Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Bring my 21 year old son across from UK - Help !!

Bring my 21 year old son across from UK - Help !!

Old Apr 16th 2015, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring my 21 year old son across from UK - Help !!

Originally Posted by MarkHoath
I think you are being pedantic.
A work travel visa will get the OPs son to Australia, but it won't give him any right to stay permanently. The OP hasn't stipulated whether his son wishes to reside in Australia temporarily or permanently. It'd probably help the OP to know that employer sponsorship for a 457 visa also won't give his son the permanent right to reside in Australia and he'd still have to look for a pathway to obtain permanent residency.

I'd hope if I was paying for immigration advice I'd get an agent pedantic enough to ascertain my longer term immigration goals. The kind advice of folks like Pollyanna saved me $1000s in fees that didn't need to be spent on a migration agent, but I guess that's why Mark's a bit sour