Wikiposts

BTEC National Cert. for basic req.?

Old Feb 12th 2003, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

h0pe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BTEC National Cert. for basic req.?

I am a holder of a BTEC Nat. Certificate (not 'Higher') in Travel and Tourism completed here in the UK. I am currently trying to establish whether I satisfy basic requirements for Skilled Independent.

Does anybody have an idea whether the above qualification is considered 'post-secondary'? Or where I can find such information?

I seem to be in a strange position. I'm now awaiting my NAATI results which I am expecting to be positive. If so, I would be able to get 120 points in total

60 skill
20 English
25 age
5 work exp. (not in translation but bizzarely, it doesn't matter?)
5 spouse
5 community language

But, without a recognised post secondary qualification, I don't seem to satisfy basic requirements, right?

I am going mad. Any comments greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks
Hope
Old Feb 14th 2003, 8:37 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a BTEC (HNC) which was fine for computing. (group b or something...) but it would depend on your assessment center ??
Old Feb 14th 2003, 8:50 am
Just Joined

mandy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a BTEC HNC and have been advised by the AIWCW that it is the equivalent of an Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate IV - not sure if this helps you.

Why not try e-mailing the assessment authority for your career and see if they are able to advise

Good luck!
Old Feb 15th 2003, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

h0pe is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll do that, thanks! They may be able to give me an idea.

I don't intend to get assessed by them though, as I am already being assessed by NAATI - which will give me 60 points, rather than any tourism related occupation (my btec is in travel and tourism) which would only give me 40 or 50 pts.

Thanks again
-----------------
Hope

Originally posted by mandy1
I have a BTEC HNC and have been advised by the AIWCW that it is the equivalent of an Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate IV - not sure if this helps you.

Why not try e-mailing the assessment authority for your career and see if they are able to advise

Good luck!