Wikiposts

Budget for Medical Fees

Old Mar 13th 2006, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Mikey Finn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Budget for Medical Fees

Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to spend on medical fees for me and my wife,and three boys (3,5,7)?

Thanks in advance...
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Budget for Medical Fees

A few hundred!

Get the list of approved DRs from the DIMIA site and ring around I found a difference of £150 for a family of 4- can be worth the extra petrol to go further afield.

rammy girl.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikey Finn
Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to spend on medical fees for me and my wife,and three boys (3,5,7)?

Thanks in advance...
Hi
If its any help we've just booked meds for 2 adults and 2 kids 12 & 14 costing £575 including bloods and xrays....Its £40 for the xrays which kids under 11 dont need (i think)

Thats at Carlisle it does seem to vary up and down the country.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Thanks in advance...
2 adults, 2 kids (4 & 7) £340 in Bristol. IIRC an extra child would be £40.

Doctor was really nice too, although he's currently in Oz for a few weeks...
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:04 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

2 Adults and 2 Kids (5 & 7 ) Meds: £210 Adults, £100 Kids..............X-Ray: £140 Total: £450

Thanks in advance...
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:44 am
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks in advance...
In London (Kingston) 2 adults: approx £100 each for meds and £70 each for x-ray's.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by coolie
In London (Kingston) 2 adults: approx £100 each for meds and £70 each for x-ray's.
In Bath:
2 X Adults X-Rays £140
2 X Adults Meds £240
2 X Child Meds £120
Total:
£500 owch

We felt a bit ripped off for £60 for our 2 year old's medical which basically involved him being measured for weight, height and a quick poke of his stomach (about 3 mins work)...but the Doctor was very nice and saw us all together.
M
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:00 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey

Doctor was really nice too, although he's currently in Oz for a few weeks...

I'm not surprised given what he's earning!!!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Budget for Medical Fees

Originally Posted by iPom
I'm not surprised given what he's earning!!!
I think the phrase would be "laughing all the way to the bank!"

m
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:05 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Budget for Medical Fees

Originally Posted by mattvicki
I think the phrase would be "laughing all the way to the bank!"

m

I was stuck for a job in Aus, but I think I'll retrain as a doctor and then open my own immigration clinic.

Gosh, is it Monday? I'm meant to be on the golf course.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Budget for Medical Fees

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hi
If its any help we've just booked meds for 2 adults and 2 kids 12 & 14 costing £575 including bloods and xrays....Its £40 for the xrays which kids under 11 dont need (i think)

Thats at Carlisle it does seem to vary up and down the country.
Hi,we are planning on booking our meds at docs in Carlisle as we stay just across the border from there,are they busy just now,did you get booked straight away?Hope all goes well for you Cheers Claire and Dave
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Budget for Medical Fees

Originally Posted by mattvicki
In Bath:
2 X Adults X-Rays £140
2 X Adults Meds £240
2 X Child Meds £120
Total:
£500 owch

We felt a bit ripped off for £60 for our 2 year old's medical which basically involved him being measured for weight, height and a quick poke of his stomach (about 3 mins work)...but the Doctor was very nice and saw us all together.
M
Should have driven to Bristol and saved £160!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Mikey Finn is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Budget for Medical Fees

Originally Posted by rammygirl
A few hundred!

Get the list of approved DRs from the DIMIA site and ring around I found a difference of £150 for a family of 4- can be worth the extra petrol to go further afield.

rammy girl.
Thanks to everyone for the information - much appreciated. I'd better start saving up.

Mikey
Old Mar 14th 2006, 10:25 am
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks to everyone for the information - much appreciated. I'd better start saving up.

Mikey
Be sure to take all the forms with you.
When I called the radiologist they told me I don't need to bring anything. When I turned up they wanted the forms, passport photo and passport!

Form 160 is for x-rays
From 26 is for Doctor
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
160.pdf (58.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf
26.pdf (83.1 KB, 85 views)
Old Mar 14th 2006, 7:26 pm
Pigzmickey

Jensen Healey Wrote:
    > 2 adults, 2 kids (4 & 7) £340 in Bristol. IIRC an extra child
    > would be £40.
    >
    > Doctor was really nice too, although he's currently in Oz for a
    > few weeks...
    >
    > --
We used a doctor in Bristol too, Dr Semugoma. Very nice lady...

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.