business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:50 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by The Vallies
How did you enjoy the boat show?

We spent around 4 hours there, drooling.........., now we want a boat, a jet ski and all the inflatable toys you drag around the back!! If only we hadnt bought a house!!
Hi gang,

The boat show was OK. Kids were a nightmare, but the boats were cool! It helped fill a few hours on a Satuday with dreams of more debt, that's for sure

On the site today they've delivered the portaloo! I'm SO excited! Can't wait to post a piccie on the blog (sad cow, I know!).

Spoke to Bernie today (from PJ&B), they are OK but finding the business slow..... On the plus side though, their house is coming along beautifully and they should be in for Xmas! Lucky buggers!

Take care all, have a fabby week.

Jules x
Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Since 18/10/06 beautiful Halls Head, Mandurah, WA previously Woking, Surrey
clevehurst is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Eeeeee! It's all happening! The shipper's turned up for their first day today, they'll be coming back tomorrow and Wednesday! They worked like Trojans - we're going to end up with a 40' container.

And .... eeeeee! Booked the flights this afternoon, flying out 17th October with Singapore Airlines, will be faxing off visas etc. tomorrow to get 40kg allowance. Nearly made the mistake of flying Qantas, who are apparently not so keen on upping the allowance?

Anyone else fly Singapore Airlines? What were there experiences? (We are stopping off in Singapore for a couple of hours). What's the leg room and the service like??

Kim x
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by clevehurst
Eeeeee! It's all happening! The shipper's turned up for their first day today, they'll be coming back tomorrow and Wednesday! They worked like Trojans - we're going to end up with a 40' container.

And .... eeeeee! Booked the flights this afternoon, flying out 17th October with Singapore Airlines, will be faxing off visas etc. tomorrow to get 40kg allowance. Nearly made the mistake of flying Qantas, who are apparently not so keen on upping the allowance?

Anyone else fly Singapore Airlines? What were there experiences? (We are stopping off in Singapore for a couple of hours). What's the leg room and the service like??

Kim x
Hi Kim

We flew Singapore airlines to Brisbane when we came in May. We really like their service and they gave the kids a spongebob toy to play with too! They even arranged a birthday cake for Emily as she was 8 the day we arrived in Singapore. Leg room is not too bad either, and their entertainment system is really really good with loads on on-demand movies, games, quizzes, music etc. with your own console in each seat. Lovely food too!

We stopped in Singapore over 2 days and a night so we managed to see a bit of the place, but the airport is really wonderful if you've only got a couple of hours and has won loads of awards in it's own right.

I'm sure you'll have a great journey!

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Location: Since 18/10/06 beautiful Halls Head, Mandurah, WA previously Woking, Surrey

Originally Posted by Boogie65
Hi Kim

We flew Singapore airlines to Brisbane when we came in May. We really like their service and they gave the kids a spongebob toy to play with too! They even arranged a birthday cake for Emily as she was 8 the day we arrived in Singapore. Leg room is not too bad either, and their entertainment system is really really good with loads on on-demand movies, games, quizzes, music etc. with your own console in each seat. Lovely food too!

We stopped in Singapore over 2 days and a night so we managed to see a bit of the place, but the airport is really wonderful if you've only got a couple of hours and has won loads of awards in it's own right.

I'm sure you'll have a great journey!

Best wishes
Chrissy
Excellent! Thanks for that Chrissy. You never know, do you, what an airline will be like when you haven't flown with them before? Sounds as though it we'll be fine - can't wait now!
Thanks again,
Kim x
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Did anyone else on a 163 visa have trouble trying to get 40kg baggage allowance? We have booked with Singapore Airlines and were originally told that if the travel agent faxed copies of our passports and visas to the company selling the Singapore Airline flight, that we would be able to have the 40kg.

Except, today, we were told that you could only do that if your visa was "Permanent Stay".

Now the travel agent is going to have to write a letter to pull on the heartstrings of Singapore Airlines direct, with copies of shipping inventories etc. because their company policy is the same, and will only consider other visas on a case by case scenario. Problem is now, our kids have held back their bikes from the shippers, as they wanted to take them on the plane.

Aaaaggghhh!!!!

Kim
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 2:17 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaggghhh!!!!

Kim
Sorry, can't help on this one as we didn't even try. The thought of five days in Hong Kong with all that extra luggage didn't appeal. Trying to get three cases, a buggy, car seat and three kids on and off the plane was enough for me.

Good luck trying though - I'm sure someone here will have an answer!

Jules x
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Did anyone else on a 163 visa have trouble trying to get 40kg baggage allowance? We have booked with Singapore Airlines and were originally told that if the travel agent faxed copies of our passports and visas to the company selling the Singapore Airline flight, that we would be able to have the 40kg.

Except, today, we were told that you could only do that if your visa was "Permanent Stay".

Now the travel agent is going to have to write a letter to pull on the heartstrings of Singapore Airlines direct, with copies of shipping inventories etc. because their company policy is the same, and will only consider other visas on a case by case scenario. Problem is now, our kids have held back their bikes from the shippers, as they wanted to take them on the plane.

Aaaaggghhh!!!!

Kim
Hi Kim

We flew Singapore airlines too as you know and we were also told that we would only get normal allowance because it's not classed as permanent stay. So we tried our hardest to make sure we only took enough stuff not to go over the allowance, but when it came down to it we weighed our cases on the morning of flying and we were definitely over by around 10kg.

We were steeling ourselves at the airport to jetison some stuff if they kicked up a fuss and tried to make us pay excess baggage, but in the end they didn't bat an eyelid! The guy just asked us if we were emigrating and we said yes, and he let everything go. It was a bit annoying really cos we would have taken much more in the cases had we known we would get away with it.

Then we were a bit worried because we had been told previously that if you have a stopover, you only get the extra allowance on the first leg of the journey (which is a bit daft I know). But again from Singapore to Brisbane they didn't bat an eyelid.

It's possible it might also have something to do with the time of year you travel, cos our flights were nowhere near full so I guess it wouldn't have mattered that much to them to have extras.

Best of luck with it anyway

Chrissy
x
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:56 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

G'day...!!!!!!

I was involved in a 3-way business discussion yesterday (over a carton of Carlton Crown no less..!! )

Aussie 'A' provides some interesting information...
Aussie 'B' enquires, "Fair Dinkum?"
Aussie 'A' replies, "Ridgie-Didge!"
Rogue Trader opens another 'Crownie' and smiles... trying to give the impression he has the first idea what has just been said

Man... I just LOVE these people and this place...!!!!
Why the hell didn't we make this move YEARS ago??

God bless the lucky country..!!

Catch ya,
RT x
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
G'day...!!!!!!

I was involved in a 3-way business discussion yesterday (over a carton of Carlton Crown no less..!! )

Aussie 'A' provides some interesting information...
Aussie 'B' enquires, "Fair Dinkum?"
Aussie 'A' replies, "Ridgie-Didge!"
Rogue Trader opens another 'Crownie' and smiles... trying to give the impression he has the first idea what has just been said

Man... I just LOVE these people and this place...!!!!
Why the hell didn't we make this move YEARS ago??

God bless the lucky country..!!

Catch ya,
RT x

Never underestimate the difficulties of learning a new language!

Also don't forget if they don't understand you just say it again ....only louder
Old Aug 28th 2006, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Mrs Rogue is on a distinguished road

Hey,

How are you all today?

Me? Well, what can I say....

The sun is in the sky....
God is in heaven....
Beer is in the fridge....
And life is GREAT!

And so to all whom are already living the dream, hope the "OMG we live here!" never wears away.

And to all still waiting - keep on keeping on because as we have said before it is sooooooooooooooooo worth it.

God bless you all
Sarah xx
Old Aug 28th 2006, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Mrs Rogue is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by julesandco
Just to share our news............. we have a slab!!!

Laid today in all that rain can you believe?

Wow!!! your very own slab..... you guys must be very excited. Good on ya.

Keep us posted.

See ya soon

God bless
Sarah x
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:43 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrs Rogue
Hey,

How are you all today?

Me? Well, what can I say....

The sun is in the sky....
God is in heaven....
Beer is in the fridge....
And life is GREAT!

And so to all whom are already living the dream, hope the "OMG we live here!" never wears away.

And to all still waiting - keep on keeping on because as we have said before it is sooooooooooooooooo worth it.

God bless you all
Sarah xx
Hey Guys!!!

So great to hear from you.... I know..... I owe you a call! Dont seem to have 2 mins at the mo!!! But its all good!! I will make time soon, I promise!!

My email notification doesnt work at all on this thread anymore, how weird, if I post on other threads I get the email straight away - hey ho!

The Vallie household too are thoroughly enjoying living the dream! The kiddies have never been so active, and on Satuday Hannah played Auskick at the Subiaco Oval, before the real game, it was sooooo exciting!!

Hope all the 163'ers are doing good mate!

Jules...... hows your slab???

ATB

Nicola
x
Old Aug 31st 2006, 2:45 am

Nicola and Sarah - I might have to add you both to ignore if you persist in being so damn cheeery!

Seriously, Sarah it's good to see you posting. This thread has got serious Rogue withdrawal symptoms.

Wow Nicola - how fantastic that Hannah got to do that in the stadium!!! Wish I'd have known, I would have given you a few flyers to place on people's seat for us - wouldn't have taken you long

Glad to hear everyone's in good spirits. We haven't made a huge amount of progress on the house - slab is drying out nicely, we have a portaloo and storage shed and the window frames were delivered this week. Oh - they have 'done' the drainage, which I suppose is quite important, but not a lot to see! The bricks should be coming late this week or early next......

Roll on Summer, I'm starting to get webbed feet!

Take care all - have a great Father's Day this weekend - anyone got anything planned???

Lots of love,

Jules and the crew x
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:54 am

Kim,

How did you get on? Did you have any joy with Singapore Airlines?

Jules
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi kim

we flew with singapore on the 8th of August from manchester. we booked the flights on the internet and rang emailed customer service pleading for our 40kgs each. we explained we were emigrating even though our visa says temporary imformed them we had sold the house our stuff had been shipped and hey presto we were granted the 40kgs each. Coudlnt get it in writing as apparently we didnt need it. we rang back around a week later and gave customer service our booking ref and the chap said not to worry it was on our booking ref saying we had been allocated 40kgs each. we spent the day at singapore zoo. the kids rode on an elephant saw a huge polar bear being fed and then returned to the airport and went swimming on the roof as planes landed in the background. Fabulous start a defo must do.

Anyway we have been here now for 3 weeks and bought a business nearly bought 2 houses and my oldest has started school. We are on the southern end of the gold coast and other than the rain of this past week it has been gorgeous weather.

My oldest has had surfing lessons and we bought him a surfboard for his birthday 8 on monday but due to the rain he hasnt been able to use it.

We are trying to buy in an area called Tallebudgera around 4 mins inland from Burleigh. Nathan wants arceage as we had a huge garden in the UK and Nathan is desperate to drive around his acreage with his ride on mower. I originally wanted waterfron but after looking at so many houses on tiny little blocks I agreed acreage is definatley the way we want to go.

Also its a buyers market on the gold coast so we are currently offering up to 100k below asking and getting some interesting bites. Just need to find a house we really want. Has anyone any idea how long it takes to get FIRB approval?

The business is commercial linen hire and we found it when we were back in the UK. Its in the service industry which is the area we feel is our expertise lies and has around 30 clients and has been operating for 4 years. Once our container arrives and I going to do the chocolate fountain again as well so hopefully we will be rolling in the dough again soon.

The great thing is the gold coast is full of accomadation so it shouldnt be too hard to grow and grow.

The area is beautiful with everything you want on your doorstep, except your UK friends of course. LOL Had a bout of homesickness last week but fine again now, think it was linked with PMS lol. Chrissy thanks for the pm only got it last week as we have been off line for a long time.

Sheila we will defo have to meet up for a swim and barbie once the weather clears.

One thing I cant get over is how expensive food is over here. Sandwiches for lunch around 6-7 bucks each.

Other than that private schooling is so cheap so that is a massive bonus and we bought a ford territory and got $9000 of the list price. I was pleased with that.

Anyway sorry it has been so long but I dont recieve my updates either as they go to my old outlook express and I dont know how to change it. TBH I cant even change my location from Sheffield to the GC.LOL

Anyway chaps tara for now, off to Brisbane to sort out the TFN and then going to the GC show.

NIcola
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.