business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by foxychic
Hey all, we are just at the stage of preparing the PR application

- quick note to those as temp stage, keep a copy of your application, I obviously did, then got rid of it when we moved, you have to repeat most of the info, so would just be a bit quicker if you have it for reference.

My quick question is - did you get new UK police checks too or just aussie ones?

Jules - keep up to date with your blog, you are doing so well, teh hard slog is paying off is it? it is so hard to start, we are starting to turn the corner, 2 years on, but it has been soul destroying at times, starting from scratch, as long as you are prepared for that, you come out the other side.

thanks
Rachel
Hi Foxychic,

if you go back to the UK for a visit then you need to get new checks done. That's what we were told.

Good luck

Bryan & Joyce
Old Aug 27th 2009, 11:34 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BM615
Hi Foxychic,

if you go back to the UK for a visit then you need to get new checks done. That's what we were told.

Good luck

Bryan & Joyce
Sorry Foxy, we were made to get new ones - even though we are WA Police Licenced through the security business and we had to provide UK police checks for this - our CO still made us get current ones for the UK (and we haven't been back).

(although I'm off *alone* in less than 2 weeks for my first visit 'home'. That'll be strange!!

Very 'Australian' to get police checks for a country that you haven't lived in (or even set foot in) for nearly four years, but the CO wasn't budging.

All the very best with the application. Fingers crossed it's smooth for you and stress free.

Bryan - when are you going for citizenship? Must be eligible soon!

Jules xx
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by julesandco
Sorry Foxy, we were made to get new ones - even though we are WA Police Licenced through the security business and we had to provide UK police checks for this - our CO still made us get current ones for the UK (and we haven't been back).

(although I'm off *alone* in less than 2 weeks for my first visit 'home'. That'll be strange!!

Very 'Australian' to get police checks for a country that you haven't lived in (or even set foot in) for nearly four years, but the CO wasn't budging.

All the very best with the application. Fingers crossed it's smooth for you and stress free.

Bryan - when are you going for citizenship? Must be eligible soon!

Jules xx
Hi JUles,

yeah - we can apply from about 11th December - because we have to add on the 2 weeks we spent in Japan skiing.

I suppose we ought to start studying for the oral soon. We will probably take that in September some time - they then give you the date you can apply for citizenship.

Strange really - all the grief we had getting our original 164 visa - now it's all forgotten (but the scars still show!!).

When can you get yours done Jules?
Old Aug 29th 2009, 3:10 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JUles,

yeah - we can apply from about 11th December - because we have to add on the 2 weeks we spent in Japan skiing.

I suppose we ought to start studying for the oral soon. We will probably take that in September some time - they then give you the date you can apply for citizenship.

Strange really - all the grief we had getting our original 164 visa - now it's all forgotten (but the scars still show!!).

When can you get yours done Jules?
Hi Bryan,

We can apply in Feb (12 months after having PR), but as I'm off the the UK next week, we'll have to add that time on as well.

We could take the test earlier, the only problem is if they move the goalposts or change the criteria (what? The Aussie government? Never!!) we'd have to retake it - and seeing as over the course of the 6 months that I was trying to collate our PR application, the version changed 4 times, I don't think I'll risk it!

Will you be applying for Citizenship, or not bother? It's amazing the number of people that don't get it.

How are things going for you all? Still loving it here?

ATB, Jules x
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi Bryan,

We can apply in Feb (12 months after having PR), but as I'm off the the UK next week, we'll have to add that time on as well.

We could take the test earlier, the only problem is if they move the goalposts or change the criteria (what? The Aussie government? Never!!) we'd have to retake it - and seeing as over the course of the 6 months that I was trying to collate our PR application, the version changed 4 times, I don't think I'll risk it!

Will you be applying for Citizenship, or not bother? It's amazing the number of people that don't get it.

How are things going for you all? Still loving it here?

ATB, Jules x

Yes indeed - still loving it.

We will definitely apply for citizenship - can't see any point in not doing it, saves re-applying for visas.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Jules and guys

Love Lace xx
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Yes indeed - still loving it.

We will definitely apply for citizenship - can't see any point in not doing it, saves re-applying for visas.
We have been eligible for some time now, did the test 6 weeks ago. Perfect score for me! We have applied for my daughter so she will be able to get hex loans next year for uni, I guess we will get around to it ourselves soon.
Sold the shop! Just the one business remaining now!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steveyp
We have been eligible for some time now, did the test 6 weeks ago. Perfect score for me! We have applied for my daughter so she will be able to get hex loans next year for uni, I guess we will get around to it ourselves soon.
Sold the shop! Just the one business remaining now!
Hey Steve,

congrats - thought you'd sold the shop ages ago
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Hey Steve,

congrats - thought you'd sold the shop ages ago
It was on the market for a while, a few suiters but nobody serious. strange really when I think hpw hard we looked for a profitable business when we arrived.
I Guess a lot fewer 163s coming over than in the good old days!
And looking at the exchange rate... jees how that would hurt doing it now as apposed to 5 years ago!
Old May 10th 2010, 3:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, I've had to split the thread as it is too large to be manageable and a lot of the info is several years old and out of date now.

The new thread is HERE