Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by George Lombard
can I recommend that you set up a thread for Category 5 people to report if their application has been finalised, and then try to determine what logic there might be in the finalisations?
George Lombard
I have seen two threads being started for this and they have both been closed down as 'BE is not a timeline site' and refer to the monthly threads.

**********open message to mods*****************

Trying to see trends of category 5 grants across all the monthly threads is too much to do, far better to have a thread with all the cat 5 grants in one place.

If BE does not want this fair enough, reply here and I will direct people to add their details on another forum (no not the one we can't mention on BE) which already has an extensive thread going.

Johnnyyt

Just to add - this post is meant to help and NOT criticize the actions of mods on BE
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
I have seen two threads being started for this and they have both been closed down as 'BE is not a timeline site' and refer to the monthly threads.

**********open message to mods*****************

Trying to see trends of category 5 grants across all the monthly threads is too much to do, far better to have a thread with all the cat 5 grants in one place.

If BE does not want this fair enough, reply here and I will direct people to add their details on another forum (no not the one we can't mention on BE) which already has an extensive thread going.

Joh

Just to add - this post is meant to help and NOT criticize the actions of mods on BE

Hi John

Please give us the link to the other forum.

thanks
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

1) Please don't try and lead members away from BE to other forums

2) We have been trying to stop a deluge of timeline threads which havebeen started on here in the last few months, fragmenting the forum into little pockets such as "Post your timeline if you have three cats, 2 budgies, 6 wives and are currently living in Somderstag". At one pit the whole of the first page o the Immi forum was timeline threads and people had actually stopped posting questions because no-one could find them to answer them! Since the crackdown we are getting more "proper" questions back

3) Please please Johnny - and the others - if you want to get a message to us like that, can you pm us, or do a report on the post, as we just don't get time to read every post in detail. This one would be slightly different, but because we have been trying to stamp out the deluge your point has been missed.

=========================
Try this for size

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643460

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 5th 2009 at 3:26 am.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:54 am
Just Joined

jduncan123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC times

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Where's your link to the source of this?
Hhahahahahahahah love it dorothy!!!!!!! keep up your spirit i say....wot else can we do but keep a sense of humour and look to the future xx
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

2) We have been trying to stop a deluge of timeline threads which havebeen started on here in the last few months, fragmenting the forum into little pockets such as "Post your timeline if you have three cats, 2 budgies, 6 wives and are currently living in Somderstag". At one pit the whole of the first page o the Immi forum was timeline threads and people had actually stopped posting questions because no-one could find them to answer them! Since the crackdown we are getting more "proper" questions back

3) Please please Johnny - and the others - if you want to get a message to us like that, can you pm us, or do a report on the post, as we just don't get time to read every post in detail. This one would be slightly different, but because we have been trying to stamp out the deluge your point has been missed.

Try this for size

Hi Pollyanna,
Must agree with you, have almost stopped coming on expats, as absolutely fed up with "when am I going to get my visa threads" or timelines.
Have in the past gained lots of usefull info from expats, keep up the good work.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:56 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by tomar
Hi Pollyanna,
Must agree with you, have almost stopped coming on expats, as absolutely fed up with "when am I going to get my visa threads" or timelines.
Have in the past gained lots of usefull info from expats, keep up the good work.
Glad we can be of help
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:59 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Try this for size

Hi Polly,
I have three cats, 2 budgies, 6 wives and am currently living in Somderstag (well, near there anyway), can you post the link to this please, as I have tried the search function and cannot find the thread and I really want to know how others like me are getting on with their applications

Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:05 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
Hi Polly,
I have three cats, 2 budgies, 6 wives and am currently living in Somderstag (well, near there anyway), can you post the link to this please, as I have tried the search function and cannot find the thread and I really want to know how others like me are getting on with their applications

www.thisisnotatimelinesite.com should do it
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

stuckinswansea will become famous soon enoughstuckinswansea will become famous soon enough
Default Re: DIAC times

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Where's your link to the source of this?
A quick Google reveals this to be an edited quote from Australia & New Zealand Magazine website credited to 'DIAC’s Regional Director for Europe'

------quote------
Australian visa application processing times update
Positive news has been announced by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) relating to the skilled visa processing changes announced in September. While previously all skilled visa applications not on the Critical Skills List (CSL) faced processing delays of up to 3 years, now non-CSL state sponsored applications are again being processed.

Immigration2oz.com attended a recent meeting with DIAC’s Regional Director for Europe at the Australian High Commission in London. This senior DIAC official stated that with 3500 non-CSL state sponsored applications currently lodged, processing on these applications will continue over the remainder of the Australian financial year (to June 30, 2010). The exact number that will be finalised in this time is unknown, as when higher prioritised applications are received, these must be processed first. Any non-CSL state sponsored applications not processed this financial are likely however to be processed in the next. This means that for many, the years of delay previously feared will not occur.

------quote------
Article link
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

rikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tomar
Hi Pollyanna,
Wow; not clicking on a thread must be such a problem for you.

There is room for all threads here; obviously the forum isn't keen on 'serving the expat community' after all.

How difficult would it be to have a sub forum just these types of thread; that way you wouldn't lose any members; but obviously that is far to good a suggestion to be actually considered.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:56 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rikmartin
Wow; not clicking on a thread must be such a problem for you.

There is room for all threads here; obviously the forum isn't keen on 'serving the expat community' after all.

How difficult would it be to have a sub forum just these types of thread; that way you wouldn't lose any members; but obviously that is far to good a suggestion to be actually considered.
It has already been considered but as we have the facility for members to put timelines in their signatures, plus there is a thread running for applicants in each month, it was thought unnecessary.
If you want it reconsidered I suggest you approach Sue (Admin) .

As for not serving the Expat community - seems to have been doing just that quite well for nearly ten years, so we must be doing something right.

=============================
Now can we get back on topic please
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

As George Lombard suggest someone please take a initiative to open a new thread for those who are on Priority Group 5. So we could keep a track on what basis DIAC processing Cat 5 applications.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:19 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by shafanm
As George Lombard suggest someone please take a initiative to open a new thread for those who are on Priority Group 5. So we could keep a track on what basis DIAC processing Cat 5 applications.
Discussed and done several hours ago.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=79
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

anuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really nice

I've got my visa today yepppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm on 176 SS (SA) non-csl. (IT professional)
Application lodgement - 22nd May 2008
Medicals and PCC requested - Jan 2009
Set the application oh hold (due to wife's pregnancy) - Jan 2009
Baby's info/medicals/pcc sent - 02 Oct 2009
All docs were set to "Met" - 20 Oct 2009
Visa granted - 07 Dec 2009

Everybody on BE, thanks a million for the invaluable support, I couldn't have done this otherwise. (World is still a better place cos of people like you)

I sincerely wish that the rest of you all still waiting, would get the visas soon as well. Keep your hopes up

Finally, I don't hate Mondays anymore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.