business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by steveyp
Thanks Mate...
Coincidentally we considered a Florida move originally, but the business visa did not seem to lead to any kind of permanency.
I guess you are on a green card there? Can you go for citizenship eventually?
Cheers
Steve

Were on a L1 visa for 12 months, in October we go to renue for 3 years, thats a fast process, then as soon as that has been approved which should not be a problem, we can apply for a gree card, there taking 10-11 months to come thru, so by the end of next year we should be permenant, thats the plan anyway!

Mark
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:54 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kegsta
We're just outside of Berkhamsted in a small village called Aldbury. But I do know the Howard Centre as we did some business there last year. Funnily enough, Welwyn Garden City, particularly that part, reminds me more of Australia than most other places in the UK - clean, planned, newish and lots of green! (the other is Milton Keynes, but I definitely wouldn't want to live there!) Yours is one of the stories I've been following for the past few years, so great to "meet" you. Hope the business is doing okay. I realise it's going to be tough, but we've been to Oz six times and already have some distribution out there, so hopefully we'll have a reasonable start. When did you last come back to the UK?
Hi Kerry,

We haven't been back to the UK yet for a holiday - we've been here 2 years in November (good grief - where does the time go??)

Things are going well; the kids are settled in school, the house is coming along and business is (touch wood) going well.

Seeing as you've spent so much time in Oz and you already have a grasp of business, I'm sure you'll be OK

What part of the sunshine coast are you headed to? They've got terrible floods there at the moment, so bring a pair of wellies!

Good luck for the coming weeks; it's tough at the end leaving friends and family.

Take care,

Jules x
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi Kerry,

We haven't been back to the UK yet for a holiday - we've been here 2 years in November (good grief - where does the time go??)

Things are going well; the kids are settled in school, the house is coming along and business is (touch wood) going well.

Seeing as you've spent so much time in Oz and you already have a grasp of business, I'm sure you'll be OK

What part of the sunshine coast are you headed to? They've got terrible floods there at the moment, so bring a pair of wellies!

Good luck for the coming weeks; it's tough at the end leaving friends and family.

Take care,

Jules x
Wow 2 years?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

That time has really flown, it seems weird because I feel like I know lots of the people on this thread even though we have never met becasue we have been through the trials and tribulations together, we are just coming to the party later!

We are going for the unit we have seen to lease, so its all a bit too much of a rush, more than we thought, my head is spinning, Nathan is at work, and I feel like I don't know where to start, got to register the business name etc - might ask for a vote on here of best names!!

Trying to get through to the government dept that is supposed to offer help to the likes of us to try to ensure we don't make any major mistakes along the way, in the rush, that should be avoided.

Bet you have a huge weight off now steveyp. Congrats, keep watching your blog Jules, it is great and has inspired me to do my own.

Take care all

Rachel

Mark - you sound so settled in Florida, I know you were going for WA initially, do you ever long for there or are you totally settled in Florida

Last edited by foxychic; Aug 29th 2007 at 1:42 am. Reason: add to text
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by foxychic
That time has really flown, it seems weird because I feel like I know lots of the people on this thread even though we have never met becasue we have been through the trials and tribulations together, we are just coming to the party later!

We are going for the unit we have seen to lease, so its all a bit too much of a rush, more than we thought, my head is spinning, Nathan is at work, and I feel like I don't know where to start, got to register the business name etc - might ask for a vote on here of best names!!

Trying to get through to the government dept that is supposed to offer help to the likes of us to try to ensure we don't make any major mistakes along the way, in the rush, that should be avoided.

Bet you have a huge weight off now steveyp. Congrats, keep watching your blog Jules, it is great and has inspired me to do my own.

Take care all

Rachel

Mark - you sound so settled in Florida, I know you were going for WA initially, do you ever long for there or are you totally settled in Florida
Were settled but I still don't have that...this is where I want to spend the rest of my life, weird really but every now and then I wonder:curse:

I must have Gypsy blood in me!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Hey guys - have we all gone to sleep???

Where is Southcave News?? Are you in perth now?

Are we gonna do a meet in Kings Park this Spring??

bryan & joyce
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:06 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BM615

bryan & joyce
I know - you get fed up talking to yourself, don't you

We're up for a get together. Kings Park would be fab - just say when.

Jules x
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BM615

bryan & joyce
This seems to be a feature of the thread, as soon as most guys get their visa, there gone.. shame really I would love an update from the Rogues, the Canadian lady etc tec...anyone here from these guys?

I sent a couple of emails to the Rogues but got nothing back
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by wildmark
This seems to be a feature of the thread, as soon as most guys get their visa, there gone.. shame really I would love an update from the Rogues, the Canadian lady etc tec...anyone here from these guys?

I sent a couple of emails to the Rogues but got nothing back
Perhaps they'll resurface when they apply for PR to obsess about paperclips or staples again
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by julesandco
Perhaps they'll resurface when they apply for PR to obsess about paperclips or staples again

Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:15 pm

Perhaps we should start our own thread Mark - we've obviously got too much time on our hands compared to the others!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to talk to you this week Jules, strange to speak to you 'in the flesh' hope to catch up. Would like to visit Perth one day soon and it would be good to meet up with some of you.

We didn't get the first shop we went for but we have now signed a lease on a bigger (and more expensive) shop we start the lease on the 15 OCtober but have the keys now to start sorting stuff, we are putting together scary big stock orders so our lovely bank balance will start to rapidly drop, beginning to feel a bit more organised and it feels good to have something to really focus on, just have to hope we have picked a good spot.

Move into our new house 10 October which will be lovely to get all our own stuff back, our own space and family life to return to something approaching normal again as it has been 3 months since we left our home now.

take care all
Old Sep 30th 2007, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Nice to talk to you this week Jules, strange to speak to you 'in the flesh' hope to catch up. Would like to visit Perth one day soon and it would be good to meet up with some of you.

We didn't get the first shop we went for but we have now signed a lease on a bigger (and more expensive) shop we start the lease on the 15 OCtober but have the keys now to start sorting stuff, we are putting together scary big stock orders so our lovely bank balance will start to rapidly drop, beginning to feel a bit more organised and it feels good to have something to really focus on, just have to hope we have picked a good spot.

Move into our new house 10 October which will be lovely to get all our own stuff back, our own space and family life to return to something approaching normal again as it has been 3 months since we left our home now.

take care all
Congratulations Foxy - your next task - delicious as it is - is to change your location from Yorkshire to downunder

cheers

bryan & Joyce
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

take care all
Wel;l done, took a while eh...give us an update over the last 3 months would love to hear.

Were all doing great, after a what seemed forever getting the business going its really taken off and were way, way ahead of our predictions The kids are settling in very well the oldest (16) has a great group of friends the younger (14) has also just got a good group of friends and so has the youngest (12) so Jills very happy, when there happy... she's happy.
We have booked 'dirty' weekend away in two weeks, were staying at Sanibel Island near Fort Myers and we have booked a mountain cabin up at Pigion Forg, Tennessee for the week between Christmas and New Year, so were looking forward to some cold and hills.

How is everyone else doing...how about and quick update from everyone?

Mark
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:57 pm
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Wel;l done, took a while eh...give us an update over the last 3 months would love to hear.

Were all doing great, after a what seemed forever getting the business going its really taken off and were way, way ahead of our predictions The kids are settling in very well the oldest (16) has a great group of friends the younger (14) has also just got a good group of friends and so has the youngest (12) so Jills very happy, when there happy... she's happy.
We have booked 'dirty' weekend away in two weeks, were staying at Sanibel Island near Fort Myers and we have booked a mountain cabin up at Pigion Forg, Tennessee for the week between Christmas and New Year, so were looking forward to some cold and hills.

How is everyone else doing...how about and quick update from everyone?

Mark
Hey Mark!

Glad to hear things all going great!! Enjoy your weekend away (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

We are having the best ever time in WA - the business is doing great, the kiddies are having a ball, we have some awesome friends, and, actually, life doesnt get better than this!! No complaints at all - best move we ever, ever made!

All the best to everyone, hope it all works out for you all!

Nicola

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.