business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

kegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nice
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll get onto the ATO straightaway. Although today seems to be not the day to get anyone to answer a phone. Something called the Melbourne Cup - I guess I'll get the idea by next November :-)

Good luck too to Gilly43 - I remember how stressed I got trying to second guess what exactly they wanted. It was the one thing I found the agent helpful for.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:26 am
Karen555

karen555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the rough

Hello everyone

Havent posted on this thread for ages but thought I'd let you know we're on our way to Perth!

Finally got the visa in October (1 year to the day we came over on our hols) and after a few setbacks with the house sale, we exchanged last week and move out on Friday.

Flights are booked for Sunday night and we arrive early hours next Tuesday. Still cant believe we're doing it, a bit scared now but very excited.

Thanks for all the help we've got from this thread over the last year or so and for the advice from those of you we met last year at Kings Park. I've kept in touch with Sarah and Ian and have their telephone numbers (hope she wont regret that)

Hope to catch up with some of you when we get there.

Karen, Tony, Erin and George
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:31 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that subclass 160 or 163 visas are temporary residency visas, and that this means you can access the exemptions that are available to "temporary tax residents":
http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...tent/76537.htm

These exemptions allow (amongst other things) overseas source investment income and capital gains to be received tax free.

If in doubt, I recommend all concerned take some good quality professional advice from an accountant who is fully conversant with visas and tax matters affecting newly arrived migrants.

Best regards.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:40 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karen555
Hello everyone

Havent posted on this thread for ages but thought I'd let you know we're on our way to Perth!

Finally got the visa in October (1 year to the day we came over on our hols) and after a few setbacks with the house sale, we exchanged last week and move out on Friday.

Flights are booked for Sunday night and we arrive early hours next Tuesday. Still cant believe we're doing it, a bit scared now but very excited.

Thanks for all the help we've got from this thread over the last year or so and for the advice from those of you we met last year at Kings Park. I've kept in touch with Sarah and Ian and have their telephone numbers (hope she wont regret that)

Hope to catch up with some of you when we get there.

Karen, Tony, Erin and George
Great news, send us a pm when you get here if u wanna meet up (for a soccer game??). Good luck with the final bits and pieces! All the best, the Vallies
x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Great news, send us a pm when you get here if u wanna meet up (for a soccer game??). Good luck with the final bits and pieces! All the best, the Vallies
x
Still keeping up the soccer eh???

Were in up to our eyeballs in it, our youngest (12) plays in the rec league, not very good be he enjoys it, the middle lad (14) and eldest 16 plays for Tampa Comets comp league they train 5 nights a week and a game on the weekends!!! I have even taken it up, I play on Sundys in a rec league, I have not got the speed I used to have but I can still hit the ball in the back on the net... 4 games 6 goals..all bow now
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:37 am
Karen555

karen555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the rough

x
Thanks Nicola

Would love to meet up. Think George would appreciate a kick about after a week or so with only Erin as company! Soccer's not her thing.

I will pm you the telephone number of where we're staying first of all as I'm not sure we'll be able to get online that often immediately.

Off for more sorting and packing. So much still to do!!!

See you soon
Karen
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:34 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wildmark
Still keeping up the soccer eh???

Were in up to our eyeballs in it, our youngest (12) plays in the rec league, not very good be he enjoys it, the middle lad (14) and eldest 16 plays for Tampa Comets comp league they train 5 nights a week and a game on the weekends!!! I have even taken it up, I play on Sundys in a rec league, I have not got the speed I used to have but I can still hit the ball in the back on the net... 4 games 6 goals..all bow now
Yep, soccer, tennis, teeball, actually not much room for much else - how lucky r these kiddies!! Go Mark, 6 goals!!!! Whooooaaaa - watch out Beckham! You will be after his job next! I am sure he wouldnt mind, he needs to follow his lovely (erm) wife on tour anyway!!

ATB Nic
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:46 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

Originally Posted by karen555
Thanks Nicola

Would love to meet up. Think George would appreciate a kick about after a week or so with only Erin as company! Soccer's not her thing.

I will pm you the telephone number of where we're staying first of all as I'm not sure we'll be able to get online that often immediately.

Off for more sorting and packing. So much still to do!!!

See you soon
Karen
Go for it! We do soccer 4 times a wk at mo, and its not even bloomin the right season!! Hey ho, its all good - stay in touch - Nic x
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Yep, soccer, tennis, teeball, actually not much room for much else - how lucky r these kiddies!! Go Mark, 6 goals!!!! Whooooaaaa - watch out Beckham! You will be after his job next! I am sure he wouldnt mind, he needs to follow his lovely (erm) wife on tour anyway!!

ATB Nic

Eldest has just signed up for a local rigby team they don't know there born.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:20 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

Whats rigby?
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Whats rigby?

opps! Rugby!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear you are all being so sporting.

Business is going OK here, very up and down, which seems to affect our mood somewhat! settling more, boys are doing great.

Was looking the other day (optimistically) at the 896 (or whatever the next visa is called) and it appears to read that we will be permanent residents but that we will never be entitled to family assistance or social security - does this also mean a pension in the future or any other cover? Just a bit confused does anyone else read it this way, coz I can't understand how you would pay into a system for the next 30 years or so and get no benefits if required.

I am not a scrouner just wondering if I am reading it right, also reads like you have to continue your business involvements, must say we were looking at getting PR then maybe doing something else. - I guess Steveyp you would know? ps how is it feeling being PR?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Great sport mate.League or Union?
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Boogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the roughBoogie65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by foxychic
Glad to hear you are all being so sporting.

Business is going OK here, very up and down, which seems to affect our mood somewhat! settling more, boys are doing great.

Was looking the other day (optimistically) at the 896 (or whatever the next visa is called) and it appears to read that we will be permanent residents but that we will never be entitled to family assistance or social security - does this also mean a pension in the future or any other cover? Just a bit confused does anyone else read it this way, coz I can't understand how you would pay into a system for the next 30 years or so and get no benefits if required.

I am not a scrouner just wondering if I am reading it right, also reads like you have to continue your business involvements, must say we were looking at getting PR then maybe doing something else. - I guess Steveyp you would know? ps how is it feeling being PR?
Hi Foxy

I'm reading it that way too, but not sure whether this excludes a pension in the future. You would hope not wouldn't you!

"The visa allows you to stay in Australia on a permanent basis for the purpose of owning a new or existing business." so I would read this as meaning that business activities are supposed to continue - but I guess there's nothing stopping you from selling your qualifying business and starting or buying something new!

We are about to enter our 2nd year in business, and I must admit we're finding things much harder than we anticipated. We both work extremely long hours, busting our guts to ensure we can meet the criteria for PR as quick as possible. We do feel settled, but won't feel totally settled until we get the golden ticket. "Life" as such is on hold because of working so much, way too little leisure time at the moment so no time to actually enjoy being here. Having said that, the kids have settled great and have their friends and clubs so that's all good. I know it will all be worth it in the end ....

Fingers crossed for you for more ups than downs very soon Foxy.

Best wishes
Chrissy
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

rhona is on a distinguished road

Ive got a state sponsored provisional business visa sub class 163, sponsored by the Victorian Government. Can anyone tell me if the sponsorship from Victoria runs out after a year of it being granted and if I need to reapply? I dont intend to go to oz until September next year but I was granted sponsorship in April 2007. I contacted the Victorian Government who told me id need to ask the dept of immigration but i cant seem to find who to contact there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.