Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:43 am
  #61  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 57
taz2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by erco
just been out to Perth and got a look from over there regarding trades (solid plasterer too). been lodged since oct 2008 and went to look at chances of ENS. problem is not 1 of the employers (including TAFE colleges) know what ENS is . It isnt promoted over there and certainly not in the trades but the good news is that after christmas (approx feb) all the tradesmen i talked to are getting very busy. of course this has no relevance on DIAC as the 23rt Sept changes dont seem to be based on any evidence that i could see apart from panic.

Erco
We were told by our agent that we would not have much hope in getting a sponsor for the ENS route either. Especially for trades as they normally only get a 6 month contract at a time, if that. So trying to get a company to give a 3 year contract is going to be unlikely! So, looks like we are going to just have to sit it out for now at least!

Good to hear from another plasterer though!

Tasha
taz2008 is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:26 am
  #62  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 17
wings_and_fins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

based on my understanding on what I've read about this new development on category 5, the 3,500 is only an estimate of the number of ss non csl applications received by diac as at the time this news came about. the good thing though is that diac will already start processing the cat 5 applications on a first come first serve basis. so definitely those who are already in the final stage will receive their visas first...
wings_and_fins is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:53 am
  #63  
BE Forum Addict
 
johnnyyt's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Bourenmouth, Dorset.
Posts: 1,029
johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by wings_and_fins
based on my understanding on what I've read about this new development on category 5, the 3,500 is only an estimate of the number of ss non csl applications received by diac as at the time this news came about. the good thing though is that diac will already start processing the cat 5 applications on a first come first serve basis. so definitely those who are already in the final stage will receive their visas first...
Sorry to disagree with you but I suggest you need to read the ongoing threads on pomsinoz for a better understanding: they are very comprehensive with good input.
'so definitely those who are already in the final stage will receive their visas first...'
There is nothing definate about who will get granted first, final stage, decision ready, date of lodgement or case officer caseload, DIAC will process an application when they determine to do so.
Yes the recent announcements have said a SMALL no of cat 5 state sponsered non csl who have had meds & PCC's requested by a DIAC case officer will be finalised in order of date of lodgement but this will also depend on what case load each case officer/team have at present - some will be able to look at cat 5 applications and some will not.
There have been 2 visa grants announced on there for non csl cat 5 in the last 2 days and my understanding is that BOTH of them where lodged after my application.

Johnnyyt
johnnyyt is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:19 pm
  #64  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Now In KL Malaysia
Posts: 75
anuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really niceanuruddha13 is just really nice
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
........................There have been 2 visa grants announced on there for non csl cat 5 in the last 2 days and my understanding is that BOTH of them where lodged after my application.

Johnnyyt
This indeed a ray of hope....
I lodged my application (176 - SA sponsored non CSL) in May2008, but it had been on hold until the arrival of our baby girl (Sept 09).
Sent medicals for all 3 of us and all docs/requirements were changed to "Met". Then heard about the new changes so now going back again for hibernation.
anuruddha13 is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:27 pm
  #65  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 17
wings_and_fins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Sorry to disagree with you but I suggest you need to read the ongoing threads on pomsinoz for a better understanding: they are very comprehensive with good input.
'so definitely those who are already in the final stage will receive their visas first...'
There is nothing definate about who will get granted first, final stage, decision ready, date of lodgement or case officer caseload, DIAC will process an application when they determine to do so.
Yes the recent announcements have said a SMALL no of cat 5 state sponsered non csl who have had meds & PCC's requested by a DIAC case officer will be finalised in order of date of lodgement but this will also depend on what case load each case officer/team have at present - some will be able to look at cat 5 applications and some will not.
There have been 2 visa grants announced on there for non csl cat 5 in the last 2 days and my understanding is that BOTH of them where lodged after my application.

Johnnyyt
it's ok, but with what you are saying, is it possible now that newly lodge non csl ss applications may be processed ahead of those who are already awaiting final decision?
wings_and_fins is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:20 pm
  #66  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Bermudashorts's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 14,284
Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by wings_and_fins
it's ok, but with what you are saying, is it possible now that newly lodge non csl ss applications may be processed ahead of those who are already awaiting final decision?

Where do you get that from?

The earlier posting from George Lombard is the one that you should refer to. It indicates that SS non CSL applicants who were asked to do PCC / meds by CO are the ones who may get their visa granted soon. That would therefore not include newly lodged SS non CSL.
Bermudashorts is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:29 am
  #67  
Forum Regular
 
ritu1234's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 65
ritu1234 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Where do you get that from?

The earlier posting from George Lombard is the one that you should refer to. It indicates that SS non CSL applicants who were asked to do PCC / meds by CO are the ones who may get their visa granted soon. That would therefore not include newly lodged SS non CSL.
Hi,
Anybody knows about my application status? I have got request from my co ,medical and pcc,on april 09,finalized on june.May i come to under the 3500 list?
Shall i expect my visa next year ?
Thanks in advance
Ritu
ritu1234 is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:41 am
  #68  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Bermudashorts's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 14,284
Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by ritu1234
Hi,
Anybody knows about my application status? I have got request from my co ,medical and pcc,on april 09,finalized on june.May i come to under the 3500 list?
Shall i expect my visa next year ?
Thanks in advance
Ritu

Nobody knows about specific applications. The guidance known is already given on the thread, no point repeating it for every individual.

The one thing I am curious about with your application is that you were asked by CO to do meds and PCC but yet five months after these were finalized you still didn't have the grant. I thought CO asked for these last.
Bermudashorts is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 10:27 pm
  #69  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Wigan,England
Posts: 4
jduncan123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Further to the above, worth recalling the statistics in early October for the general skilled migration program, I must say it looks very much as though they're going to clear all the accumulated state sponsored visas:

State nominated with CSL, Unallocated 27, Allocated 720, Total 747
Family sponsored CSL, 1130, 279, 1409
All other CSL, 6335, 4289, 10624
All other State nominated, 3678, 0, 3678
MODL only, 12388, 0, 12388
Other, 15659, 0, 15659
Total, 39217, 5279, 44496
Hi George,

I know you dont know my case but was just wondering whether you think we may be one of the lucky ones and receive our SS for WA visa sometime soon as we got state approval on the 3 Aug 09 and had our C/O at the end of Aug 09. Our police checks ran out Nov 09 ( our agent asked for them before we wer given a C/O) and have sent new ones yesterday but our medicals run out on the 3rd Jan 2010..... More expense!!! Just wondered as ive heard rumours that DIAC will process visas to the people that their PCs and MEDS are due to expire thats all. Our agent wont tell us much apart from they are trying to push our application along with others.

Thanks,
Janet
jduncan123 is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 10:47 pm
  #70  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 122
hull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nice
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by jduncan123
Hi George,

I know you dont know my case but was just wondering whether you think we may be one of the lucky ones and receive our SS for WA visa sometime soon as we got state approval on the 3 Aug 09 and had our C/O at the end of Aug 09. Our police checks ran out Nov 09 ( our agent asked for them before we wer given a C/O) and have sent new ones yesterday but our medicals run out on the 3rd Jan 2010..... More expense!!! Just wondered as ive heard rumours that DIAC will process visas to the people that their PCs and MEDS are due to expire thats all. Our agent wont tell us much apart from they are trying to push our application along with others.

Thanks,
Janet
Who is your agent! we may have the same one! private message me the answer if you may! sounds very similar to my situation
hull2perth is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 10:59 pm
  #71  
Reg. Migration Agent
 
George Lombard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Inner Western suburbs of Sydney
Posts: 4,483
George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Just for people who are hoping to be in the fortunate few to have their Category 5 applications finalised shortly, can I recommend that you set up a thread for Category 5 people to report if their application has been finalised, and then try to determine what logic there might be in the finalisations? There is no logical connection as far as I can see among the finalisations I am aware of except that they all seem to be UK citizens. It seems that the Category 5 grants are not being made for people who applied the earliest or whose medicals are about to expire or any other obvious and logical basis.

In this situation, unfortunately, no migration agent can honestly claim to know what's going on, and in fact I'm aware of a couple of agents who are falsely trying to suggest that there's no oversubscription in the program or that 3500 Category 5 visa grants are about to be made.

So in the absence of any official acknowledgement, best to undertake empirical research, and the number of applicants who read these forums would give you sufficient data to answer a lot of these questions.

Cheers,

George Lombard
George Lombard is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:04 pm
  #72  
Reg. Migration Agent
 
George Lombard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Inner Western suburbs of Sydney
Posts: 4,483
George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Just for people who are hoping to be in the fortunate few to have their Category 5 applications finalised shortly, can I recommend that you set up a thread for Category 5 people to report if their application has been finalised, and then try to determine what logic there might be in the finalisations? There is no logical connection as far as I can see among the finalisations I am aware of except that they all seem to be UK citizens. It seems that the Category 5 grants are not being made for people who applied the earliest or whose medicals are about to expire or any other obvious and logical basis.

In this situation, unfortunately, no migration agent can honestly claim to know what's going on, and in fact I'm aware of a couple of agents who are falsely trying to suggest that there's no oversubscription in the program or that 3500 Category 5 visa grants are about to be made.

So in the absence of any official acknowledgement, best to undertake empirical research, and the number of applicants who read these forums would give you sufficient data to answer a lot of these questions.

Cheers,

George Lombard
... and fwiw this is the current message from the ASPC to all those Category 5 people who think they're ready for visa grant:

Please note the following regarding your migration application :
The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial
Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration
visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State
sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year.

Processing will focus on applications where health and character checks
have been requested by the case officer, and initially, where the case
officer has determined the case to be ready for finalisation. This
determination can only be made once a case officer has fully considered
the application. I regret to advise that your case is not currently at
this stage of processing. You will be contacted in coming months if
further processing is to take place on your application in this program
year.


Cheers,

George Lombard
George Lombard is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2009, 5:32 am
  #73  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: liverpool uk
Posts: 240
johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Default DIAC times

hi all

has anyone heard about this article i came across, its a bit of great news for a ss visa applicant not on the csl. which hopefully will be me next month once WA state come back with the result of my application.

Positive news has been announced by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) relating to the skilled visa processing changes announced in September. While previously all skilled visa applications not on the Critical Skills List (CSL) faced processing delays of up to 3 years, now non-CSL state sponsored applications are again being processed.

a senior DIAC official stated that with 3500 non-CSL state sponsored applications currently lodged, processing on these applications will continue over the remainder of the Australian financial year (to June 30, 2010). The exact number that will be finalised in this time is unknown, as when higher prioritised applications are received, these must be processed first. Any non-CSL state sponsored applications not processed this financial are likely however to be processed in the next. This means that for many, the years of delay previously feared will not occur.
johnb1 is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2009, 9:47 am
  #74  
Still alive
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,995
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC times

Where's your link to the source of this?
Dorothy is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2009, 9:50 am
  #75  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 93
fogfurn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: DIAC times

hi there i also saw this on the gomatilda site
fogfurn is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.