business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Jan 27th 2007, 2:57 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by wildmark
Got to go - carpets to clean!!!!
WOW - that WAS quick (in the end, if you get what I mean!).

Congrats guys. Hope everything goes smoothly with the flight and you thoroughly deserve your 15 minutes of 'smug' - maybe even an extension!

All the best guys - look forward to the update from the pool with a Martini!

Jules x
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by foxychic
Feeling really flat and fed up at the moment, we do have a house offer, but their house has still to sell, they just put it on the market last week, we have had a steady stream of viewers, but only this one offer, so fingers crossed it will work out. Regarding the business, we have had slightly more interest, but from people who seem to be struggling to raise the finance, we have just placed an ad in a trade magazine due out next week so hopefully that will generate more interest. It is really crap as we were so psyched up to go that now it seems hard to maintain that excitement and plan what will happen when we eventually arrive, which is probably a bit dangerous, plus we are going to be cutting it fine with our 4 years as we validated Feb 06!

When we do arrive, we are certainly be going to take a trip to Perth and hopefully meet a lot of you guys in person!

Happy new year everyone (belatedly)

Good luck with the rest of the process Steve - I am sure it will all be 'no worries'

Foxy
Hey Foxy,

Do not fret. I don't know how you have planned your business investment - but there are loads of businesses for sale which will qualify you for PR after the 2 year period is up.

And that's in all the states - you just need to be careful since some make a living out of bvuilding businesses on shifting sands, just to sell on the quick to immigrants. However, you both sound quite canny - so I'm sure you won't get stuffed.

You really do deserve some luck clearing your final hurdles

good lcuk

bryan
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

livid will become famous soon enoughlivid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by livid
Hi All

Not all that much to report from here ...

We have decided that our 1st choice for a state application is NSW ! if they don't like our ideas we will go back to plan A i.e. Victoria

The research for the business plan has taken a lot longer (probably because I did more detail than I needed too !) but there you go. I have most of the documentation incl. valuations, reference letters, the cost of every licence, application etc etc & the address where to apply ...I am at the stage now where we are just about ready to lodge, but have decided to hold off till end Feb as we will have new financials then & it will be easier to get original bank statements for that date if we pre order them.

In the meantime I have a question regarding State school fees for immigrants on Temporary resident Visas incl.163ers

I know this question has been asked (and answered) numerous times, but I still didn't see a clear answer.

So I did some online research & found the best source to be here at the schools section of the NSW Dept. of Education.
I am still confused & this figure of AU$ 4500+ PA per child represents a lot of money (in my budget anyway) as we have 2 kids and we will be TR's on a 160 or 163 for at least 2 years before we are allowed to apply for PR.

If you follow the links here to the section for international students under Temporary Residents Program
"Temporary Resident and Visitor Visa Holders Enrolment Conditions
Students holding Temporary Resident Visas (including Business Visa holders, Dependent Student Visa holders, Student Guardian Visa holders, their dependents and Bridging Visa holders) and Visitor Visas have the opportunity to study at a NSW government school. Students holding these visas enrol through the International Student Centre Temporary Visa Holders Unit (TVHU)."

it gives an outline as to what class of visa's constitute "temporary residents" & there we are "160-165 and 300's"

read further down under "Conditions for Enrolment"
"Most students who hold a Temporary Resident Visa must pay a Temporary Visa Holders Education Fee and Administration Fee for enrolment in a NSW government school. Refer to Fees and Payment" so I follow the link here and it hits me like a slap in the face (actually more like several left right combination punches)

"Fees and Payment

Most students holding a Temporary Resident Visa are required to pay the Temporary Visa Holders Education Fee and an Administration fee. Please refer to the Schedule of Visas (pdf 34kb)

The NSW Department of Education and Training reserves the right to vary fees. Applicants will be required to pay the adjusted fees from the date of variation.

The fees for a 12-month period are:

Years 11 - 12 Senior High School A$5,500.00
Years 7 - 10 Junior High School A$4,500.00
Years K - 6 Primary School A$4,500.00
Administration Fee: A$110 (non-refundable and GST inclusive) for initial enrolment"

What am I thinking ? ... no Foxtel, no restuarants, "hostel" type food for 2 years at least ... maybe just register in private schools, its not too much more expensive...maybe we should give up on NSW and look at going to another another state

But then I follow the link here to Schedule of Visas

Lo & behold under our visa class 160 or 163 where I crosssection on the little matrix "TVHP fees payable" ..... "NO"

now what am I thinking ? well there are lots of ways I (& Mrs Livid) can better use AU$ 18 000.00 than the NSW govt & besides they are rich !

Please can I get your opinions and experiences on this & just to help me sleep better, if someone in NSW could please ask at their kids school when they go back next week, I just want to know the answer !

Thanks in anticipation

Livid
Hi everyone, (thanks for your interest & input on this confusing matter, but just what I needed to GUOMA !), I woke up early this AM & rang them myself ...& I got a late xmas present !

"Thank you for your inquiry. I can inform you that as a holder of a 163 visa subclass there are no education fees payable to the Temporary Visa Holders Program, however as a temporary resident you must still enrol through our program. You will need to submit the following documents:

Ø A completed application form (which has been attached)

Ø A copy of the child’s passport

Ø A copy of the child’s visa

There may be payments of voluntary school contributions and additional fees for certain subjects or optional extension activities charged by the school. These types of fees and charges apply to all students, including permanent Australian residents and temporary residents.

I trust this has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards
"

I hope this info may have saved someone else a "few bob" too or at least a nasty surprise .... like some I've heard.

He did confirm that it is also possible for 457 etc holders to apply for a reduction for single parents or single income couple with a younger child but was not sure of what the exact criteria is ...

"LIVIN"
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

UPDATE;

Well we have been in sunny ( ) Florida for 10 days and spent most of it cleaning the house, its been sat for 6 months...its now clean!, very clean. we have been spending money like its going out of fashion!!!! we must have gone thru $20k already, to anyone who goes to Florida or Oz its going to cost,!!! the boys are all in school and loving it, I even picked up jills car today which is big, big and big, i'l post pics of the house tommorow.

Got to go.

How is everything with everyone else, this thread is slowly dying!!!!

Mark
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:36 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

UPDATE;

Well we have been in sunny ( ) Florida for 10 days and spent most of it cleaning the house, its been sat for 6 months...its now clean!, very clean. we have been spending money like its going out of fashion!!!! we must have gone thru $20k already, to anyone who goes to Florida or Oz its going to cost,!!! the boys are all in school and loving it, I even picked up jills car today which is big, big and big, i'l post pics of the house tommorow.

Got to go.

How is everything with everyone else, this thread is slowly dying!!!!

Mark
Wow you guys!! You are there!!! Fantastic news!! Now get to work and start earning some money!!! Tehehe

We dont post much now, too busy having fun and living our dream!

But would be nice to hear everyones updates now and again - I know the Rogues are mega busy with their new house and business -they have just opened up a showroom - so they are all honkey dorey!

Andys software business is going really well, he is currently re-branding it and should have a website up and running soon - plus looking to employ someone soon.

All in all, life here in Oz is better than we could have hoped, hope you guys settle in to Florida the same!!

Let us know how things go Mark......

Nicola
x
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi, everyone.....I still read these posts trying to keep up with what everyone is doing!!!!

We're in the process of planning our visa to Us (Florida). Same as you Mark!!!!! What a strange turn around. We're hoping to go out in June to do a bit of a reky as far as areas go ready to start up our US branch of the business.

Just had the house valued so we know what sort of money we'll have to take with us etc etc....

Hope you're all doing well, it's great to still see you all chatting away, this thread has been going forever now.

BFN

Becky (Mrs Stumpysean)
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:37 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi, everyone.....I still read these posts trying to keep up with what everyone is doing!!!!

We're in the process of planning our visa to Us (Florida). Same as you Mark!!!!! What a strange turn around. We're hoping to go out in June to do a bit of a reky as far as areas go ready to start up our US branch of the business.

Just had the house valued so we know what sort of money we'll have to take with us etc etc....

Hope you're all doing well, it's great to still see you all chatting away, this thread has been going forever now.

BFN

Becky (Mrs Stumpysean)
How come Florida Becky? I thought you were coming to Perth - sorry if I missed it!

Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

southcavenews is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by The Vallies
How come Florida Becky? I thought you were coming to Perth - sorry if I missed it!

Hi all 163ers,Christmas has been and gone house up for sale now for 5mths still no buyers.We subbmitted our forms 2wks ago.Thankgod but what a great feeling.The emmigration aren,t slow in taking there fees.Have been told by our agent processing time are between 4-6months for Perth heres hoping.Hope everyone is still all upbeat and going on that journey they set out to go on
Best of luck Jacquiexxxx
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Vallies

Well it's a long story!
But basically, for us, it seems easier to get into Florida. We didn't quite have the required turnover for Oz but fir the criteria for US.

It started all because we went out to Florida at xmas with parents for a holiday really. Liked what we saw, looked at some houses and decided that we should look into the US. Another major factor being that it isn't anywhere near as far as OZ! Flight to Florida is only 9hrs so it makes it much more accessible for family & relatives to visit as well as us going backwards & forwards. Also cheaper flights!

There were a number of reasons really, too many to list on here but it's not because we didn't love Perth, we did. If it wasn't so far then we'd be there by now!!! But I have parents who want to move with us, that wouldn't be possible in Oz. Whereas it's much easier for them to stay for long periods of time in the US.

Glad to see everyones still happy in their new lives....I just hope we've made the right decision!!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

gregevan is an unknown quantity at this point

[CENTER][U]Applying for Sponsorship

Does anyone know if applications can be refused at this stage by the chosen state authority, even although all the criteria is met for the 163?

We are looking to apply to go to Victoria.

Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gregevan
[CENTER][U]Applying for Sponsorship

Does anyone know if applications can be refused at this stage by the chosen state authority, even although all the criteria is met for the 163?

We are looking to apply to go to Victoria.

I guess in theory, yes state nomination could be refused if they don't feel all criteria has been met. If you are meeting all the criteria and demonstrate a good level of research I can't see why they would though.

Best of luck with your application.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Hi,

I was just thinking about the people that posted on here but I have not heard from them for such a long time;

Does anyone know what happened to Pasha, and how are the rogues doing, and everyone else for that matter, how about a little roll call to see who is still around???

Were still getting straight, the boys are all in school and seem to be loving it, Jills car arrived a few days ago, pic enclosed, it cost about as much as a basic Honda civic in the Uk...just goes to show how much tax we were paying. Jills almost finished putting here touches to the house, I'll post some pics when its done.

Bye for now.

Mark & Jill
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-p1000187.jpg  
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:25 am
Victoria Bound

Stevef1968 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I was just thinking about the people that posted on here but I have not heard from them for such a long time;

Does anyone know what happened to Pasha, and how are the rogues doing, and everyone else for that matter, how about a little roll call to see who is still around???

Were still getting straight, the boys are all in school and seem to be loving it, Jills car arrived a few days ago, pic enclosed, it cost about as much as a basic Honda civic in the Uk...just goes to show how much tax we were paying. Jills almost finished putting here touches to the house, I'll post some pics when its done.

Bye for now.

Mark & Jill
Hi Mark, glad to hear things are getting sorted out for you all.

Haven't heard a thing about Pasha since they made the move, I know the last time Rouge posted he was very busy with the business but sounded as if they were having a ball - that won't surprise anyone who read his contributions to this thread.

We're in the position of having submitted visa application at start of Jan, have been allocated CO and just waiting. Back off to Vic for 3 week trip in Mid April but don't want visa to arrive before this as we don't want to use this trip to validate (too much to sort out here still) so have not front loaded med and PC's.

Have to say I'm trying not to think about the application but still find myself checking e-mails every day. Will be glad to know one way or the other now, seems like the process has taken so long - our timescale has dictated this unfortunately. Feel like I just want to get on with my life either in Oz or here, I'm just treading water at the moment and have been for sooooooo long.

Would be good to hear an update from any of the others who posted on this thread - those who have made it and anyone else like us who's still stuck in the UK.

All the best,

Stevef1968.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:36 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

Hi,

Bye for now.

Mark & Jill
Nice car! Glad you are all settling in great!

Havent heard a thing from Pasha either, but I know they made it - hopefully they are just really busy enjoying their news lives.

The Rogues too are very busy with their new business and stuff.

I am happy cause at last Eastenders has caught up! Tehehe - we left in April last year, and this week I watched the next episodes from where we left off!! Sad eh??!! Actually its a bit of an anti climax, cause I have got totally used to not watching telly!

What about Sheila and Chrissie too? They havent been on here for yonks, anyone heard about them?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Nicola
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Good to here from both of you, great to see everything is going to plan.

I found the wait the worst of all, i'm very impatient so when its out of your control...its horrible, but I can say the waite has been worth it. The weather has not been great, it maxed at 57 degrees today but was sunny, were getting all the residual weather from the North of the country thats getting battered.

We have our first guest coming for 4 days next week, there our friends from Canada, there coming to get away from 4 feet of snow per week and an average of -30

Shame nobody has heard from Pasha, I find it strange to be on a thread like this for 2-3 years then when they get over to Oz... nothing oh well.

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.