a while to do business plan. To get the sponsorship you will need the business plan, plus 2 years accounts as proof of turnover, and fill in a form detailing your assets, but they dont ask for anything else at that stage. We havent applied for the visa yet, are getting it ready at present.

There are no guarantees that any of us will get PR, just a chance we have to take. Just work b****y hard to make the business work, and reach the required turnover, thats all we can do.

B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.