business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by BM615
yeah JUles - we all have the necessary but need 12 months as a permanent resident - and apparently that excludes any holidays out of the country.

cheers bryan
Yep that's pretty much it.
I want to apply in case they ever change the rules or I (or a member of my family) ever do anything to get deported... you never know!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:02 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by julesandco
Just wanted to tell you guys that we got our PR granted today.

Can't quite believe it. The processing time was really quick.

That Moet's coming out this evening!

Jules xxxx

I've been waiting SSSSOOO long to post this! Take care all x
ONYA Jules & Paul..!!
Bloody fantastic news
Can't believe they let you stay
Still pinching yourselves?

Catchya
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:16 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
ONYA Jules & Paul..!!
Bloody fantastic news
Can't believe they let you stay
Still pinching yourselves?

Catchya
Thanks guys - always one step ahead of us, aren't you (although NOT in the baby stakes - we're done on that score!!! )

I'm pretty surprised they chose to keep us too! I was up in Perth at the DIAC the very next day getting the visa stamps in, just in case they realised their error

So tell us how things with you are? Business still going well? Have you got all the shops open now? ..... and - more importantly - when's the bubba due?

Glad you're still around - always nice to hear from you.

Jules xx
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:18 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveyp
Yep that's pretty much it.
I want to apply in case they ever change the rules or I (or a member of my family) ever do anything to get deported... you never know!

same here!!

When is your 12 months up? Have you got overseas trips to tack on too?

Let us know how you go.

Jules x
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by julesandco

same here!!

When is your 12 months up? Have you got overseas trips to tack on too?

Let us know how you go.

Jules x
I think they only count overseas trips over a month... anyway I don't have any ... I reckon it will take me a couple of months to get around to it and take the written test too. Another grand to the immigration people too..
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:23 am

I think they only count overseas trips over a month... anyway I don't have any ... I reckon it will take me a couple of months to get around to it and take the written test too. Another grand to the immigration people too..
Of course!!!!

Wouldn't be Australia without a bill!!

ATB,

Jules x
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

thumpa81 is a jewel in the roughthumpa81 is a jewel in the roughthumpa81 is a jewel in the roughthumpa81 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PJ & B
We took a visit out to Perth last year, hubby hadnt been to Oz before, but I lived there for a year about 15 years ago and travelled all around Oz backpacking and decided I really liked Perth out of all the places I had visited. You really need to take a trip out there to look at locations as to where you want to live and to do some research into setting up the business. We have decided settle in Secret Harbour, its 52km south of Perth and it is beautiful there. As far as I know the visa doesnt state where you have to live, its really where the business is located, and as long as its 50km outside of the met area, you can live where you like, I suppose if you plan to work from home you need to meet the guidelines.

We spent quite a few months drawing up our business plan and doing endless research on the internet, but it was all worth it. Once you have sent off all the paperwork, the sponsorship only takes about 30 days, but i dont know how long it will take to get the visa 6/9 months ive been told.

Hopefully we wont encounter any probs getting the actual visa......wiil keep you posted.

B
Hi there,

Sorry, but I am new to this. We are also applying for a 163 business visa, and are very early days with migrant agent. I am a little confused about the 50km thing mentioned in the posts? When I met with the SBMC they did not metion this, and neither did the migrant agent? Does it apply if you are buying an existing business? Also we have been told that you have to pay for the childrens education fully until you receive PR, and you do not receive Medicare, does anyone no the costs for schooling without Goverment help?

Sorry for so many questions!!

Holls
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thumpa81
Hi there,

Sorry, but I am new to this. We are also applying for a 163 business visa, and are very early days with migrant agent. I am a little confused about the 50km thing mentioned in the posts? When I met with the SBMC they did not metion this, and neither did the migrant agent? Does it apply if you are buying an existing business? Also we have been told that you have to pay for the childrens education fully until you receive PR, and you do not receive Medicare, does anyone no the costs for schooling without Goverment help?

Sorry for so many questions!!

Holls
I cant answer the business question but I can tell you that your agent has given you bad advice about the schooling. On a 163 visa you get all school fees in a state school paid for and you are also entilted to medicare.
You had better check to see if the other information he has given you is correct. It is a minefield out there with all the advice you are given
You can usually get the correct info on here for free!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that strictly speaking you were supposed to pay international student fees, but no-one seems to check.

You are entitled to medicare under the reciprocal agreement that Oz has with the UK, this entitles you to "immediate necessary treatment" which seems to cover just about everything you would get under medicare as a 'normal' person.
For example, cost me about $50 all up to have my daughter by c section including having gestational diabetes.

Dentist fees are another matter!

Hey Jules - heading to Perth for 3 days at the end of April, only going to realistically have one day free to look around - any suggestions on what to see. We are staying at a place called Brigadoon in the swan valley
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

thumpa81 is a jewel in the roughthumpa81 is a jewel in the roughthumpa81 is a jewel in the roughthumpa81 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by foxychic
I thought that strictly speaking you were supposed to pay international student fees, but no-one seems to check.

You are entitled to medicare under the reciprocal agreement that Oz has with the UK, this entitles you to "immediate necessary treatment" which seems to cover just about everything you would get under medicare as a 'normal' person.
For example, cost me about $50 all up to have my daughter by c section including having gestational diabetes.

Dentist fees are another matter!

Hey Jules - heading to Perth for 3 days at the end of April, only going to realistically have one day free to look around - any suggestions on what to see. We are staying at a place called Brigadoon in the swan valley
Thank you for that, was thinking it may cost too much to put my stepson (14)through school for a couple of years, as well as the the youngest (1)!
I agree about the minefield, it is soo much more complicated than you originally think!
Anyone who knows more about the 50km business rule, please let me know

Thx
Holls
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:32 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Holls.

Maybe telephone the WA Migration people in Perth about the 50km radius requirement:
http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/?page=contact

This said, the 50km requirement is discussed at this webpage:
http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/?page...hip-guidelines

Re the cost of education in WA as a subclass 163 visaholder, contact the WA Department of Education and Training:
http://www.eti.wa.edu.au/contact-us.html

Note that the policies as to requiring temporary/provisional visaholders to pay for secondary schooling differ between the States and Territories of Australia.

Best regards.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:35 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

PS. Feel able to send me a PM or an email if you would like to have a chat about your visa strategy, setting up a business in Australia, etc. Click on my name to the left of this posting.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
PS. Feel able to send me a PM or an email if you would like to have a chat about your visa strategy, setting up a business in Australia, etc. Click on my name to the left of this posting.
Anyone looking for a nice stress free way to their business visa? This year we really are going to sell the shop!!
I can no longer be in two (and sometimes three) places at once.
Anyone interested please PM me for more details.
Steve
Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Goldie b is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone looking for a nice stress free way to their business visa? This year we really are going to sell the shop!!
I can no longer be in two (and sometimes three) places at once.
Anyone interested please PM me for more details.
Steve
Hello to all 163ers. I have not posted for a while was busy in selling business and house.kept one property beacause it was hard to sell.
Anyway we are flying on 13 April from heathrow with singapore airlines and they did allowed us extra baggage alowance.First we are only allowed 20k on adults and 10k on infants but at end they allowed 25k for all passengers so ask them and they allow extra baggage.
Our shipment leaves for perth on 27 March so we are going through lot of motions specially my wife. I can understand leaving parents and family is never easy.Kids are excited.
It was very hard to let go our business because we put lot of hard work in to the business one of very emotional day of my life.Had lot of leaving and good luck cards from our customers.
we have sorted a rental in Beeliar for 6 weeks and hope to find a longer rental in that time. I have shortlisted few businesses which I am interested in.
I was going through old posts from this thread and I really felt good for all 163ers who have gain their PRs. Good luck to all.

Best regards
Goldie
Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Goldie b
we have sorted a rental in Beeliar for 6 weeks and hope to find a longer rental in that time. I have shortlisted few businesses which I am interested in.
I was going through old posts from this thread and I really felt good for all 163ers who have gain their PRs. Good luck to all.

Best regards
Goldie

All the very best of luck Goldie.

It's a tough experience from start to finish, but what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger

Good luck with the goodbyes.

Jules x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.