Wikiposts

Business Innovation subclass 188 visa

Old Oct 4th 2012, 4:11 am
Just Joined

mentos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Business Innovation subclass 188 visa

Hi guys, with the new SkillSelect, I noticed there is a Reports that shares the breakdown number of invitations for skilled independent and skilled regional provisional visa subclasses, this Oct 1st an 15th = 2000.

But I don't see any mention of how many number of invitations for business visa, can someone share with me any insights that I may be missing out on?

Thank you!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Business Innovation subclass 188 visa

I was browsing the skillselect and saw this result of only 3 migrants that were nominated Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) during August 2012 and no result for Business in Sept...

Do you reckon it's because there is not many qualified business applicants for 188 business visa, or is the rule really so strict for business visa that only resulted in 3 approved?

Thanks for any feedback to help me clear my doubts. (I saw the result here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...eport-2012-09/)

State/Territory Nominations August 2012

ACT NSW NT QLD SA TAS VIC WA Total
Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa
0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 3

Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Total
0 3 - - - - - - - - - - 3

Last edited by mentos; Oct 4th 2012 at 4:29 am.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 4:27 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentos
Hi guys, with the new SkillSelect, I noticed there is a Reports that shares the breakdown number of invitations for skilled independent and skilled regional provisional visa subclasses, this Oct 1st an 15th = 2000.

But I don't see any mention of how many number of invitations for business visa, can someone share with me any insights that I may be missing out on?

Thank you!
I've deleted the duplicate thread. The reason it didn't show up before is because you are under a certain post count, so posts with links in go into the moderation queue. It's all fine & dandy now.

I'd be surprised if they put the figures for business visas in with the GSM ones, to be honest. I don't know if they're in a separate location or not, but hopefully someone will be along shortly who may know.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 4:32 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I was browsing the skillselect and saw this result of only 3 migrants that were nominated Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) during August 2012... Do you reckon it's because there is not many qualified business applicants or is the rule really so strict for business visa that only resulted in 3 approved?

Thanks for any feedback to help me clear my doubts.

State/Territory Nominations August 2012

ACT NSW NT QLD SA TAS VIC WA Total
0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 3

Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Total
0 3 - - - - - - - - - - 3
Honestly, I have no idea at the moment. Do you have the link for that report? You should bear in mind that SkillSelect is in its infancy at the moment. Many people are wary of the new system, and it'll take a bit of time to get up to full speed. If you look at how many GSM visas have been done in the last couple of months, it's comparatively few really.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Yes, I wanted to say thank you for approving my thread. I understand the forum rule now.

I found the result here. And I was very surprised only 3 got approved state nomination.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:00 am

Yes, I wanted to say thank you for approving my thread. I understand the forum rule now.

I found the result here. And I was very surprised only 3 got approved state nomination.
No worries.

Thanks for the link. I wouldn't be worrying too much at the moment. As I said, it's only been going since July, so it's probably not up to speed yet.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:31 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be worrying too much at the moment.

=> If I was DIAC I'd be worrying about hitting the business skills program targets for 2012/13.

Best regards.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
I wouldn't be worrying too much at the moment.

=> If I was DIAC I'd be worrying about hitting the business skills program targets for 2012/13.

Best regards.
I'd be surprised if any targets get hit this year!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the humor.

May I know if my sequence is correct, once EOI submitted, and if candidate gets invited to apply the visa, this visa 188 checklist will be the list of documents to submit to IMMI AU?http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...-checklist.pdf

Wow quite a detailed list. I'm sure I will enjoy the process!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:59 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

You may need to bring together all the documents required for the visa application so they can be copied and sent to the State Government to which you apply for sponsorship of your visa application.

Check the requirements of the State in which you intend to live.

I anticipate you should apply for State Sponsorship before lodging the EoI.

Best regards.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 12:47 am
Just Joined

I've emailed the state department and was told to go ahead to submit EOI and it shall reach them, there is no separate state sponsorship. Please tell me that's true?

I've also read http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=3996 and http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=4230 which never explain where and how to apply for state sponsorship.

I found the link in QLD How to apply for State Sponsorship but it's no longer working.

I read in this thread there is a form to fill in, but I couldn't find the form.

Is there no more state sponsorship form with the new EOI Skillselect implemented? Or I'm missing out something important here on state sponsorship.

Last edited by mentos; Oct 5th 2012 at 12:50 am.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Hi guys, is there a site to view how many business visas granted todate?

I read this http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/27business.htm
The Business visa grant outcome for 2010-11 was 7796.

Just hope to see how far we are from this number for 2012 post July.

Thank you.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 2:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've emailed the state department and was told to go ahead to submit EOI and it shall reach them, there is no separate state sponsorship. Please tell me that's true?

I've also read http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=3996 and http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=4230 which never explain where and how to apply for state sponsorship.

I found the link in QLD How to apply for State Sponsorship but it's no longer working.

I read in this thread there is a form to fill in, but I couldn't find the form.

Is there no more state sponsorship form with the new EOI Skillselect implemented? Or I'm missing out something important here on state sponsorship.
That thread is from 2009. Skill Select was not running then.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Yes. Silly me to bring it up.

I read a blog which may provide some insights to the new change... Seems like state sponsorship is "merged" into skillselect.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 12:03 pm

Have you actually read any of the SkillSelect information? It does give details on how to apply.

Expression of Interest

This Expression of Interest must specify whether you are interested in the Business Innovation stream or the Investor stream. You must also indicate whether you are interested in just one or all states and territories. No supporting documentation is required at this time.

When your Expression of Interest is in SkillSelect, it can be viewed and a state or territory can decide whether to nominate you to apply for a visa. States and territories have their own criteria for deciding who they might nominate. In most cases, and before you are nominated, the relevant state or territory will contact you to discuss business possibilities.
Queensland have information about how to apply for business sponsorship here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.