business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Lizzie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi All,
I have finally ploughed through all of the pages. Great info.
I am a Brit, but living in South Africa for 13 years.
We have applied on a 163. We have already got WA State Sponsorship and we lodged our application on 23 Dec 08. Through an Agent.
So now the waiting begins.
Anyone out there know how long its taking at the moment?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

ottg will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lizzie1
Hi All,
I have finally ploughed through all of the pages. Great info.
I am a Brit, but living in South Africa for 13 years.
We have applied on a 163. We have already got WA State Sponsorship and we lodged our application on 23 Dec 08. Through an Agent.
So now the waiting begins.
Anyone out there know how long its taking at the moment?
This link give timelines: http://www.saaustraliatimeline.com/CurrentVisas.aspx
but I don't see 163 and I am not sure what the others visas mean
Old Jan 8th 2009, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:41 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Just thought one or two of the old-timers might like to know: the scene in Casa Del Rogue this evening once again looks something like this.......

And the best thing is, they're having a national holiday next Monday, just to help us celebrate... God bless this wonderful place..!!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ROGUE FAMILY!!

Lovely to hear from you after all this time. Glad you are so happy here, so are we!

We know exactly how you feel, what a relief. I still get a wake up call every day when I look outside and see the sea and the sun shining. I live here!! How lucky is that!

Have a great Australia Day Weekend.

(I'm off to the UK on Sunday night so I will miss it all, better get out the winter woolies....)

Best Wishes

Sx
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

Hi Lizzie,
We are applying on a 163 visa to go to NSW. We got the state sponsorship in late June 08, and put in the federal application in on 5th August 2008. We were asked for police & medical certs on 1st October, and given 49 days to supply them. I asked the case officer for an extension on this because we did not want to include my partner's youngest daughter on the application (she's not coming with us) as she was turning 18 on December 24th. We had also planned a holiday to Oz for 5 weeks over the Xmas period so we had to tell the case officer to delay the decision to after our return as the visa couldn't be granted whilst we were in Oz.
The visa was granted on 13th Jan, which was the day after we left Australia (ie we were still on the plane at the point it came thorough!). Our agent told us it was probably scheduled as soon as DIAC was flagged up by passport control that we had left the country. So that was 6 months from beginning to end for the federal application, but I reckon we deliberately added at least 2 months of delays into that timeframe.
Hope that gives you something to plan by, and good luck for a positive decision on yours....
Lisa
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi Lisa,
Thanks so much for yr reply. I'm always eager to hear about others experiences - specially when they are the same visa as ours.
Sounds like yours was pretty quick.
There don't seem to be many of these visas around. Probably one of the most expensive thats why.
We are still waiting for the ack. letter. Hope its not too long - although we still have to sell the house etc.
I think about this whole thing everyday - and I know it takes time - but I just want to know.
Thanks again.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:21 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ROGUE FAMILY!!

Lovely to hear from you after all this time. Glad you are so happy here, so are we!
Onya Sheila! Thanks for the congrats. Sounds like things are going well over there on the sunny sunshine coast

We know exactly how you feel, what a relief. I still get a wake up call every day when I look outside and see the sea and the sun shining. I live here!! How lucky is that!
I know..!!!
It's really only just starting to sink in... I keep telling Mrs Rogue and the Roguettes (ps - another Roguette on the way - this time a real Aussie one..!!) "hey, guess what... we can stay forever..!!". The kids are going, "give it a break Dad, you told us that already" and I'm, "yeah, but isn't it awesome..!?"

Have a great Australia Day Weekend.
We sure will... this year will be one helluva party!

(I'm off to the UK on Sunday night so I will miss it all, better get out the winter woolies....)
Why would ya..?
Oh well, at least you'll be back soon!

To all the 163ers just starting out: keep on keeping on. Never give up hope. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's NOT an on-coming UK train... it's the brilliant Aussie sunshine..!!

Catchya,
Rogue.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:13 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rogue,

Very many congrats on the PR - as you say, this will be a very Special Australia Day for you all

And extra special news about the new Aussie!!! When's he/she due?

Don't be a stranger.

Jules x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Onya Sheila! Thanks for the congrats. Sounds like things are going well over there on the sunny sunshine coast

I know..!!!
It's really only just starting to sink in... I keep telling Mrs Rogue and the Roguettes (ps - another Roguette on the way - this time a real Aussie one..!!) "hey, guess what... we can stay forever..!!". The kids are going, "give it a break Dad, you told us that already" and I'm, "yeah, but isn't it awesome..!?"

Why would ya..?

To all the 163ers just starting out: keep on keeping on. Never give up hope. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it's NOT an on-coming UK train... it's the brilliant Aussie sunshine..!!

Catchya,
Rogue.
Sorry I'm not clever enough to all the quote business.!

Just to say we are very happy and settled here, and much happier since we got our permanent residency!. It came just in time as my eldest is off to Uni next month so it means that we wont have to pay overseas student fees!! Hooray, a saving of about $10,000 a year. When we become citizens at the end of this year he will be entilted to student loans, even better!!!

Congratulations on the new bubba (See the Aussi slang, well that what they say here on the Sunny Coast)

Its my 3rd time back to the UK. I go on my own (too expensive for us all!)
and meet up my girlfriends in Centre Parcs for a weekend. I'm sure you will say I'm mad but its only for 10 days and I love it. My friends here keep asking me when I will stop feeling the need to go, so I will answer that when I get back after this trip.... I have to say I am interested to see if its as grim there as the news makes out.

Best wishes and as Jules says keep in touch with news of your new arrival. When is it due?

Sx

Ps Jules, any news of your visa? I hope its not long now.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:48 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Ps Jules, any news of your visa? I hope its not long now.
Our case officer's gone on holiday now until the 10th February

Ho Hum!!

Everything worth having is worth waiting for

Glad things are going so well for you over East. I must admit, I'd like to return to the UK for a spot of shopping and stuff, but OH has absolutely no desire to go whatsoever! It's blooming expensive too

Have a lovely Australia Day weekend everyone!

Jules x
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader

I know..!!!

Why would ya..?

Catchya,
Rogue.
Thats great news about the PR!!!! so tell me more of your plans???

We have just applied for our Green card, even though we don't plan on being here long term it is nice to have, were looking at a move within the next 24 month or so, seems so long off but i'm sure it will blow by the last two years have.

Were just about to plan a two week vacation to Brisbane sometime in July so if anyones around...the beers on me and Jill.

Regards

Mark
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Not been on in a while - updates seem sporadic at best.

So having ploughed through a bit - to all the new applicants - good on ya, the person who is a midwife - get sponsored if you can!

As midlife crisis says, it is possible to become employed and get 'instant pr' through your company if they wil sponsor you, wish we had known this and not rushed in to a business.

Congrats to BM615 on the PR and the Rogues - see you popped in after 2 years and popped straight back out again! good to hear you are doing well, I see a couple called Andy and Lindsay who know you and stayed with you. Hope all goes well with the new baby.

Mark - can't believe you will still be headed this way! will your eldest say at uni in Florida?

Irish John - as others said about the property thing - I know that owning rental property doesn't count to PR but property development profit may do?? you would be best to check it out with immigration SA. You should also be able to get around the FIRB approval by buying all the properties in an australian company name.

There are a few differences in business here we found at the start, but you learn quick and adapt.

can't wait to apply for PR, interesting it is now in Adelaide. What sort of further info is being requested? I know the next step is business visa again- does this mean we have to continue operating a business here forever or we will be kicked out or can we do as we please once we have PR? We are probably going to encounter problems as we have a timing issue with hitting 2 years and not being likely to renew our lease - but will face it when it comes.

To all you on your way - be prepared for it being very tough at the start and it will be even tougher than that! I personally think this is a hard visa to come o (probably didn't help having a new baby 9 months in!!!)n, but it will make you stronger and if there is no other option of getting here, it works.

Good luck all
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

[, the person who is a midwife - get sponsored if you can!

That would be me and am attempting just that! Will fly out in March to stamp our visas so my intention is to seek a job offer whilst there too pending skills assesment for PR.

Thanks for tip!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how long the state (SA in particular) sponsorship is valid for, ie is there a time limit from getting it to lodging a 163 application. We don't want to start process too soon as not yet ready to settle permanently in OZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.