Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

ritu1234 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by anuruddha13
I've got my visa today yepppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm on 176 SS (SA) non-csl. (IT professional)
Application lodgement - 22nd May 2008
Medicals and PCC requested - Jan 2009
Set the application oh hold (due to wife's pregnancy) - Jan 2009
Baby's info/medicals/pcc sent - 02 Oct 2009
All docs were set to "Met" - 20 Oct 2009
Visa granted - 07 Dec 2009

Everybody on BE, thanks a million for the invaluable support, I couldn't have done this otherwise. (World is still a better place cos of people like you)

I sincerely wish that the rest of you all still waiting, would get the visas soon as well. Keep your hopes up

Finally, I don't hate Mondays anymore
Very great news we are following you..Congrats...I need one information please Could you please tell me whether your baby did the meds and pccs on the request of the CO ? Alternatively, whether you frontloadedyour baby's before CO's request?
thanks!
Ritu
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

anuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ritu1234
Very great news we are following you..Congrats...I need one information please Could you please tell me whether your baby did the meds and pccs on the request of the CO ? Alternatively, whether you frontloadedyour baby's before CO's request?
thanks!
Ritu
Thanks Ritu, No I didn't front load.
In jan 09 I informed the department to keep the application on hold till Sept 09. So they got back in early Sept 09 asking me to provide the,

Baby's passport details, birth certificate,form 1022 (Change in circumstances) and the medicals
PCC and medicals for myself and wife (PCC for infants not required)

Hope this helps.. let me know if you need more info and good luck.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:19 am
Just Joined

jduncan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application lodgement - 22nd May 2008
Medicals and PCC requested - Jan 2009
Set the application oh hold (due to wife's pregnancy) - Jan 2009
Baby's info/medicals/pcc sent - 02 Oct 2009
All docs were set to "Met" - 20 Oct 2009

Everybody on BE, thanks a million for the invaluable support, I couldn't have done this otherwise. (World is still a better place cos of people like you)

I sincerely wish that the rest of you all still waiting, would get the visas soon as well. Keep your hopes up

Congratulations to you and your family!!

We got ours approved this morning too!!!!!!!OMG!!!HAPPY!!!!

Im on 176 (WA) family sponsored non-csl hairdresser
Application lodged 7/7/08
Meds and police checks 2/01/08
changed to state sponsored april 09
SS approval Aug 09
Visa granted!!!! 7 Dec 09 YIPPEE!!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jduncan123

SS approval Aug 09
Congratulations!!!

Please, tell us have you done your meds on CO request or frontloaded?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:43 am
Just Joined

jduncan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Duncan_Mc
Congratulations!!!

Please, tell us have you done your meds on CO request or frontloaded?
Thankyou

We where asked to do our meds and pc from our agent in Jan 08 .
Got case officer end of aug 09!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:25 pm
"Its Not for Girls"

Yorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura about

Absolutely delighted for you. Well done.

SS approval Aug 09
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Pollyana has set up a thread , http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643460, for catagory 5 applicants who have recently been allocated a case office of received their visa grant.

If everyone can please post on this thread when they get allocated a case officer or visa grant it will be easier to see in one place what the trends are and may give an indication of how many cat 5 applications are currently being completed.

To make things easier to follow please use the following format:-

Visa type
Date of Lodgement
Date submitted meds/pcc's
Recent case officer allocation date
Visa grant date

Johnnyyt

Last edited by johnnyyt; Dec 7th 2009 at 11:41 pm. Reason: typo
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Application lodgement - 22nd May 2008 ours March 08
Medicals and PCC requested - Jan 2009 March 09
Set the application oh hold (due to wife's pregnancy) - Jan 2009 baby born August 09Baby's info/medicals/pcc sent - 02 Oct 2009 September 09All docs were set to "Met" - 20 Oct 2009

Congrats on the visa grant, my timeline is so similar to yours I hope some good news is coming our way.

Johnnyyt
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SS approval Aug 09

Congrats, lets hope they keep coming.

Johnnyyt
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

anuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Congrats on the visa grant, my timeline is so similar to yours I hope some good news is coming our way.

Johnnyyt
Great.. I'm sure you gonna hear the good news pretty soon..
Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Alex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really nice

Congrats to everybody from 176 who has received their visa.

BTW, is anybody aware if the same luck is coming to those who is in queue for their 175 visas? In fact, I am from those old dinosaurs who have applied for 136 BN visa (it was even before 175 was introduced) and I have been waiting for my visa for more than two years. All checks were done and medicine was sent right before new changes of January 2009 were introduced. A bit depressing, isn’t it?

What is more, in the middle of 2009 I decided to switch to 176 since I was tired of waiting. I have passed IELTS test and planned to send all documents for state sponsorship by October 2009. And you know what happened – September changes ruined my plans and left me in great frustration, so I didn’t apply for SS – what for? And now… Now who can tell me what in the mind of this headless chicken named Chris Evans? What should I expect next? I am really sorry for these emotions coming out, but I am really pissed off with this policy of changes because of changes.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

TaxPay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
Originally Posted by Alex_Oz
...old dinosaurs who have applied for 136 BN visa ...and I have been waiting for my visa for more than two years. All checks were done and medicine was sent right before new changes of January 2009 were introduced. A bit depressing, isn’t it?

What is more, in the middle of 2009 I decided to switch to 176 since I was tired of waiting...
... but I am really pissed off with this policy of changes because of changes.
Companion in misfortune
I've got the same situation (136 BN 30.08.2007), but I didn't make a decision to switch type of visa.
Our medicine will expire in January, and there's nothing for DIAC to worry about
Old Dec 13th 2009, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Alicita is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex_Oz

BTW, is anybody aware if the same luck is coming to those who is in queue for their 175 visas? In fact, I am from those old dinosaurs who have applied for 136 BN visa (it was even before 175 was introduced) and I have been waiting for my visa for more than two years. All checks were done and medicine was sent right before new changes of January 2009 were introduced. A bit depressing, isn’t it?

What should I expect next? I am really sorry for these emotions coming out, but I am really pissed off with this policy of changes because of changes.
Hi! I am in the same situation. I applied for 136 visa in August, 2007 and still waiting because my case was moved to the end of the queue after the introduction of new rules. My medicine and police clearance expired last year and it`s horrible! This is really unfair and I am not going to be silent about this. We need to struggle for our rights. So, let`s do it together!
Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:26 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

A short note to the last three posters - best to look at obtaining state sponsorship if at all possible, since we understand that applications within the state sponsored Category 5 will eventually be processed in order of original application, not state sponsorship.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Alex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really niceAlex_Oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by George Lombard
A short note to the last three posters - best to look at obtaining state sponsorship if at all possible, since we understand that applications within the state sponsored Category 5 will eventually be processed in order of original application, not state sponsorship.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Some strange thing happened... I has posted a message, but it was completely deleted without any warnings despite the fact that it did not contain anything against the Site rules, as I think. I will try to repeat it.

First of all, George, thanks a lot for your inputs.
I would surely follow your advice, if I were sure that next week (day, month) DIAC will not change the rules of the game (AGAIN).
At the moment, it seems like playing a game of russian roulette, with the only difference that the number of bullets is regulated by DIAC right in the middle of a spin.

By the way, there is a petition against the January 2009 changes introduced by DIAC - http://www.gopetition.com/online/31413.html. This petition may look similar to the one posted by Frank about September changes, but it is not the same! We will highly appreciate your support since there is a hope (small, but still) that this appeal may turn DIAC to pay attention to the issues of 175 applicants.

Thank you!

Last edited by Alex_Oz; Dec 14th 2009 at 7:03 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.