Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Brother or Mother&Father sponsorship which is best?

Wikiposts

Brother or Mother&Father sponsorship which is best?

Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

lilly07 will become famous soon enough
Smile Brother or Mother&Father sponsorship which is best?

Hi there
I am just going for GSM as a bricklayer, have passed VETASESS and have a job offer from a aussie... want to get out asap without having to give my new employer a possible ball ache of sposorship which i think he has to proove he cant find anyone else to fill the job onshore...
My wife has family already there brother 24 years citizen and parents 14 years citizen... both are willing to sponsor but need to find out who would be best, parents are both 77 but have ability to look after us, her brother is 50 runs a very successful business and has the room and ability to look after us...
Its very unlikely we would ever need help from either but would it be easier to get brother to sponsor or will it make no difference.
thanx for your help..
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brother or Mother&Father sponsorship which is best?

Originally Posted by lilly07
Hi there
I am just going for GSM as a bricklayer, have passed VETASESS and have a job offer from a aussie... want to get out asap without having to give my new employer a possible ball ache of sposorship which i think he has to proove he cant find anyone else to fill the job onshore...
My wife has family already there brother 24 years citizen and parents 14 years citizen... both are willing to sponsor but need to find out who would be best, parents are both 77 but have ability to look after us, her brother is 50 runs a very successful business and has the room and ability to look after us...
Its very unlikely we would ever need help from either but would it be easier to get brother to sponsor or will it make no difference.
thanx for your help..
Makes no difference. If you are a family sponsored visa application yours will be put near the bottom of the priority pile. You are much better to go for state sponsorship instead.

Take a long read of booklet 6 at www.immi.gov.au
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

I am surprised having a job offer still puts us at the bottom of the pile... especially that till only a month ago bricklayers were on the critical list...

so people with no family sponsorship and not on the SOL will be before us???

state sposorship would be tricky as mildura is in the middle of nowhere and crosses victoria and NSW as such...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's unlikely but it does get overlooked.... do you have parents or siblings alive and does your wife have any siblings other than her brother in Oz? If not, she might qualify for a last remaining relative visa.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised having a job offer still puts us at the bottom of the pile... especially that till only a month ago bricklayers were on the critical list...

so people with no family sponsorship and not on the SOL will be before us???

state sposorship would be tricky as mildura is in the middle of nowhere and crosses victoria and NSW as such...
People with a job not on the SOL are not eligible for a visa. Unless the employer who offered the job is willing to sponsor for an employer sponsored visa (ENS or 457) your job offer doesn't mean anything toward speeding up your processing time.

Victoria state sponsorship would be the state for you. Mildura is in Vic and is considered rural.

Last edited by Dorothy; Apr 16th 2009 at 2:08 am.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Have checked booklet and have noted that to get state would mean a temporary visa rather than permanent so even though it takes less time we want to be sure once we are there we are there for good... plus we would have to stay in mildura or victoria state and my parents just happen to live in GOL GOL just over the Murray in NSW...

hoping we would be looking at 6months to get out... but that seems to change all the time...

this is a mighty long process and you seem to need an iron will to be a australian... which is good cause my wife is stubborn...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

have re read and now printed out am wrong it does give you a permanent..with state... will look further into it... thanx
Old Apr 16th 2009, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

unfortunately state is not an option..not on there list of wanted ... and it would be temporary for 1st year... think family is the way to go and patience..
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:33 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately state is not an option..not on there list of wanted ... and it would be temporary for 1st year... think family is the way to go and patience..
It's on NT, don't know if that's any good (baseline list)

http://www.migration.nt.gov.au/servi...entParentID=81

Cooler
Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Without putting a downer on anything, I assume you know that being on a so called critical list does not mean Australia is crying out for brickies and nor does it mean there is any work for new migrants. It's brilliant that you have a job offer in place but I think you need to go the speediest route before the builder concerned gets hit by the recession. Good luck with it.